We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extraction without solvent Options

Scruple
#1 Posted : 2/2/2011 2:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just thinking, is it possible to do an A/B extraction without using solvent?

A very rough outline of how it might work.

. Plant material pulverized and placed in beaker.
. Concentrated pure lemon juice and water added, mixed and filtered.
. Throw away plant sludge.
. Add bicarb soda to liquid.
. Filter and keep bicarb, Throw out liquid.
. Dissolve bicarb in lemon juice and water.
. Evaporate.

Your thoughts appreciated, thank you.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Noman
#2 Posted : 2/2/2011 5:17:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The bicarb will just dissolve and there will be nothing to filter out.
DMT doesn't precipitate that way if thats what you're going for.

Scruple
#3 Posted : 2/2/2011 11:17:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noman wrote:
The bicarb will just dissolve and there will be nothing to filter out.
DMT doesn't precipitate that way if thats what you're going for.

Alright then, thank you Noman.

Ljosalfar
#4 Posted : 2/3/2011 9:28:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, IMHO, it is important to recognize that water and acidified water ARE both solvents...
Great thought experiment, keep it up! One more reason the Nexus is great - it inspires thought and open inquiry!
Peace,
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

Wanderer
#5 Posted : 2/4/2011 7:19:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I posted my theoretical water-only tek below (which I'm almost positive should work).

But here's a way that should work which I have been thinking about that uses only acetone and fumaric acid and non-polar solvents (not really toxic, only flamable -- our bodies use it in the metabolic process):

1. Basify MHRB -- add 1:1 ratio of sodium carb and root powder. Add water to make thick paste. Heat (not to boiling -- around 70-90 C) and stir vigorously. Take off heat and let it dry.

2. Put remaining powder into a glass vessel. Pour in acetone and shake/stir vigorously. Close the vessel (airtight) to allow the particulate to settle down. The acetone will separate out the freebase (and any fats).

3. Salt precipitation -- Filter the acetone or pour off clear layer after the particulate has settled. Add fumaric-acid saturated acetone to the larger acetone batch drop-wise. As soon as the larger acetone batch has turned cloudy, let it sit and allow the crystals to settle. Repeat by adding more FASA and allowing the cloudiness to dissipate until no more cloudiness forms.

4. Pour off remaining acetone and save for recycling. What's left is relatively pure DMT fumarate.

5. Freebase by using any of the methods recommended in the Wiki.

I'm pretty sure that should work.

Water only Tek

If you REALLY didn't want to use any solvents and only wanted to use water, try this (the product wouldn't be entirely pure, but probably smokable). No acids are needed because tryptamines are naturally in salt-form, which are water soluble.

1. Boil up root bark (don't add any base). Boil vigorously for a while. Filter the water after it has cooled down.
2. Boil down the water until the volume has been reduced considerably. Filter again.
3. Boil down the water until only solids are left. This will be the natural DMT salts (tannate, oxalate, etc) and some lipids and other water-soluble things.
4. Add a 1:1 ratio of sodium carbonate and mix the two together in a good amount of water. Heat the water to about 60-80 C.
5. Wait for freebase crystals to form (not soluble in water) by refrigerating the solution. After the crystals have formed and settled, filter them out (or carefully pour off the water).

The product should be mostly freebased alkaloids.

Have fun!

-- Wanderer
Wandering back to the home I never left.

All posts made by this member (Wanderer) should be read and interpreted solely as fictional accounts of fantasy, and in no way represent or depict real events or the life of any living or deceased persons.

Shaolin
#6 Posted : 2/4/2011 7:47:03 AM

Stiletto Stoner

How are the yields with this two TEK's Wanderer ?

Also acid in the first step is also used to help breakdown the plant material e.g. to increase the yield.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Wanderer
#7 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:03:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Citric acid would be too weak to really do much damage to the cell walls. Bases tend to be better at attacking cellulose anyways, but we don't want to use any bases in this tek until later. If you really wanted to do some cellular dissolving, buy some cellulase enzyme from the health-food store. And if the bark is powdered, it should be more than fine just to boil. Cell walls have a sufficient number of pores to allow water-soluble salts to flow through freely when boiled. No need to basify coffee or tea, after all.

I have yet to test the water-only tek, but I'll give it a go soon. There isn't any chemical reason it shouldn't work, though. Others have tried the acetone tek (dry-tek) with pretty good yields.

-- Wanderer
Wandering back to the home I never left.

All posts made by this member (Wanderer) should be read and interpreted solely as fictional accounts of fantasy, and in no way represent or depict real events or the life of any living or deceased persons.