We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
Joe Rogan good or bad? Options

Nathanial.Dread
#141 Posted : 9/10/2015 11:54:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bad. Joe Rogan is promulgating bad science. He makes strong claims with no evidence which only serves to promote misinformation about the nature of DMT.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DeltaSpice
#142 Posted : 9/11/2015 12:38:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd prefer it if he didn't speak about DMT. I'm not a fan of his.

I'm a UFC fan so I've been listening to him for years.
At first I did like him but some years later and he grates on me, some times I'd prefer it if he would shut up.
He has become quite embarrassing at times.

Al-Wasi
#143 Posted : 9/11/2015 12:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rogan is awesome. And although he does say a few things that aren't entirely correct I don't fualt him for it as plenty people sya the same thing. And mostly it stems from strassmans book and theory.

He probably read it or heard points from it and so its what he thinks. But he's right when he says they've found in pineal gland of mice. And like others have said he's quick to admit hea wrong.

He's a humble dude doing a lot of great work to help out in all different areas of life. I don't fault him he's a busy guy. The people that want to know the truth down to a scientific level will seek it and find it. And dmt is rather hard to obtain so I think the paranoia of it being put in the spotlight and a total crackdown happening is in called for.

Salvia could be easily purchased and smoked. Dmt needs to be extracted and most people don't ha e the time or care enough to figure it all out. It is growing In popularity but I say so what it's a good thing. Most of use here have used it already and should be thankful for the experience we've had.

It's already a schedule 1 substance in America. I don't see things getting much worse then they are.

I love dmt too. But most don't have the curiosity called for to learn how to extract and obtain what they need. It will always be a certain niche of people that use this. And most will probably use it a few times and never mess with it again.

Joe.is awesome. He's done a lot of good for the psychedelic community in general.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Pharmer
#144 Posted : 9/11/2015 12:40:57 AM

ღஐ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~ஐღ

I like Joe Rogan for what he is - an entertainer.
His misinformation is not his own and was/is popular belief with many "scientists", so I can not knock him for getting info out there. Is everyone 100% on par with what is proper and good-no way! Opinions and theorist ideals change all the time.

His podcasts are a great entertaining background noise for me and his topics do inspire thought/disgust/emotion in this wacky world.
Perhaps I am asking the wrong questions but it doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

null24
#145 Posted : 9/11/2015 12:41:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Bad. Joe Rogan is promulgating bad science. He makes strong claims with no evidence which only serves to promote misinformation about the nature of DMT.

Blessings
~ND

Amen.

Though, tbh, I've never listened to a podcast or video, but when a full third of my conversations around the psychedelic are spent refuting misinformation, and often hearing 'Joe Rogan said', as much as ' they now know', i have to agree with that sentiment.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Godsmacker
#146 Posted : 9/11/2015 1:29:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My opinion of Rogan is that of deep disdain which I reserve for all promoters of irresponsible psychedelic exploration. I think that he should stick to less scary things and that he should stay the hell away from talking about psychedelics. The last thing we need is more showboating fanatics advertising psychedelics as magical miracle drugs-this is bordering on malice and is partially responsible for the whirlind of deplorable case-reports which run rampant through media outlets accross the nation and give psychedelics a bad name. Anyone who openly promotes these things as magical miracles that everyone should do is a bane to the existence of those who do meaningful work with these substances.

If a showboating salesman got on TV and started talking about how great shooting up heroin was and encouraging others to try it so that they too could feel the rush of a lifetime, the public would boo them for corrupting youth and the public conscience. Rogan is no different; he and everyone else blindly telling others to crack open their heads with these substances are committing a crime against humanity. They are doing a great disservice to the human race and the sanctity of these substances by promoting them as panaceas. False advertising is illegal and immoral for a reason, after all...
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

dreamer042
#147 Posted : 9/11/2015 1:58:21 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Early on Joe talked about DMT on a radio show when a caller asked about it, he spouted some speculative theories about it, it blew up and got shared a billion times on the internet and the misinformation was perpetuated.

In the meantime he's had a lot of really interesting people on his podcast, I know he's a learned a lot because I have learned a lot watching his interviews. I don't think a person should be judged solely on a sound byte and that we all have the potential to learn, share and expand Smile

if you haven't kept up on what he's been up to here are several episodes that are nexus relevant:

There is tons moar but you get the idea.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Pharmer
#148 Posted : 9/11/2015 2:01:54 AM

ღஐ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~ஐღ

How easily hate can come about towards those we have never met based on a few idea's or opinions - from beings who claim to be enlightened- That is the scary part here!

Perhaps I am asking the wrong questions but it doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

Koornut
#149 Posted : 9/11/2015 2:26:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

Definitely worth a listen Thumbs up
And also the Bruce Damer interview Smile
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

inaniel
#150 Posted : 9/11/2015 3:29:41 AM

mas alla del mar

Godsmacker wrote:
My opinion of Rogan is that of deep disdain which I reserve for all promoters of irresponsible psychedelic exploration. I think that he should stick to less scary things and that he should stay the hell away from talking about psychedelics. The last thing we need is more showboating fanatics advertising psychedelics as magical miracle drugs-this is bordering on malice and is partially responsible for the whirlind of deplorable case-reports which run rampant through media outlets accross the nation and give psychedelics a bad name. Anyone who openly promotes these things as magical miracles that everyone should do is a bane to the existence of those who do meaningful work with these substances.

If a showboating salesman got on TV and started talking about how great shooting up heroin was and encouraging others to try it so that they too could feel the rush of a lifetime, the public would boo them for corrupting youth and the public conscience. Rogan is no different; he any everyone else blindly telling others to crack open their heads with these substances should be executed on the spot. They are doing a great disservice to the human race and the sanctity of these substances by promoting them as panaceas. False advertising is illegal and immoral for a reason, after all...

I don't think heroin and DMT should be compared even hypothetically.

As i said earlier, i only listened to one twenty minute or so clip. He said something along the lines of - wouldn't it be nice if there were centers where people could take classes and learn about substances, educate themselves then have them administered by a trained professional. Perhaps he educated himself and changed the tune you're speaking of, i don't know, but it was no where in the same ball park and someone telling others to shoot up heroin on television.

also, thanks for sharing those dreamer, i'm definitely going to check them out.

Nathanial.Dread
#151 Posted : 9/11/2015 3:53:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pharmer wrote:
How easily hate can come about towards those we have never met based on a few idea's or opinions - from beings who claim to be enlightened- That is the scary part here!

That's a bit judgmental. I don't think anyone here is saying that Rogan is a 'bad person,' or that we should 'hate' him, just that, on the whole, things would be better if he didn't speak on DMT. He's got a lot of good stuff on Sensory Deprivation tanks thats really interesting, and he's had a lot of experience, so his material is insightful and well-informed.

This is untrue of his DMT stuff.

I dislike this idea that more people knowing about DMT can only be a good thing. I would much rather have FEWER people who knew about DMT, if a greater percentage of that group were scientifically literate and informed about the substance.

Let's shoot for quality, not quantity here, people.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

universecannon
#152 Posted : 9/11/2015 7:34:36 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Then what serious misinformation about DMT is he spreading? Apart from a 2 minute soundbyte on a radio show several years ago where he mentioned pineal DMT, about which he later corrected himself on? (and which now has more evidence Razz )

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

3rdI
#153 Posted : 9/11/2015 8:59:29 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
That's a bit judgmental. I don't think anyone here is saying that Rogan is a 'bad person,' or that we should 'hate' him, just that, on the whole, things would be better if he didn't speak on DMT.

Godsmacker wrote:
If a showboating salesman got on TV and started talking about how great shooting up heroin was and encouraging others to try it so that they too could feel the rush of a lifetime, the public would boo them for corrupting youth and the public conscience. Rogan is no different; he any everyone else blindly telling others to crack open their heads with these substances should be executed on the spot. They are doing a great disservice to the human race and the sanctity of these substances by promoting them as panaceas. False advertising is illegal and immoral for a reason, after all...

the idea that he should be executed on the spot seems quite hateful to me.
seems you have learnt alot from using psychedelics Godsmacker, bravoThumbs up

for what its worth i think JR seems like a nice bloke, runs a good informative podcast and has what i see as a good outlook on how life should be lived.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Continuum
#154 Posted : 9/11/2015 1:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like him. His enthusiasm is infectious, and he seems more willing to learn and change than most. He's a positive light in my book.

Plus, he turned me on to Duncan Trussell, another gem, and has great guests all the time.
Forge a Path with Heart <3

Psychelectric
#155 Posted : 9/11/2015 2:29:15 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Personally I like Joe Rogan, I remember when he used to host the show Fear Factor. I have read that the reason he was made the host was because he was not afraid to do any of the tasks on that show. I have respect for that kind of fearlessness. I also have a lot of respect for people that are not afraid to speak their mind. Some of his opinions regarding DMT I find interesting and don't totally agree with, but from what I have read from many posts here on the Nexus there are many wild ideas and excitement on the nature of DMT that I don't agree with either. I think the mans heart is in the right place. He talks about many of the problems with the world and wants to play an active role in changing it. He seems to respect the power of mind altering substances, and has a brotherly vibe to him. In short he seems to be a man who cares. I've heard several of his radio rants and while some seem over the top, I understand that they should be, he is a radio personality. If he didn't have that kind of dramatic flair his voice would not be heard, likewise there is a demographic that gravitate towards him. Though I can see why people don't like his personality, but I find judgements on the tone of personality to be a waste, there is a message he's sending, and I think it's a caring one. Though that's just the vibe I get.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Psychelectric
#156 Posted : 9/11/2015 2:32:13 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Also since Joe Rogan is so into DMT,
he may very well be a member of the Nexus Laughing .
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Continuum
#157 Posted : 9/11/2015 5:08:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychelectric wrote:
Also since Joe Rogan is so into DMT,
he may very well be a member of the Nexus Laughing .

Hi Joe! Hmu next time you're in Asheville! Laughing

(this is totally in jest...not an attampt at a real world meetup; I knows the rulz Razz )
Forge a Path with Heart <3

#158 Posted : 9/11/2015 6:30:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Psychelectric wrote:
Personally I like Joe Rogan, I remember when he used to host the show Fear Factor. I have read that the reason he was made the host was because he was not afraid to do any of the tasks on that show. I have respect for that kind of fearlessness. I also have a lot of respect for people that are not afraid to speak their mind. Some of his opinions regarding DMT I find interesting and don't totally agree with, but from what I have read from many posts here on the Nexus there are many wild ideas and excitement on the nature of DMT that I don't agree with either. I think the mans heart is in the right place. He talks about many of the problems with the world and wants to play an active role in changing it. He seems to respect the power of mind altering substances, and has a brotherly vibe to him. In short he seems to be a man who cares. I've heard several of his radio rants and while some seem over the top, I understand that they should be, he is a radio personality. If he didn't have that kind of dramatic flair his voice would not be heard, likewise there is a demographic that gravitate towards him. Though I can see why people don't like his personality, but I find judgements on the tone of personality to be a waste, there is a message he's sending, and I think it's a caring one. Though that's just the vibe I get.

SyKaDeliX
#159 Posted : 9/11/2015 7:02:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
rogan seems more logical in his speech than McKenna, and terrence is also known as a spokesperson for dmt.

I think Joe is a great guy, and like you that's where I learned about Spice... but "more logical than McKenna"...I have to disagree, McKenna was a genius.

Disclaimer: Everything I say/write/post/think about is fiction. All said activities are intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

3rdI
#160 Posted : 9/11/2015 7:23:27 PM

veni, vidi, spici

McKenna was a fruit loop
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

«PREV678910NEXT»