We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Joe Rogan good or bad? Options

DeMolecularTraveler
#101 Posted : 4/25/2012 5:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup Tentacle wrote:
Joe Rogan is neither good or bad and he is both.

Unless one has actually met Joe Rogan and hung out with him outside whatever he's being video recorded for at the moment, there is now way to surmise what he's actually like or what he's truly about.

Having never met the guy, let alone hung out with him off camera, I've only ever been exposed to what has been scripted for me to see about him. There's almost no way I can get a feel for his true agenda.

I disagree. After several hundred podcasts, most 2 or 3 hours long, true colors show.
Hes a positive force spreading positive ideas.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pup Tentacle
#102 Posted : 4/25/2012 5:24:38 PM

lettuce

cosmic butterfly wrote:
ur prob not aware that hes the host of one of the biggest podcasts in the world. there theres no acting, scripts...just a few guys hanging out every couple of days. there u see the real joe rogan

Not to be the wet blanket here and I'm not trying to berate it, but how does producing a podcast make him more real? I can produce a podcast, and, just like television, only let you have what I want you to have.

This isn't to say he's NOT being genuine in his podcast just that I don't understand how you can KNOW he's being genuine.

BTW: I'll find it and listen. What's the name of the podcast? Is it "The Joe Rogan Experience"? I'd definitely like to hear more from/about him. Personally I don't have anything against him at all - my argument is just that from the resources out there... I am unable to KNOW what he's like. I can only guess which displeases my scientific-medthod mental elves.

Blessings
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

cosmic butterfly
#103 Posted : 4/25/2012 5:27:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup Tentacle wrote:
cosmic butterfly wrote:
ur prob not aware that hes the host of one of the biggest podcasts in the world. there theres no acting, scripts...just a few guys hanging out every couple of days. there u see the real joe rogan

Not to be the wet blanket here and I'm not trying to berate it, but how does producing a podcast make him more real? I can produce a podcast, and, just like television, only let you have what I want you to have.

This isn't to say he's NOT being genuine in his podcast just that I don't understand how you can KNOW he's being genuine.

BTW: I'll find it and listen. What's the name of the podcast? I'd definitely like to hear more from/about him. Personally I don't have anything against him at all - my argument is just that from the resources out there... I am unable to KNOW what he's like. I can only guess which displeases my scientific-medthod mental elves.

Blessings

DeMolecularTraveler just explained how:
[/quote]
I disagree. After several hundred podcasts, most 2 or 3 hours long, true colors show.
Hes a positive force spreading positive ideas.[/quote]
www.joerogan.net

Pup Tentacle
#104 Posted : 4/25/2012 5:29:25 PM

lettuce

I dig your conviction... I'll check it out. Smile
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

DeMolecularTraveler
#105 Posted : 4/25/2012 5:39:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup Tentacle wrote:

BTW: I'll find it and listen. What's the name of the podcast? I'd definitely like to hear more from/about him. Personally I don't have anything against him at all - my argument is just that from the resources out there... I am unable to KNOW what he's like. I can only guess which displeases my scientific-medthod mental elves.

Blessings
Rolling eyes

Well how do you know that ANYONE is ever being genuine? Just because youve met someone and hung out, does not mean that you KNOW they are genuine. You might THINK they are, but you dont KNOW.
I think most people that have spent literally hundreds of hours listening to Rogan talk uncensored with his friends and guests, have a pretty good idea as to whether or not he is being genuine.
It not even remotely scripted and nothing at all like tv or radio.
You'll see=)
I like Rogan and usually enjoy his podcasts, though some are a little meh.
Keep in mind when listening that these are comedians he has on for the most part, and while he very often talks about very cool and important things, sometimes its just silly stuff, which is fun too.
I HIGHLY recommend Duncan Trussell's Family Hour Podcast. Duncan is extremely insightful, super smart, super nice, funny, and his VAMPIRE analogy is SPOT ON. Great stuff IMO.

NOTE:Rogans podcast with Grahem Hancock is effing great.
Much Respect!

Pup Tentacle
#106 Posted : 4/25/2012 5:43:54 PM

lettuce

DeMolecularTraveler wrote:

Well how do you know that ANYONE is ever being genuine? Just because you've met someone and hung out, does not mean that you KNOW they are genuine. You might THINK they are, but you dont KNOW.

You're absolutely right. I tend to lean towards believing the entertainment world is NEVER real and that's not fair either.

That's two committed testimonials... I'm downloading the Hancock one as soon as I get home.

Thanks guys Smile
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

Lusense
#107 Posted : 4/25/2012 6:07:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I like him. He seems like a pretty smart guy at heart and I like watching the fights so it's nice to hear from him. Also he's gotten past the physical and psychedelic fear-factor which is always cool in my books. Decent stand up as well. Thumbs up. Thumbs up

benzyme
#108 Posted : 4/25/2012 6:24:34 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

good job on the necrothreading, rehashing a thread that's over a year old

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

AluminumFoilRobots
#109 Posted : 4/26/2012 5:07:20 AM

gufyg

bad.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Spacewalker
#110 Posted : 4/26/2012 5:48:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have no problem with DMT going mainstream. I hate the attitude that it should be a big secret only given to a select group of "chosen ones". Whenever i come back from a major breakthrough i want to share this wonderful substance with everyone in the entire world. I understand that the law will get involved even more if it becomes more prominent but i like to think that people who appreciate talking with Mr. Dean MarTin will are smarter than people who pass laws on things they have never tried. So i have no problem with Joe Rogan telling the world that spice exists as long as he maintains his respect for the experience. If i had his kind of media attention i would do the exact same thingThumbs up

anrchy
#111 Posted : 4/26/2012 8:09:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have watched every single podcast. He has done 208 of the JRE, Joe Rogan experience

I became aware of DMT from him, but I chose to do further research. Something that joe Rogan pushes about everything on every podcast.

He is extremely open about his opinion and feelings. He constantly states how he isn't super smart, he is just "good at Remembering what other smart people say" he almost always fact checks everything he says and almost always states after doing so that "this is all from the Internet so who the fuck really knows"

He admits not being an authority on anything. Any bad choices people make after getting info from joe is a bad on them not. He isn't responsible because someone didn't do their own research.

I am a fan of his podcast and of UFC. I'm not dimwitted, I'm not homophobic or homosexual. I find some of these comments about UFC and homosexuality to be rather ignorant. The podcast have quite a few very interesting topics. Joe talks a lot about treating people well, and about people who can bring you down. He talks about positive things and has added to my understanding of things just as would talking with friends about topics that interest me.

He is just a person. He is spokesman like because he is the only well known dmt advocater, his statement about dmt being made in the pineal gland is not being made as fact. He doesn't know anything about biochemistry and he knows that. He isn't taking himself literally and so either should you.

One statement he made lately, "neurotransmitter, wtf does that even mean. When I'm telling people about this I don't even really know what I'm saying, I kind of have an understanding but I really have no clue what it means" something along those lines is what he said.

Anyways, everyone should know about DMT. Ya it suks that we have laws and stupid humans are leading us blindly into a pit. But this is how it is. I'm glad I was shown by him. He is hilarious. He is smart. Yet, no more an authority on anything then anyone here.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

benzyme
#112 Posted : 4/26/2012 1:48:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

There have been a number of media reports lately of people being caught with kg's of MHRB, some in college dorms, a case or two about people winning a Darwin award, and recently, a man indicted on a murder charge (linked to "psychedelic DMT" use).... state gov'ts, and fed gov't, are taking notice. it may one day come back to this site. (I don't know about you, but I don't want that. with this knowledge comes some responsibility)

and you think everyone should know about DMT?

like PCP or salvia, DMT isn't for everyone. some people can not handle it, they go out and do stupid things that cost them their own lives, or put others in harm's way. Is it Joe Rogan's fault? maybe, maybe not. he's certainly not helping by encouraging everyone to do it.

kicking a dead horse, here...pretty soon it's gonna get shaved and tattoo'd, because this has
all been said several times by myself and others
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

vardlokkur
#113 Posted : 4/26/2012 2:00:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally would rather the FEDs or Interpol trace the new disinformation back to the Nexus, rather than Dr. Rogan tracing it back. You ever see that dudes spinning back kick !?!?!?

But honestly I find Joe Rogan a bit entertaining, and he creates interesting dialogue. Anyone who takes his word as gospel deserves whatever disillusioned consequences that follow, but I believe if the authorities really tighten the reins here, Joe Rogan could possibly lend a voice for the psychedelic community at a mainstream level (though I'd prefer someone like Shulgin myself). I don't think it's as simple as good or bad; intrinsically it's as Nietzsche philosophized: beyond good and evil (bad?).
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

un-known-ome
#114 Posted : 4/26/2012 2:59:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Joe Rogan did not bring me to here, nor did he influence my decision to pursue DMT. That being said, I have as of February subscribed to the Joe Rogan Experience and have managed to listen to almost half of the 208 podcasts that he has uploaded. It would be naive to think that he hasn't started a DMT movement of sorts, because he has millions of listeners worldwide and a certain YouTube clip is approaching 3 millions views. I held no opinion of Rogan prior to listening to the JRE, but I have slowly warmed up to his personality, and more importantly his role as a psychedelic promoter. Sure he promotes psychedelics like he promotes a UFC primetime event, but I haven't had any reason to believe that he is not sincere in his speech. For one, he tells tall tales of vaporizing marijuana before going live, and on USTREAM he can be seen vaporizing frequently, not to mention there are often drinks all around. Why is that relevant? I'd like to believe that in this particular context of use that either of these substances can act as a truth serum and more often than not in my experience will lead to honest discussion.

Whether or not he speaks accurately about psychedelics--in particular DMT--is another matter entirely, but something is quite clear: he is passionate about psychedelics much like I am, and he thoroughly believes that they are Weapons of Mass Ego Destruction than can benefit the world's population. If I'm not mistaken, I think he purchased 5-MeO-DMT from a research chemical supplier anytime before the United States declared it to Schedule I in 2011, and that was his first experience. I do not know for certain if he has smoked N,N-DMT but I am fairly positive that he has. Anyway, it's refreshing to hear someone talk so openly about his/her use of psychedelic drugs and because of that openness the JRE has become something like a 2-3 hour plug for mushrooms, marijuana, and DMT. Like anything else, I don't believe everything I hear but he has managed to put some very interesting idea into my head and for that I am thankful.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

d*l*b
#115 Posted : 4/26/2012 3:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never followed Joe Rogan much, have heard and seen bits of his stuff in passing. I had a bit of an open mind to him until…

http://www.gnosticmedia.com/joe-rogan-interviews-jan-irvin/

I’m sorry – that bloke is a retard, one of the most immature people I have ever heard to have bothered recording their pointless babblings and sharing them with the unfortunate public.
D × V × F > R

DeMolecularTraveler
#116 Posted : 4/26/2012 3:44:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
I have never followed Joe Rogan much, have heard and seen bits of his stuff in passing. I had a bit of an open mind to him until…

http://www.gnosticmedia.com/joe-rogan-interviews-jan-irvin/

I’m sorry – that bloke is a retard, one of the most immature people I have ever heard to have bothered recording their pointless babblings and sharing them with the unfortunate public.

calling someone a retard isnt very mature.

d*l*b
#117 Posted : 4/26/2012 4:10:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you listened to the interview??

…but, yeah I will admit it is quite a harsh comment and a potentially offensive term. I seem to quite like the word at the moment though Embarrased
D × V × F > R

DeMolecularTraveler
#118 Posted : 4/26/2012 4:30:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:

Have you listened to the interview??

…but, yeah I will admit it is quite a harsh comment and a potentially offensive term. I seem to quite like the word at the moment though Embarrased

I dont need to watch the interview, I'm well aware that Joe isnt always on his game.
I have no desire to go out of my way to watch bad videos when theres TONS more good videos.
He is however, a nice person spreading positivity to a LOT of people.
His heart is in the right place, even if he acts immature at times, who doesnt?
As for the Retard thing, I was just pointing it out while trying not to be to defensive.
It took me a long time to retire that word, and its still not in complete retirement.
Much Respect!

anrchy
#119 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Joe has pointed out many times about not liking how that podcast went.

Yes I believe everyone deserves to know the truth about everything. So what if someone can't handle DMT, that doesn't mean they shouldn't know about it. That's actually a good reason why they should know about it. The ONLY reason that publicity is bad for DMT is due to the current legality of it. Nothing to do with whether or not people can handle the effects.

Yes I dread the day where DMT will be near impossible to obtain/extract. Yet, that doesn't effect my want to spread knowledge on the subject. Joe rarely goes into DMT any more, other than explaining that it's the most powerful psychadelic and it's found in your body and he has done it "5" times. I believe the last time he did it was in an isolation tank. Which is something I definitely am going to be trying.

Any negative comments towards Rogan are frivolous. I don't listen to him for the sake of proven facts. The podcast is entertaining, funny, and sheds light on some things that I might never have heard any other way. Comments about his fans being a certain way is simply a generalization. Nothing more.

And benzyme, Rogan comments, on every podcast where he talks about pschadelics, that "they are not for everyone" he also says that you should try other weak tryptamines before trying dmt. He consistently upholds that you should research on your own before doing anything and that you shouldn't take what he says as fact and truth. So say what you want but your information needs more research.

People are going to do dumb things. The smart people shouldn't be held back because of this. You can't expect a few eggs to not be broken in the process of the human population learning about new things. People stress test everything. That's how a ton of things got invented. It's simple human behavior.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

benzyme
#120 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:43:08 PM

analytical chemist

Quote:
Yes I dread the day where DMT will be near impossible to obtain/extract

lol that's not happening.
been saying it for years: get a column.

rogan's the mainstream intro for many on the spice, which is ok...for responsible people. maybe I'm just not easily amused, many of us knew about DMT way before his radio interview.
I don't think it makes a difference whether people know about it or don't. some people seem to be content trapsing through life without psychedelics, and there's no need to preach the psychedelic ways to them either

«PREV45678NEXT»