We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1213141516NEXT»
Joe Rogan good or bad? Options

ShamanisticVibes
#261 Posted : 5/1/2021 12:20:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
ShamanisticVibes wrote:
I do not think he ever spread misinformation. I think that he gives the people spreading the information, a platform to put theories out there in order to give the opportunity for someone more "in the know" to call bullshit. A lot of times he gives people enough rope to hang themselves with. As far as being a meat eater, the argument is moot. Agriculture, whether meat or vegetable does incredible damage to wildlife all of the way down to the microscopic level. I think to ask whether he is good or bad is counterproductive. He is a vehicle. That is it

With all due respect, comparing COVID to the flu is misinformation. Pontificating about how young people will respond to the virus when he doesn't have the slightest fucking idea what he's talking about is spreading misinformation. And encouraging people not to get vaccinated will contribute to the spread of the virus and to vaccine resistant variants that hang around forever.

Somebody somewhere will die because of the garbage that poured out of his freakish looking head the other day. I would say that's pretty bad.

I realize this is a polarizing subject, but, at the risk of using anecdotal evidence, a very dear friend's death is currently being investigated as complications from the J&J vaccine. So to be stand offish about a very briefly tested vaccine that's side effects may include death as well as s slew of other things, is most prudent. Also, in his defense, he will tell you that he doesn't know shit and that he (his own words), is an "idiot" who "no one should listen to". If that isn't a proper disclaimer, I do not know what is. I respect your opinion, as well, but situations such as the ones in question are not always as black and white as we would like them to be. Do I think that he is right (both factually and morally) 100% of the time? No. But do I think that he should be labelled "bad" due to his shortcomings? Absolutely not. I think that we put too much on famous people. He is just trying to be successful, and if he came out and blatantly attacked everything that he disagreed with, he wouldn't have a show. In the end (and beginning, for that matter) his show is firstly for entertainment, and those who do not see that are missing the point. He brings awareness to a subject, so that you can do your own research, but for him to research the entire bodies of every work of every guest that he has on the show, he simply would not have a show. If you want 100% solid facts, JRE is probably not for you. Perhaps Les Friedman's podcast would suit you more. But if you want current events, discussed in some detail, with a twist of humor; then I believe that is where JRE is valuable.
May we continue to be blessed

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bill Cipher
#262 Posted : 5/1/2021 12:37:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If your friend was literally the one in a million to have a fatal reaction to the J&J vaccine, I’m truly sorry, but those are some very long odds.

If Joe Rogan doesn’t want his kids to get the vaccine, I suppose that’s his prerogative (although he should move his family to their own private island so they don’t put the rest of us at risk), but as soon he expresses that on a podcast with millions of subscribers and encourages them not to get vaccinated, he has crossed a definite line and become a threat to public health.

jamie
#263 Posted : 5/1/2021 12:52:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Bill Cipher wrote:
ShamanisticVibes wrote:
I do not think he ever spread misinformation. I think that he gives the people spreading the information, a platform to put theories out there in order to give the opportunity for someone more "in the know" to call bullshit. A lot of times he gives people enough rope to hang themselves with. As far as being a meat eater, the argument is moot. Agriculture, whether meat or vegetable does incredible damage to wildlife all of the way down to the microscopic level. I think to ask whether he is good or bad is counterproductive. He is a vehicle. That is it

With all due respect, comparing COVID to the flu is misinformation. Pontificating about how young people will respond to the virus when he doesn't have the slightest fucking idea what he's talking about is spreading misinformation. And encouraging people not to get vaccinated will contribute to the spread of the virus and to vaccine resistant variants that hang around forever.

Somebody somewhere will die because of the garbage that poured out of his freakish looking head the other day. I would say that's pretty bad.

Do you get to swear in threads every time people do not agree with you because you are moderator? Swearing and belittling others who disagree with you in threads seems to be rather commonplace. It does not reflect well, because you are a moderator and sopposed to enforce these rules not break them consistently.

Long live the unwoke.

Bill Cipher
#264 Posted : 5/1/2021 1:02:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did I belittle someone (other than Joe Rogan)? I wasn’t aware.

As to my swearing, the answer to your question is yes. Was there anything else I can do for you?

Voidmatrix
#265 Posted : 5/1/2021 2:29:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Bill Cipher wrote:
Did I belittle someone (other than Joe Rogan)? I wasn’t aware.

As to my swearing, the answer to your question is yes. Was there anything else I can do for you?

Zinger!Big grin

My personal opinion: though he tends to admit his lack of knowledge about certain things (but still casts opinions on), and provides other caveats, it's prudent, if someone's aim is to behave responsibly, to consider the nature of influence and their own influential powers on the majority of the masses whose attention is centered on them. However, he's not good or bad, just a voice, a vehicle for dialogue, and annoying (to me) lol.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

King Tryptamine
#266 Posted : 5/1/2021 9:19:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think Joe Rogan is by far a very detrimental loudmouth causing the over popularization of psychedelics in a time where users of cannabis and other less harmful drugs (relative to alcohol and tobacco) are arrested, branded as criminals and having their lives ruined by scientifically illiterate retards with overinflated egos. I feel that the popularization of psychedelics AT THIS POINT IN TIME will cause more harm than good, especially when the general public are as scientifically knowledgeable as those who impose the century old failed war on drugs. This will cause increased enforcement and attention to people who use the least sinister of drugs and therefor more lives ruined.

On the subject of meat, switching to a plant based food and drink will still cause harm to the environment but far less than using up large quantities of the Amazon rainforest for placement of cattle and the large quantities of soy used to feed them all for an individuals personal palate pleasure because that's more important than preserving life of countless species on Earth. The point of switching to a plant based diet is not to eliminate 100% environmental damage but to reduce it as much as possible.

As for the vaccines, I've not heard Joe Rogan say anything on this subject yet but I will say this it'll save more lives than it'll destroy. It's cancerous of people to downplay the risks of the virus and up-play the little side effects associated with getting a vaccine which is our only hope of returning to life before the outbreak. Looking at the news and videos on youtube it seems a lot of these antivaxxers are the lucky people not to have experienced the damage this virus can do like the healthcare workers (paramedics) who have been pouring their hearts out in order to save lives. Anti-vaxxers are vile disgusting people. I get that it's an early developed vaccine but it's not like we have much of a choice waiting around till this virus plows through the human population and causes mass suffering like it hasn't done already.

ColorfulElfBoy
#267 Posted : 5/1/2021 5:45:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Joe has been able to connect to many people though consistent hard work and luck. And I think he's used that popularity in a good way, hes shown a lot of interesting ideas to his listeners and has ultimately done good. I'm sad he is fading away now with his move and his lesser (to me) interesting guests. But I really think he's done a lot of good when he had a chance to do so. I'm thankful for him.

Bill Cipher
#268 Posted : 5/1/2021 6:07:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ColorfulElfBoy wrote:
Joe has been able to connect to many people though consistent hard work and luck. And I think he's used that popularity in a good way, hes shown a lot of interesting ideas to his listeners and has ultimately done good. I'm sad he is fading away now with his move and his lesser (to me) interesting guests. But I really think he's done a lot of good when he had a chance to do so. I'm thankful for him.

How do you square that assessment with actively discouraging people from getting vaccinated? In what world is that "doing good"?

ColorfulElfBoy
#269 Posted : 5/1/2021 8:17:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
ColorfulElfBoy wrote:

How do you square that assessment with actively discouraging people from getting vaccinated? In what world is that "doing good"?

I think Joe is human.

His comments are basically if you're Young n healthy Don't worry.
And that is an ignorant statement, but not fully wrong. I think we should all be educated on the science of this, but we all know thats not happening. I think he should just shut up about this, and get back to his roots. But his move to Texas and Spotify, ultimately a monetary move. Is his downfall. So he is basically fading away from popular culture. I Don't think his comments are taken in faith, as may of happened before, we all see his decline...

And I'm just thankful for his efforts in his prime. Nature is now in action.

Now obviously, who am I right, for all I know Joe could become the next Jesus. But thats my, Perspective.

ShamanisticVibes
#270 Posted : 5/1/2021 8:59:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

King Tryptamine wrote:
I think Joe Rogan is by far a very detrimental loudmouth causing the over popularization of psychedelics

I think that before we attack Joe, perhaps Mike Tyson may be more the guy to start with. Actively smoking extracted Toad venom basically on the air. Rogan has not had any effect on wildlife habitats, again, imho.

ShamanisticVibes
#271 Posted : 5/1/2021 9:04:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
ColorfulElfBoy wrote:

Why does everything have to circle back to vaccinations? One negative action does not negate years of hard work and spreading good information. The laughs. The awareness he has brought to a LOT of causes that would have never seen the light of day had he not brought them to the attention of those millions of viewers. I think you are over-focusing and oversimplifying the whole narrative here. Again, just my opinion and in no way is this meant as an attack. It is nice to have conversations....Ironically, that is all Rogan wanted in the first place.

dragonrider
#272 Posted : 5/1/2021 9:35:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't even know who joe rogan was before i visited this site. The first time i saw a joe rogan video, was the one with paul stamets mentioned in a DMT nexus thread.

I don't get why people get so polarized over this guy to be honest.

He's just a person who says something stupid every once in a while, and then a few days or weeks later he has a guest who actually knows something about the subject and who lectures him about the stupid thing he said.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually would manage to convince some antivaxers to take the vaccine after all.

To make the fear for vaccinations for instance, a social taboo, you make people who're standing on the cliff of the filterbubble rabbithole of what they believe is the great big truth, only more sceptical.

I have seen sceptics become convinced, simply by having an honest, open discussion.

Bill Cipher
#273 Posted : 5/1/2021 10:54:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
Why does everything have to circle back to vaccinations?

Uh... because he just said it?

If you enjoy someone's public platform and persona, where do you personally draw the line? What if he expressed some holocaust denial on tommorrow's podcast for instance? Would you still be defending him for all of his past interesting discussions?

What about if he minimized and excused violent insurrectionists from January 6th? Oh, wait... yeah... he did that. What if he were to make racist, transphobic and islamophobic comments on air? Oh... woops... he has... a bunch of times. Or what if he were to give Gavin McInnes, Milo Yiannopolus and Alex Jones platforms in which to spread hate and disinformation? D'oh... he's done that too. All perfectly good reasons for which to hold him in contempt, but I'm focused on his anti-vaxxing efforts because this just happened on Tuesday.

Anti-vaxxers and COVID hoaxers are dangerous, pure and simple. They pose a threat to every single person on the planet. They're like dogs afraid of the vacuum cleaner, except we all get to pay the price for their ignorance and gullibility. Joe Rogan has an enormous platform and holds influence over these nincompoops, who hang on every word that comes out of his bloated, basketball sized head. That is why I'm focused on what he said like all of four days ago.

ColorfulElfBoy
#274 Posted : 5/1/2021 11:26:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
ShamanisticVibes wrote:

If you enjoy someone's public platform and public persona, where do you draw the line? What if he expressed some holocaust denial on tommorrow's podcast for instance? Would you still be defending him for all of his past interesting discussions?
What about if he minimized and excused violent insurrectionists from January 6th? Oh, wait... he did... in real time... as it was occurring. What if he were to make racist, transphobic and islamophobic comments on air? Oh... woops... he has... may times. What if he were to give Gavin McInnes, Milo Yiannopolus and Alex Jones platforms in which to spread hate and disinformation? D'oh... he's done that too. All good reasons to shun him. But I'm focused on his anti-vaxxing efforts because this just happened this week.

Anti-vaxxers and COVID hoaxers are dangerous, pure and simple. They pose a threat to everyone on the planet. They're like dogs afraid of the vacuum cleaner, except we all get to pay the price for their ignorance and gullibility. Joe Rogan has an enormous platform and holds influence over these nincompoops, who hang on every word that comes out of his bloated, basketball sized head. That is why I'm focused on what he said like all of three days ago.

Everything is relative, if not Joe it would be someone else. In terms of someone spouting relative.. nonsense, Joe is quite tame.

Take Alex Jones for example, his ideas about god and dmt abuse to talk to entity's by child abusing etc.. While seemingly crazy, strike a chord with me. (As in being a way "evil" would use n abuse to get power)
I think he says a lot of crazy things, and very well wrong things, but he has an element that resonates to reasonable people. A broken clock is right twice a day, it's our job to discern that. Anyone who just believes and let's themselves go is going to face truth sooner or later. If that were not the case it would make sense to me to just use my intellect to abuse and use everyone I am in contact with to get off.
Yet I would rather kill myself in such a situation. Not everyone is reasonable, nor able to be honest. But that is their own karma to deal with.

I am a very skeptical person by nature, It's quite possible that we are all just believing in bulLshit due to a drug. Yet thats the whole trick of life, you have to let people you love go, to be free.. If you really care about others, you'll let them be. You'll give them their free will. The opposite of that, from my opinion, is called rape.

I believe that ultimately, things find a way. Who am I to interfere with that?

ColorfulElfBoy
#275 Posted : 5/1/2021 11:41:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I feel you giving more credence to Joe than necessary. He has been popular, but not that popular.
He's literally just Joe.
You need more than just Joe to inact actions. You need an inviroment. And those who seek that environment will just use him as another point, not the end all be all.

Crazy will be crazy, Joe or not.

ShamanisticVibes
#276 Posted : 5/1/2021 11:49:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
ShamanisticVibes wrote:

If you enjoy someone's public platform and persona, where do you personally draw the line? What if he expressed some holocaust denial on tommorrow's podcast for instance? Would you still be defending him for all of his past interesting discussions?

What about if he minimized and excused violent insurrectionists from January 6th? Oh, wait... yeah... he did that. What if he were to make racist, transphobic and islamophobic comments on air? Oh... woops... he has... a bunch of times. Or what if he were to give Gavin McInnes, Milo Yiannopolus and Alex Jones platforms in which to spread hate and disinformation? D'oh... he's done that too. All perfectly good reasons for which to hold him in contempt, but I'm focused on his anti-vaxxing efforts because this just happened on Tuesday.

Anti-vaxxers and COVID hoaxers are dangerous, pure and simple. They pose a threat to every single person on the planet. They're like dogs afraid of the vacuum cleaner, except we all get to pay the price for their ignorance and gullibility. Joe Rogan has an enormous platform and holds influence over these nincompoops, who hang on every word that comes out of his bloated, basketball sized head. That is why I'm focused on what he said like all of four days ago.

Clearly I have upset you in some way, so this will be my last comment on the subject. We are bringing the holocaust up here? Because that is relevant somehow? He has also come out saying that the people in the insurrection were idiots. And he is a COMEDIAN, it is his job to make light of these things to get a laugh. But we could play what if all day. What if we found out tomorrow that all of the covid vaccines were tainted and they actually harmed young people, let's say, made them sterile. Would Joe still be a bad guy? I realize that we are going to get nowhere here because we very clearly come from different backgrounds, different experiences, and our risk assessments are clearly on opposite sides of the spectrum. But I do not see anything wrong in questioning whether or not we are being told lies by an organization that has historically told us lies, and then tell us they lied to us 50 years later. There are a lot of red flags that go along with the whole subject of covid, which this has now turned into a thread about covid and vaccines, not joe rogan. I have said all I can say. The point is that one can find a counter argument for any argument, and the internet makes it possible to keep that argument/counter argument going indefinitely. Well. I agree to disagree. I can't do any more for you. But, with all due respect, I can say that your emotional response and arguments not only make it very difficult to see your side, but also give me the slightest inkling that your opinions are driven by anger. And that is where I see myself out. Have blessed weekend

Bill Cipher
#277 Posted : 5/2/2021 12:37:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You haven't upset me at all. You asked me a question and I answered it.

You may be taking my comments personally because you're not on board with the vaccine. If so, that's not my issue.

ShamanisticVibes
#278 Posted : 5/2/2021 1:21:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
You haven't upset me at all. You asked me a question and I answered it.

You may be taking my comments personally because you're not on board with the vaccine. If so, that's not my issue.

Not taking anything personally. I try to be objective. This is a thread based on many different folks' opinions, and there just seems to be a bit of anger or aggression to your opinions that is a bit off-putting. Perhaps it is just passion and resolve, but that can quickly turn, in my experience. I would rather agree to disagree then to risk violating the attitude that has been cultivated here. I am also aware that it is pretty difficult to have a neutral conversation on the subject and do not wish to disappear down that rabbit hole. I bow out of the conversation. Respectfully, of course.

Bill Cipher
#279 Posted : 5/2/2021 2:13:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m angry that Joe Rogan is discouraging people from getting vaccinated. Was that somehow unclear from anything I said?

I can’t help you with feelings about being attacked personally (because I didn’t), or about being put off by my position on Joe Rogan or vaccinations in general (because, to be blunt, I just don’t care).

ShamanisticVibes
#280 Posted : 5/2/2021 4:24:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
I’m angry that Joe Rogan is discouraging people from getting vaccinated. Was that somehow unclear from anything I said?

I can’t help you with feelings about being attacked personally (because I didn’t), or about being put off by my position on Joe Rogan or vaccinations in general (because, to be blunt, I just don’t care).

This is where I didn't want to go. I find it interesting how you talk down on him for being irresponsible with his platform, and yet you are an admin of this one, yet you do not see (or "care", in your own words), to follow the attitude guidelines in which you are here to enforce. i.e. was it necessary to tell me you don't care if you hurt my feelings? I am of the opinion that leaders (or administrators, in this case) should lead by example. And I am sorry, but I do not see you leading by example in respects to the attitude that you are meant to enforce. Again, my feelings are not hurt, nor am I offended. Just calling it how I see it. And with that, this is really my last post on this thread, because I don't see this getting any better. I do not need a response from you. I just hope that you perhaps think about the example you are setting, and if this is the environment you wish to cultivate. I truly wish you nothing but the best.

«PREV1213141516NEXT»