We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alternative for warming Natpha Options

Perceptual Reality
#1 Posted : 2/1/2011 10:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, SWIM is extracting dmt out of MHRB using Q21Q21's Tek 2. Unfortunately, a stove isnt availably at the moment. SWIM is thinking about using the warmest tap water he can produce, but doesnt know what to put the natpha in. If he puts it in a metal pot then it wont warm good enough. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 2/1/2011 10:19:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would invest in some sort of electric hot plate.

That way you don't have an open flame and it's portable.

Another alternative is a coffee maker possibly? It shouldn't be too hard to acquire one, even if you're on a budget.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Ellis D'Empty
#3 Posted : 2/2/2011 12:15:53 AM

Snirfneblin

A good idea, is to fill your sink with warm water, boil a pot of water and add to the sink water. Put the naphtha in whatever you are putting your mhrb mix in and then submerge it for about an hour. Adding boiled water to it to keep it warm.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

joedirt
#4 Posted : 2/2/2011 12:51:32 AM

Not I

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
I would invest in some sort of electric hot plate.

That way you don't have an open flame and it's portable.

Another alternative is a coffee maker possibly? It shouldn't be too hard to acquire one, even if you're on a budget.

Yep, get a hot plate. no open flames.... Keep a fire extinguisher handy.

I have not read the 'Tek" you are using, but if you are doing a plain A/B extraction you can use the exothermal heat generated from adding the base. You can also do more pulls and let the individual pulls sit longer. Heat isn't required for great yields,.

My advice:

1) make sue you powder, freeze, thaw, freeze, thaw the root bark.
2) Reduce the final amount of acidic solution to no more than 500mls per pound of bark...less is always better.
3) Do your pulls immediately after adding the base while the extraction vessel is still hot.

honestly I think heating the solvent in a home setting without a hot plate is asking for trouble....you can get the yields up with more pulls and a little more patience.

I'm sure others with much experience will chime in.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Perceptual Reality
#5 Posted : 2/2/2011 2:07:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, Ellis, that would require SWIM to have a stove ready to boil water, which he doesnt. He tried this method though with little success.

SWIM didnt have a hot plate, or coffee maker handy, but SWIM found a really great way to warm the natpha!

He used an IRON to warm the pot which contained the natpha, and it worked like a charm! SWIM recommends using an iron to warm your natpha, NO open flames, NO worries. Smile
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

gammagore
#6 Posted : 2/2/2011 10:03:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Must be a bummer not having a stove.

If I may ask, how do you cook your food and, where are you doing this extraction?

landfishd
#7 Posted : 2/2/2011 4:01:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Electric wok+sand=inexpensive hot plate

I can't remember who's idea that was but I read it on these forums and it sounds like a great idea.

dmt005
#8 Posted : 2/3/2011 1:18:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure where you are located but if you are looking for something cheap, go to the good will and pic up a Crockpot, its that simply. You can also as mentioned use sand to let ur glass gradually heat. Crock pots are cheap and work well.

You can also get a rice cooker but they are more of a pain in the A$$.

Perceptual Reality
#9 Posted : 2/4/2011 3:47:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A crockpot sounds good. And I cook my food on a stove, but i wasnt at home at this time, I was at a friends who had no stove, and usually eats out.

Andrewsss
#10 Posted : 2/5/2011 10:16:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used a large rice cooker, cheap to like 13$ at Wallyworld. Extraction went BEAUTIFUL, cant say the same for my bufotenine experiments