We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Geometry of DMT crystals Options

Ljosalfar
#81 Posted : 2/17/2011 10:08:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CaptainFuture wrote:
burnt wrote:
Yea I'm sure the crystals are offended...please Rolling eyes Wink

Cynicism doesn't help either...
For one reason I couldn't re-grow the diamonds. And the other due to the overall mood in this thread and on the Nexus overall.
I can't believe to find that lot of extreme "Ego- acting" behavior on a DMT forum. I mean, Dimethyltryptamin is so magic, there's simply nothing explainable about it, even if all those scientists try to do so. Its like a conversation between a Shipibo shaman and Rick Strassman. The one part only accepts scientific researched so called 'facts' and the other first sees the living spirit in all of it. And for me DMT is definitely far beyond thought driven understanding. In fact only without thoughts (Ego) there's a way to see the real meaning of DMT and therefore existence.
And I am sure this will bring on more from the usual suspects. But I really wanted to point that out. And I experienced a lot of that stuff during my 8 years of shroomery/mycotopia. The majority there is only interested to grow large amounts of easy to grow PFtek Cubes or Pans and then barely take enough to even get somewhere close to Ego-loss...

Nice crystals, very nice crystals! Re the above, ever the peace-maker, I sympathize with you both. That said, Captain, I believe you are mistaking scientific inquiry for a soulless enterprise and reacting to the mystery of tryptamine experiences with unfounded suppositions and divisions... I offer the following quote from the grandmaster Richard Feynman, a physicist who illumnated the universe's "living spirit" by looking deeply and with intelligence at the fundamentals - light and matter. He said,

"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere gobs of gas atoms. I too can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?...What is the pattern, or the meaning, or the why? It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little about it. For far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it." 1963
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jbark
#82 Posted : 2/17/2011 10:16:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK. Love the crystals Captain Future. Everyone here has been quite vehement and polite on that point. But c'mon, where is this ego you speak of...? Everyone here has been exceptionally respectful, considering this is in an advanced chemistry thread.

One aspect of ego is a want of humility; when chemists correct me on points of chemistry, I humbly defer to their greater knowledge; if I do happen to disagree, I present a viable debate, and unless there is name-calling, I respect all people involved in the debate. If we are to say there are two sides to this, the insults have been pretty unilaterally from the "non-science" camp. (I won't directly quote, but reason police and rational nazis (yes these are paraphrased) come to mind) Yet, for the most part, the insulted parties carry on with a respectful debate (with a couple of exceptions, one noted by myself and apologized for in a previous post. We are all human).

The atmosphere here has been strained for a while on these points. That is why a Mystic/esoteric subforum was added, as well another dedicated specifically to science. I for one adore these debates; i am a very spiritual person (read my trip reports or many of my 1300 + posts if you find that hard to believe), and am trying to reconcile my cartesian upbringing with a blossoming sense of self, the universe and "spirit", if you will.

It never ceases to amaze me how people get offended when their beliefs are challenged. But that is the way of the world. I personally love being challenged and love defending my point of view. Sometimes it reminds me how right I am, but more often it reminds me how shaky the ground I took as firm really is. Any belief held steadfastly is not a belief, but a dogma. And I grow from these interchanges. Until the names start flying and the sarcasm is wielded...

I applaud Rising spirit on the thread he started in response to this thread. I have been meaning to write something up there to add to the ideas already expressed by the eloquent fellows who've already posted. But again, the ego-filled insinuations and namecalling in the very first few posts! God what brilliant spiritual minds we have here! I admire and salute you! BUT PLEASE stop the name calling and the petty battles. I don't get it. I truly do not. I have tried several times to quell this here with explanations, sincere apologies and clarifications, to turn around and witness another little fire spark up. This time maybe it was Burnt's fault. But you ARE in an advanced chemistry thread.

Is it too much to ask to take the higher ground? I mean, i reiterate, you've got a GREAT thread here. And you have done great work! But don't begrudge a chemist sharing what he has learned with you. (take a look at the first posts in this thread. No disrespect, no namecalling, no insinuations, just a sharing of what he has learned, in a lifetime of specific study, about crystals!) Then the accusations started flying...

Now you can cut and paste all the things I have written here and build an argument against me. But I hope you don't. I hope you concentrate on the good things I have said (that somehow were previously ignored) and recognize the spirit in which this was written.

Let's just forget this and move on. I sincerely hope my post isn't even addressed, not to have the final word, but rather as proof that we can all just move right along with the subject at hand, and quit the one-liner comebacks.

Remember, we are all here to learn from each other, not bicker and feel diminished (I am addressing both sides here).

Respect,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Rising Spirit
#83 Posted : 2/18/2011 12:44:23 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

CaptainFuture wrote:
I mean, Dimethyltryptamin is so magic, there's simply nothing explainable about it, even if all those scientists try to do so. Its like a conversation between a Shipibo shaman and Rick Strassman. The one part only accepts scientific researched so called 'facts' and the other first sees the living spirit in all of it. And for me DMT is definitely far beyond thought driven understanding. In fact only without thoughts (Ego) there's a way to see the real meaning of DMT and therefore existence.

Hi CaptainFuture,

Thank you for returning to this thread with such magnificent eye candy!!! You are a genius in the ways of crystalline art. I respect your convictions and honor your spiritual connection to these lovely gems. While I believe you do have every right to express your most personal beliefs about the 'magical' nature of these complex crystallographic DMT geometries, I have begun to see both sides of this clash in polarized ideologies.

Let's consider, for the sake of community harmony, that any further dialog keep the exchanges within the parameters of clinical objectivity (held in such high esteem within the Advanced/Enhanced Chemistry section)? Sure, we all know that we call DMT the Spirit Molecule for a reason. It is not named the Science Molecule, after all... so it's only natural to introduce our spiritual beliefs, as we have experienced them firsthand, as a reality more real than anything which we have ever thought was even possible! Many of us have been to this indivisible field of light? We can discuss this topic to our hearts delight. We have forums for these realizations and inspirations, so let's use them wisely, shall we?

Shouldn't we express what we have seen as the Universal Truth? Of course we should compare notes but... perhaps another area would offer more chance to broaden the discussion, without causing the predictable clash of wills (egos), which we have seen on this thread. I bear my responsibility in the polarity and I implore you all to reconsider where you speak, for it is important collectively. My thoughts are valuable, as are yours. We can have a fascinating time with parallel discussions, simultaneously, in a couple forum areas. Now that would be awesome!

That being said, if we have no boundaries with the exchange of our ideas, it becomes confusing for outsiders and potential new members to successfully navigate to the areas they are most interested in, and be conducted in the manner in which they are accustomed. So maybe we "spiritual people" should be more inspired to leave a brief comment with a link to an alternate thread, in such a specific forum as this one? You know, say I post a comment and voice my thoughts, "Well my opinion is based on my personal transcendental realization, so if you would be interested on my spin on things, this is the link to the thread, in another area of the Nexus." :idea:

Not a surrender of the soulful folks to the logicians, rather, to harmonize for the greater good of this online community. Jbark and endlessness made me realize that when we cross boundaries into specified discussion forums, we impact the greater community in ways we may not be aware of. You see, in our collective efforts to generate a positive, respectable, informative platform to present the truth about the Spirit Molecule, we need to understand how there are more appropriate forums for these departures of 'Cosmic Consciousness'. None of these ideas are being forbidden in such spiritual or esoteric sections, so why not take advantage of these specified forum regions? It would save us all a lot of valuable time and avoid unnecessary controversy.

Spontaneity is a beautiful thing, yet when I have enthusiastically placed my spontaneous comments in the inappropriate areas, I have done an injustice to the credibility of that forum (without even knowing it). Now, I can see how this could possibly impact the work of thousands of devoted scientific technicians and sincere researchers. I really don't have a right to influence how the world views the topics which are relegated to methodical rationality and pragmatic scientific procedure. So, requiring a more scholastic presentation in this forum on the Nexus, I would elicit more co-operation to direct our commentary to the procedural, rather than the inspirational? If I speak my heart in the forums which welcome such dialog, I have done something well and kept the greater harmony in mind and in heart.

Let's face it, not a single person in this Nexian family is a hard-hearted, soulless, materialistic human being. There are a vast number of cold-hearted, antagonistic 'scientists' out in the real world, who would lock us all up if they had half a chance. Right? We don't want to give them any more reasons to denounce the intelligence and integrity of our scientifically-inclined Nexian brothers and sisters. In fact, when we do so, it fuels the fire which results in more dismissive condemnation of this Spirit Molecule and all psychedelic entheogens, for that matter.

The specified divisions of these Nexian forums, even the very structure of this entire website, intentionally directs readers (many of them from outside this community) to serious conversations which they are naturally drawn to, by way of personal proclivity and natural characteristic. It only makes sense to keep the big picture in mind, even as we aspire to share what is our own subjective revelation. For the sake of the greater community good, I plead that we all remember that we have more than enough room to voice our ideas, experiences and hypothesis'... we just need to place them accordingly. Wink

Why stay in specified boundaries? Doesn't this limit my freedom of speech? Who should be so bold as to dictate the placement of our opinions? I have begun to see the wisdom of the format in place. Let me suggest that this is not a casual social gathering or a party at someone's home. What we say and do is watched my thousands of eyes. It's fine to have your beliefs and it is the right of any living person to express their freedom of speech. But there is an old colloquialism that applies to this thread, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

My point? Placement is actually important and we do need to think first before we jump into a discussion which may draw the attention of minds which may not be remotely objective and may just be looking for any excuse to direct negativity our way, collectively. None of us has the right to do so, without considering the impact it may have on the reputation of the Nexus, as a whole.

I have discovered ways to speak my heartfelt subjective spiritual experiences and have had nothing but loving support, when I do so in the appropriate forums. We have a lot of ground to choose from in the Nexus and it's easy to start a new thread and link it to an existing one. So, I implore the Spirit Dancers and Wounded Healers to direct their deepest beliefs and cherished, direct spiritual experiences of the Divine Being, to the receptive areas within the various sub-forums within the Nexus. Come on guys, the Blue Meanies are looking to stop everything we are working to achieve, so if we can't get along amongst ourselves... we ain't got a chance against The Man.

BTW, come on over and join into my recent discussion in the Mystic/ esoteric forum:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=19272

There is absolutely no reason that CaptainFuture shouldn't make a parallel thread in this section and open the door for other Nexians to freely share of their experiences with alternate crystallographic geometries. I myself, have a story to share about my experience with a flawless tabular DMT crystal of exceptional crystallographic geometry. I'd be more than happy to discuss my impressions of this gorgeously faceted DMT crystal, within the folds of the Spirituality forum. What I received form vaporizing this crystal was nothing less that transcendental. Shocked

Is there a connection between the geometry of the DMT crystal and the transcendental content and potency of our spiritual experiences?

What do you think CaptainFuture? Certainly, we can take this discussion to a very Sacred Ground and open the door for many other sympathetic souls to share their own findings about these amazing crystals.

Richard Feynman wrote:
"Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere gobs of gas atoms. I too can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?...What is the pattern, or the meaning, or the why? It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little about it. For far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it." 1963

What he said. Very happy

jbark wrote:
The atmosphere here has been strained for a while on these points. That is why a Mystic/esoteric subforum was added, as well another dedicated specifically to science. I for one adore these debates; i am a very spiritual person (read my trip reports or many of my 1300 + posts if you find that hard to believe), and am trying to reconcile my cartesian upbringing with a blossoming sense of self, the universe and "spirit", if you will.

Please swing over and speak you mind freely. Remember, any vantage point is most welcome and we learn about ourselves when we listen to another. Even atheists and agnostics have mind-blowing experiences which go beyond their definitions of the known and the conceivable. I believe when we communicate, despite variances in subjectivity and semantically differentiated modes of expression, we share a greater horizon line, collectively.

Now, back to the exciting and provocative research of producing these fascinating crystal geometries!

IMHO, we should all stand up from our computers and give CaptainFuture a standing ovation for his beautiful extracted DMT crystals. They are lovely and mouth-watering delights, a wonder to behold! Kudos to El Capitano for his gifted artistry and adherence to his succinct methodology. I am thrilled to anticipate his next batch of sparkling white 'diamonds'!

Overall, our collective understanding benefits each of us, as a whole society of psychonauts. Compromise is the sign of an advanced culture. We are, if nothing else, most decidedly an advanced cultural phenomenon. A light in the forest, so to speak? In light of this noble characteristic, shall we say our peace in the forum which it will most be well received and more thoughtfully responded to? Just my 2 cents, guys, and with all due respect to all of you fine people. Arrivederci.

Peace, love & light

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Jumper
#84 Posted : 2/18/2011 7:17:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Such magnificent specimens indeed! Congrats to CF, and thanx for sharing those amazing pictures.
Those square ended formations are quite interesting.

Disclaimer: All words and images posted herein under the username Jumper are strictly for entertainment purposes only, and are fictitious in nature. Swim is the imaginary character of a schizophrenic and all posts connected to said entity are the deluded ramblings of a madman, who admits that all posted data herein was electromagnetically beamed into his brain from a HAARP antenna array.

CaptainFuture
#85 Posted : 2/18/2011 8:50:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
OK. Love the crystals Captain Future. Everyone here has been quite vehement and polite on that point. But c'mon, where is this ego you speak of...? Everyone here has been exceptionally respectful, considering this is in an advanced chemistry thread.

One aspect of ego is a want of humility; when chemists correct me on points of chemistry, I humbly defer to their greater knowledge; if I do happen to disagree, I present a viable debate, and unless there is name-calling, I respect all people involved in the debate. If we are to say there are two sides to this, the insults have been pretty unilaterally from the "non-science" camp. (I won't directly quote, but reason police and rational nazis (yes these are paraphrased) come to mind) Yet, for the most part, the insulted parties carry on with a respectful debate (with a couple of exceptions, one noted by myself and apologized for in a previous post. We are all human).

It never ceases to amaze me how people get offended when their beliefs are challenged. But that is the way of the world. I personally love being challenged and love defending my point of view. Sometimes it reminds me how right I am, but more often it reminds me how shaky the ground I took as firm really is. Any belief held steadfastly is not a belief, but a dogma. And I grow from these interchanges. Until the names start flying and the sarcasm is wielded...

I applaud Rising spirit on the thread he started in response to this thread. I have been meaning to write something up there to add to the ideas already expressed by the eloquent fellows who've already posted. But again, the ego-filled insinuations and namecalling in the very first few posts! God what brilliant spiritual minds we have here! I admire and salute you! BUT PLEASE stop the name calling and the petty battles. I don't get it. I truly do not. I have tried several times to quell this here with explanations, sincere apologies and clarifications, to turn around and witness another little fire spark up. This time maybe it was Burnt's fault. But you ARE in an advanced chemistry thread.

Is it too much to ask to take the higher ground? I mean, i reiterate, you've got a GREAT thread here. And you have done great work! But don't begrudge a chemist sharing what he has learned with you. (take a look at the first posts in this thread. No disrespect, no namecalling, no insinuations, just a sharing of what he has learned, in a lifetime of specific study, about crystals!) Then the accusations started flying...

Now you can cut and paste all the things I have written here and build an argument against me. But I hope you don't. I hope you concentrate on the good things I have said (that somehow were previously ignored) and recognize the spirit in which this was written.

Let's just forget this and move on. I sincerely hope my post isn't even addressed, not to have the final word, but rather as proof that we can all just move right along with the subject at hand, and quit the one-liner comebacks.

Remember, we are all here to learn from each other, not bicker and feel diminished (I am addressing both sides here).

Respect,

JBArk

I guess you just don't know what I mean with "Ego".
Have you ever read Eckart Tolle? He describes it all so well.

And believe me I am not alone thinking the Nexus has way too much Ego behaviour present. But thats all ok,
I love all of you anyway, we are all part of the same source. And thats why I want to share the magic the spirit molecule reveals me, both by crystal formation and by sharing experiences. Sadly the 2nd thing does not belong in this subforum, but I was always against rules, so sorry if that broke your sense of order.

So I hope the love finds a way back into this place and will overcome the claim for rights of the individual, cause there simply is no individual, we're all the same, every tiny bit of everything that exists is just pure energy in its core. And humans are nothing differeng from anything else. Thats just Ego what makes us think so and therefore lets us suffer and most sadly LET SUFFER SO MANY OVER BEINGS, including even our children.

With love, Oliver

LOVE is all there is.

burnt
#86 Posted : 2/18/2011 8:53:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

All I tried to do is bring up a reasonable explanation for why crystal shape might effect potency. Its the people who got offended about that, for no real reason, who start the whole issue of being offended in the first place. I don't see why no one actually took the time to respond to and think about my statements. Or bring up new explanations that don't involve rewriting the laws of chemistry and physics. This has nothing to do with ego battles. It has to do with drug pharmacokinetics. We can still go back to that discussion but no one seems interested. I don't even understand where all this talk about ego battles comes from. I think maybe I am more used to having critical debate with people on scientific issues them some people here so I don't see the discussion as offensive or rude but as a way to learning.

I am also interested in talking about conditions of that affect crystallization because its an interesting subject and one I deal with in real life.

If you think crystals have feelings sorry I have to laugh at that because its silly. I'm not being condescending but really its pretty funny that things like that get drawn into these discussions.

endlessness
#87 Posted : 2/18/2011 9:04:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CaptainFuture wrote:

And believe me I am not alone thinking the Nexus has way too much Ego behaviour present. But thats all ok,
I love all of you anyway, we are all part of the same source. And thats why I want to share the magic the spirit molecule reveals me, both by crystal formation and by sharing experiences. Sadly the 2nd thing does not belong in this subforum, but I was always against rules, so sorry if that broke your sense of order.

So I hope the love finds a way back into this place and will overcome the claim for rights of the individual, cause there simply is no individual, we're all the same, every tiny bit of everything that exists is just pure energy in its core. And humans are nothing differeng from anything else. Thats just Ego what makes us think so and therefore lets us suffer and most sadly LET SUFFER SO MANY OVER BEINGS, including even our children.

With love, Oliver

Ego points at ego points at ego points at ego points at....... How is that helping anything at all? Does it really add to the discussion? Do you think saying this would actually make someone change, or maybe its venting, being reactive?

How about we just be, and as jbark say, try to take the higher ground in the discussion? I thought his answer was very elaborate and well written and I seriously hope you took time to think a bit about what he said.

This thread I think is a good one with the related subject.

I really like SKA's post:

SKA wrote:
I've encountered this hard, judgemental tone here as well.
In a certain Topic one nexus member came at me quite offensive, rediculing and respectless. I was tempted to react in a negative, cynical way.
I then realised this cynical negative response was the Unconscious Egoic mind in me reacting to the Unconscious Egoic mind in this nexus member.
This realisation did away with this negative response and made me explain myself, where the other nexus member had just misunderstood me.

This ego-less, fact-based reaction appearantly worked miracles, because the very next post this member posted was him/her apologising for having been rude and saying he/she would be glad to help me.

So what I advise anyone to do whenever they encounter Unconscious behaviour in others; Do not condemn them, do not feel tempted to engage them.
Respond to them kindly, patiently. Don't take it personal and just clarify the misunderstanding in a self-less way.

Now please, less talking and more crystal porn!!! Very happy

CaptainFuture
#88 Posted : 2/18/2011 9:12:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
All I tried to do is bring up a reasonable explanation for why crystal shape might effect potency. Its the people who got offended about that, for no real reason, who start the whole issue of being offended in the first place. I don't see why no one actually took the time to respond to and think about my statements. Or bring up new explanations that don't involve rewriting the laws of chemistry and physics. This has nothing to do with ego battles. It has to do with drug pharmacokinetics. We can still go back to that discussion but no one seems interested.

I am also interested in talking about conditions of that affect crystallization because its an interesting subject and one I deal with in real life.

If you think crystals have feelings sorry I have to laugh at that because its silly. I'm not being condescending but really its pretty funny that things like that get drawn into these discussions.

I guess you don't know what I meant with "Ego" either.
There is no explanation for life, for existance.
Thats all a thought/Ego driven approach and a desperate try to explain itself, to make the Ego reality the humanity is stucked in, more real.
The whole discussion, chemical approach and all personal "meaning" about it, about life is only the unleashed thinking system trying to seperate us from each other. And thats why we think we are all individuals, seperated from everything else.

LOVE is all there is.

burnt
#89 Posted : 2/18/2011 9:19:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I have a question. How do people get such nice zoomed in photos of crystals?

Infundibulum
#90 Posted : 2/18/2011 10:09:46 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I think we have the birth of a novel logical fallacy here. I decide to name it "Appeal to Ego (or its lack!)" It goes something like that:

-You have a very big Ego, therefore you're wrong.

Appeals to Ego (or its lack thereof) are annoyoing as hell and we must fight to stop that crap.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

downwardsfromzero
#91 Posted : 2/18/2011 4:43:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

burnt wrote:
Yea I'm sure the crystals are offended...please Rolling eyes Wink

I'm glad we can agree that ENHANCED chemistry has a little room for a spiritual dimension.

e.g. Don't do chemistry while drunk/intoxicated/in a hurry. Don't synth drugs while tripping. Wink
Quote:
If you think crystals have feelings sorry I have to laugh at that because its silly.
LaughingIf you think I think crystals have feelings, sorry, I have to laugh at that because its silly. It was a sort of cross between a joke and a metaphor.Very happy
Quote:
All I tried to do is bring up a reasonable explanation for why crystal shape might effect potency

All I tried to do was give an example of how unknown factors may affect crystal formation, from a "beyond the lab" perspective... Please try to understand that example with relevance to Captain Future's crystallographic and experiential observations.
Quote:
Or bring up new explanations that don't involve rewriting the laws of chemistry and physics.

Sometimes rewriting is what we have to do, because otherwise we'd "still be in the stone age". Just look at the history of science... Laughing

Sorry, less bickering, more crystallizing!

Captain Future, lovely pics of the latest batch. There's a hint of diamondness to some of them but they're still pretty tabular, yes. Are they sufficiently different in form to warrant a subjective assay, or is the placebo cat already irretrievably out of the bag (or should that be box, I wonder?)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

CaptainFuture
#92 Posted : 2/20/2011 8:22:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More Crystal pix. Did two new Extractions, one A/B one Lime. Then as usual re- crystallized them.

The first bowl is from the Lime pullings, the second from the A/B and the third from tint, wax and oxide contaminated residues of all pullings. (both A/B and Lime)

ALL conditions were the same and you can clearly see that 3 different crystal types grew.
And the flat, square, solid type which is the closest to the diamonds grew in the most contamn'ed third bowl with the combined pullings.
What that means? Maybe the 'dirt' has something to do with the hard, more solid shape of the xtls.
I will try to do more extractions the next days and I will re-dissolve the residues of the bowls above. There is lot of yellow tint and oxides visible as the clear film on the bottom of the bowls. Will be interesting what comes out then.
Btw. I will build me a copper pyramid and will try to grow the crystals under it. And this will be very interesting...

About the last heavier crystals from that pic:

I smoked/vaped them. Around 50mgs, it was a very tiny amount of visible material, the crystals are very solid and therefore heavy.
and I experienced again a extreme difference compared to the 'usual' crystals (like the above A/B and/or Lime ones).
The experience was more vivid, more powerful and lasted again double the time of a 50mg dose with the other crystals.
I was on a very extreme peak for 6mins. Then opened the eyes and still had massive visual transformations of the room and my friend until after around 10minutes it slowly faded and the room came back into shape. I was totally down after 30-40minutes. This, especially the fact that it last much longer, got nothing to do with placebo stuff Endless mentioned. One has to experience that for himself to say anything about it. SO TRY TO GROW YOUR OWN & TEST THEM!
My dear friend did some, too, had trouble vaporizing it because he almost felt the power rushing in when doing so.
And he also said they are somehow more powerful, spiritual/energetic. And it lasted way longer for him, too!

LOVE is all there is.

downwardsfromzero
#93 Posted : 2/20/2011 9:15:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great crystals and interesting results. There is of course the possibility that the dense crystals contain something other than or in addition to DMT. Only an analysis would tell, although the Jungle Spice LC-MS work of Benzyme is far from unambiguous...

Have you tried extracting from a different batch of plant material for comparison, CF? And how about doing a vacuum sublimation of the dense crystals to compare results?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

CaptainFuture
#94 Posted : 2/20/2011 10:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Great crystals and interesting results. There is of course the possibility that the dense crystals contain something other than or in addition to DMT. Only an analysis would tell, although the Jungle Spice LC-MS work of Benzyme is far from unambiguous...

Have you tried extracting from a different batch of plant material for comparison, CF? And how about doing a vacuum sublimation of the dense crystals to compare results?

It is DMT, I am pretty shure about that. they are specially clear. The diamonds where very pure. The yellow goo collects around them.
I did extractions on 4 different types of Mimosa bark, from Mex and Braz.

Got no idea what vac. sub is. I will test the different types more in the future. I am precisely measuring the weight now and do suck/pull on the pipe as long as there comes smoke to be sure all of the material is out. I am pretty good at it and usually have another 10-15secs before the buzzing sound starts after putting away the pipe and laying down.

LOVE is all there is.

CaptainFuture
#95 Posted : 2/21/2011 2:16:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just experienced 40mgs of the same crystals I already did on friday. Again I found everything confirmed. It took 40minutes till the last effects wore off.
And although it was daytime with bright light, I had very colorful visions, which usually don't appear with the 'standard' crystals.

I have a few more pix.
This bowl is from the combined yellow Naphta residues of the A/B and the Residue bowl from before (to avoid that the crystals get yellow when it evapes)

There grew square plates and shark type rosettes, BUT look closely and you'll see the sharks are different, not flat/square and not with a geometric tip.
And sure, lots of yellow oxides at the bottom. (btw. I don't use them- I simply wash them away- tried them and this is so non interesting for me.)
LOVE is all there is.

CaptainFuture
#96 Posted : 2/22/2011 12:06:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some more pictures. I made shots of the weight of those solid crystals compared to the fluffy crystalline stuff which comes out of the lime tek. Its less material but double the weight!
And look what a tiny amount 55mgs/one dose is...
LOVE is all there is.

MelCat
#97 Posted : 3/3/2011 1:13:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just checked on a rex I had going on and one of the gems reminded me of this thread.

While not diamond or pure white, it is very dense. I have not bio-assayed it yet, so I don't have any info there.

There were some other formations but I only took pics of the biggest one.

The method used was a very messy variation of the cake method :

100g MHRB soaked in methanol for 2 weeks. Then a couple of heated pulls done.
These combined pulls were left to evaporate mostly. It formed a big gooey, nasty clump that wouldn't really finish evaporating. So I redissolved the clump into some fresh methanol and added a strong NaOH solution and pulled with xylene.

Looking back I don't know why I evaporated it to begin with. I should have just added the basified solution to the saturated alcohol. Anyways...

I let the xylene pulls evap completely and re'xd with heptane. I didn't weigh the full spectrum before the re-x but I assume it was about 2.5 grams. I dissolved that into 70ml of piping hot heptane and let it sit completely covered for 2 days. When I checked on it today, there was just under 1g worth of crystals. I poured out the heptane into a different dish and collected the crystals. I really wish I would have had more patience and let them alone for a week or so. Something tells me they weren't finished growing yet. I definitely plan on trying this again.

So without any further ado... Here's the pics.. Very happy
MelCat attached the following image(s):
100_5036.JPG (2,608kb) downloaded 764 time(s).
100_5040.JPG (2,609kb) downloaded 756 time(s).
100_5043.JPG (2,560kb) downloaded 750 time(s).
100_5040x.JPG (42kb) downloaded 723 time(s).
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Citta
#98 Posted : 3/3/2011 5:37:49 PM

Skepdick

CaptainFuture wrote:

I guess you don't know what I meant with "Ego" either.
There is no explanation for life, for existance.
Thats all a thought/Ego driven approach and a desperate try to explain itself, to make the Ego reality the humanity is stucked in, more real.
The whole discussion, chemical approach and all personal "meaning" about it, about life is only the unleashed thinking system trying to seperate us from each other. And thats why we think we are all individuals, seperated from everything else.

What exactly do you mean by all of this? No explanation for life? There is plenty of explanations for a vide variety of things. Biology, from the Greek word βίος, bios, "life", and the suffix -λογία, -logia, "study of", is a whole body of knowledge concerning the phenomenon that is life. Everything from the incredibly rich and mechanistic architecture of the cell all the way up to the behaviour of whole ecosystems and how life may have evolved on earth. Furthermore there are plenty of explanations for the chemistry that is underlying all of life and all of the matter we see around us, for the particles and quarks that constitutes it, for the behaviour and effect of the four fundamental forces and how all of these things came into play in the history of the universe. These are big and serious areas of study that real people have been and are still working hard with.

Trying to explain in the best way we possibly can all the crazy shit that is going on around us is not about ego, it's about great wonder, creative solutions, fascination, understanding and curiosity. It is the work of great and dedicated minds.

Yes, it's pretty damn cool that we're even here having this experience, but that doesn't mean there ain't shit we can explain and in fact do have explanations for. The stuff burnt talks about are real issues and he's got education in these things so I suggest you try to learn from what he says Smile

CaptainFuture
#99 Posted : 3/3/2011 11:56:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for taking part with your pictures!!!
They do look more like Amber than DMT, but beautiful.
Test them and let us know. Though it will be different to compare cause its the full spec. you have there.
But great to see others taking part on the DMT crystalizing. Still waiting for some crystallization work of the skeptics...

Citta wrote:

What exactly do you mean by all of this?

Please, if you really want to know, get into Eckhart Tolle's teachings, he really knows how to put it in words. And he speaks far better english than me. I always have to look up for the words. Its lot of stuff out there on youtube. And once you saw him, its really easy to understand what I mean and what it's all about with EGO and 'our material reality'. I don't say the whole science is wrong, I just say its useless, cause it only sees the material form of life, of the being.
If you think he is talking shit (and therefore I am, too) , its ok, go along- you will find out the truth when you finally leave your material existence.
And maybe earlier if you have an EGO-death-experience before that time, which can be achieved on different ways. (But DMT makes it soooo easy to have it)
I am absolutely sure about what he says! I am so thankful that I finally found DMT which we created in the beginning of all matter to offer us a way to leave matter behind instantly. It is its only purpose to do this. Birth, death, spiritual experiences and every night during REM sleep.(although this is a non conscious way to go there) Its the connection between our real existence and the material form of it.

Anyway, back to the crystals.
I did more extractions and re-crystallizations, but until now they didn't grow like diamonds again. When clean, they are growing very dense, but always look typically.
I tried to grow them under a copper pyramid which I built. And they are growing faster under it, and always very dense.

I didn't take pictures of the last ones. But will do so. And will take pix of that pyramid, too. I've just started an new extraction...
But I had some beautiful crystal carpets growing under the pyramid. Usually it takes days to crystallize the molten DMT/DMTOxide mix on the bottom of a bowl. But under the pyramid I found those over night! Soooo beautiful!

LOVE is all there is.

Citta
#100 Posted : 3/4/2011 6:06:33 AM

Skepdick

CaptainFuture wrote:
I just say its useless, cause it only sees the material form of life, of the being.

Science is useless? The fact that you sit there with your milligram scale, the fact that you can extract DMT out of plants, the fact that you can make these crystals is all because of science. That we can communicate with eachother even though we're far apart is science. How can you say science is useless? That is so ignorant. Science and technology makes us live longer and safer, gives us medicines and vaccines, gives us clean water, gives you electricity in your home, flushes your damn toilet, keeps your food cold in the fridge and so many other things.

«PREV34567NEXT»