We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Smoking DMT out of an "Oil Rig" made for hash oil? Options

RobMarley
#1 Posted : 1/30/2011 5:12:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried this before?

I wonder how it would work? With big ammounts I'd be worried that the DMT would run off the hot pad before being completely vaporized.

Here's some video of "Oil Rigs" in action. I'd love to smoke DMT out of one of these things!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PU4FfCOdpY

Transcend The Limitations of Physical Reality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 1/30/2011 6:36:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure that would probably be very effective. Looks cool too. How to drop your dose onto the skillet though? It's not like you can dab a bunch of DMT goo onto a needle.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 1/30/2011 6:44:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

what about DMT acetate?

You could probably dab that right?

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 1/30/2011 7:05:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay... then how to weigh your dab???

RobMarley
#5 Posted : 1/30/2011 7:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
How to drop your dose onto the skillet though? It's not like you can dab a bunch of DMT goo onto a needle.

I was thinking a small metal or glass tube of some kind would work. Just scoop up your dose in the tube and dump it onto the hot plate. Or it could be dumped from the tip of a tiny knife or something.

But I'm wondering how a 25mg pile of DMT is going to react when it is dumped directly onto a surface that hot. Instant vaporization? Or would it turn to liquid and run off the pad?

I know they have another design that is made of quartz and it is kinda shaped like a little bowl rather than a flat surface. I bet that style would work better.

I wish I owned an oil rig!

Madcap
#6 Posted : 1/30/2011 7:23:00 PM

illudium Q-36

A long metal tool just like a dental scraper with a little "coke spoon" on the end would probably work alright.

Actually.... it seems like a pretty good device for spice. I like the idea of a really complicated, ornate launch device. Something you need to setup and put through a heating stage before going through. I feel it would add a level of ritual.

What about the temp being too high? Could your spice be destroyed? I guess you could use a laser thermometer to see how hot the plate is. I bet after a few times you would learn how long to heat the plate for spice. With budder, I believe you are just going for HOT AS HELL.

Damn thing is cool looking like from the professors workshop in hyperspace...where he works on the anticipation reaktor.Surprised
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

SHroomtroll
#7 Posted : 1/30/2011 7:52:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That last one is obviously made for dmt anyway Very happy

neverwas
#8 Posted : 1/30/2011 8:27:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How does that last one operate?
My name is love, for I am without fear

gibran2
#9 Posted : 1/30/2011 9:13:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

My guess is that DMT would vaporize very fast. If the hot plate was hot enough (in the video it seemed plenty hot) I think it would vaporize almost instantaneously, with most of the vapor billowing up and out before it can be inhaled. (Unless you’re already inhaling before adding the DMT?)

This would be easy enough to test – just get a suitable piece of metal, heat it up, dump some DMT onto it, and see what happens!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

RobMarley
#10 Posted : 1/30/2011 9:28:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Morbiddoctor wrote:
How does that last one operate?

With that style they wrap a small piece of Titanium with a steel spoke and make a swing arm with the steel spoke. The Titanium pad is heated with a torch until red-hot and then it is swung under the bowl.

Here is a video of that style in action...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vbpFYgBiPw

And now that I think of it, those quartz nails that I posted above might work as a decent dose-dumping-tool.

SHroomtroll
#11 Posted : 1/30/2011 9:29:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder how it would be hotboxing a sauna with a few grams of spice Razz

It´s basicly the same idea but you put 10 people in there and just throw some dmt on the hot rocks.

neverwas
#12 Posted : 1/31/2011 1:19:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's pretty cool! I've never seen one before. I might pick one up out of curiosity someday.

Regarding the 'coke spoon' idea. I think it might work. Might have to lower the skillet some to get it in there without burning. I'd imagine the heat would do the rest, no need to dump. Might be a little messy though. Perhaps putting a dip into the skillet would help?

I found a pretty awesome place for microspoons a while back. I got 6 for like $12. It took a little while to find the perfect ones but they had them. The width of the spoon is perfect for dipping into my vial without touching the sides, a problem I had with my last spoon. The spoon surface can hold about 100mg of fluffy white DMT easily. I can post a link if anyone is interested.
My name is love, for I am without fear

Rollenberg
#13 Posted : 2/8/2011 6:49:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

and everyone bitches about oil burners....

this is the same exact concept, just taken to a complexity that is unnesesary except for novelty purposes.

I mean, the one that has a hot plate that you heat up with a torch... come on.... whats the general consensus around here ? no candles, soldering irons, heatguns, hotplates, or stovetops for smoking DMT...

The electric one I could see being worthwhile, it just seems like a glorified vaporizer though.

Ill stick with my 5 dollar oil burner until someone can point out some benefit from this device, that I must be overlooking, that is convincing.
"Every facet, every compartment of your mind is to be programmed by you; if you don’t take the responsibility to program your own mind, the world will program it for you."

landfishd
#14 Posted : 2/8/2011 7:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This cannot be compared to a 5$ incense burner, that is silly. They aren't even the same concept at all!

I own one and it works amazingly well, that is for BHO. I have yet to try it for DMT because I own a gvg and I am kind of scared about burning it and getting a lungfull of nasty DMT smoke. I will try it one day and report my findings.

The trick with the device is to heat it till glowing red and then letting it cool down for a moment, and like gilbran said you have to start inhaling before you drop your substance on the titanium or you will lose most, if not all the vapor. The reason this piece is so great is because whatever you drop on the TI piece will instantly vaporize and you get your dose in one big dense vapor hit. I've taken stupidly huge hits of BHO with it and it can be dangerous. The expansion you experience in your lungs can be painful if you try too much.

RobMarley
#15 Posted : 2/9/2011 6:18:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is another style "Oil Rig" made with a quartz dish rather than a flat pad. I think this style would work best because the edges of the dish would catch any run-off liquid once the DMT melts.

landfishd
#16 Posted : 2/9/2011 6:39:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow that looks really nice! Where did you find that one? I have my money though on the ti pad tasting better, and lasting longer. There is a problem with your substance sliding off, but only when its bran new. Once the pad gets used a few times it gets seasoned I guess.. you still have to be careful that it is not tilted too much because it will slide off if your holding it at an sharp angle. Again I speak only from BHO experience.

RobMarley
#17 Posted : 2/9/2011 8:45:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

landfishd wrote:
Wow that looks really nice! Where did you find that one?

http://www.headyglass.co...ge_id=86&category=70

And they also have a Ti nail with a cup style head for the dome style if you prefer Titanium.

mattritt
#18 Posted : 2/10/2011 5:11:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You guys should check out glass nails with the bulb around it. Don't really feel like finding a link but search "glass nail" for hash oil.

And Rob that last one you posted is SICK!! I wanna get one of those.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

tigerarmy
#19 Posted : 3/4/2011 4:15:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a few oil rigs and have been wanting to try it but haven't yet. I was thinking about trying 25mg or so on some type of scoop. I might experiment with heating the titanium to different temperatures and seeing how it reacts. I'll be sure to report back if I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9YHQjmsB0Y

tigerarmy
#20 Posted : 3/4/2011 7:45:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I tested out how it would burn with an old piece of grade 2 titanium I have. I tried heating the titanium to around the same temperature as when I smoke oil and it seemed to work pretty well. When I dumped the dmt on the hot titanium more than three quarters of it vaporized instantly, the rest of it gathered together into a ball and rolled around until it was gone. I also tried it with the titanium little cooler but it just ran and didn't fully burn. This was with about 10mg, I wasn't actually smoking it just observing how it would work. I smelled the smoke and it didn't smell burnt or anything. Now I just have to figure out something good to scoop with and give this a shot with 25mg or so. Also It left absolutely no residue on the titanium, I dropped it on a clean piece just to check it out.

12NEXT