We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Anyone care to confirm my reishi harvest? Options

Felnik
#21 Posted : 1/29/2011 9:52:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here are a couple pict of some reishi mushrooms in my favorite woods. They are beautiful when at they're peak.

I've found the trick to harvesting them is to chop them up while they are fresh. Once they dry they are hard as a rock and difficult to work with.
I use an electric food processor type thing to chop them up into tiny pieces. After chopped while fresh lay it out on a cookie sheet with a fan blowing on them or put them in oven set on warm for a bit. They will smell super strong this way so beware. Once dry there is no real odor unless you stick your face in it.
I store it in mason jars . You can use the chopped reishi to make tea or tinctures . It very potent stuff.
Felnik attached the following image(s):
reishi 2.jpg (218kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
reishi 1.jpg (199kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PREV12