We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Feeling alone, socially, need advice. Options

AwarenessCosmic
#1 Posted : 1/28/2011 5:26:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Through spice & other awakening experiences, I feel like I am drifting away, or just growing out of my old friends & lifestyle.

I have recently become aware of my bad habits. I don't want to eat unhealthy, drink alcohol, smoke, or even go to parties where my friends are doing those things. I feel more connected to everyone & truly love them however I feel like I shouldn't expose myself to those types of behaviors and influences.

Everyone I know is reflection of my old self. I don't have friends that don't go out and get wasted. For the first time in my life, I want to take care of my body & I even want to learn about things.

All they care about is getting laid & getting wasted. I feel there is so much more in life to explore. I have known most of these people for several years & one of them since 1st grade. I can't seem to relate to anyone anymore because my perception has expanded and I can't continue with these mindless actions.

Now I feel alone. Nothing is wrong with having fun, I just feel it is time for change. I'm jaded in the party scene. Life is so beautiful. After my spice trip, it is safe to say I have regained my spark in life. I want to follow my dreams once again. I am afraid to let go of my old friends, they are starting not to like me because I don't even want to go out with them.

I feel the only people I can relate to are here in the DMT-NEXUS! however it is only virtual, I am grateful though...

Advice?
Has this happen to you or someone you know?

thanks
It is what it is

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ellis D'Empty
#2 Posted : 1/28/2011 5:47:50 AM

Snirfneblin

I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm a "social outcast", my thoughts and ideas declare me "socially insane" and I can't fathom how people can live their lives mundanely whilst at the same time knowingly destroy all that we have... I turn inside, to expand my knowledge, to learn more about whatever I can. It's hard, but you'll find people like you in life... just be patient, continue to expand your consciousness and be grateful that you've come to this mindset instead of that of those "friends".
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Orion
#3 Posted : 1/28/2011 5:48:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't be making it up to console you if I said you are not alone. I too have experienced the same thing. I'd say I'm relatively new to psychedelics, and have tried many a time to mesh my new attitude with my old life, but it just seems as though things must change.

Going out and getting wasted was a pass time, money spent on useless experiences which teach you the same thing. Again and again. My attitude towards life was always in flux, but now it has steered rapidly in a new direction.

Hang in there, remove that which hinders you, even if your 'old mind' fights for it. Big changes always feel like a painful dilemma, and can leave you confused as hell! But do what YOU want to do, it's the only way. You sound like you have had a taste of new waters, now go swimming.

YOU are right. Enjoy the ride.

Peace,

Orion
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

AwarenessCosmic
#4 Posted : 1/28/2011 5:50:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks, I needed that reassurance, at least someone understands what I'm going through!
It is what it is

universecannon
#5 Posted : 1/28/2011 6:06:30 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Sounds like a VERY familiar story

I was in the same boat about a year ago actually. Many of my old friends are only interested in getting fucked up, laid, and being whatever the new "cool" is.. and portraying the typical "i love college" (that horrible song) attitude perfectly..that mindless drone-like behavior and thinking that our society seems to so efficiently plant in our youth's brains at an early age .. And they wonder why id always leave when they'd turn the tv and start watching "the real world" Razz

Theres nothing wrong with breaking the cycle..its good for you! Find new friends.. like-minded people are out there, as hard as that can be to believe at times! And if you dont find any right away, dont sweat it. Some solitude can build a hearty soul when your stuck hiding behind enemy lines. Try new things. You can change your reality-tunnel like you change a tv station. Eat healthy, change your relationships, do what you feel is right for YOU, not what you think others would like more to see you do

and dont be ashamed about old friends who don't like you for wanting to better yourself.. If they can't be happy for you and see that your trying to change your life for the better, than that just brings out what kind of shallow relationships they really have with their friends. Don't hold anything against them, but dont let it get to you at all. People are inherently silly anyways

And if you dont want to cut ties completely to some, you dont have to..just do what you need to do and your TRUE friends will remain no matter what while the fake ones whither away. I still have a few very close non-psychedelic friends who aren't much different from yours at times im sure. we have a lot of fun smoking and just doing things together, as we have since kindergarten. they are still good people and atleast dimly understand why i do psychedelics, even though they aren't that into them themselves. they get why i rarely hang out with them because im off doing odd things, so im glad i didn't have to cut the ties completely. Others, however, i dont see anymore, for reasons you can guess

I went through a long period of isolation once i got sick of all the parties and bullshit and did my own thing. i had fun with it and for once in my life did only what i wanted to do, and guess what, i grew more mentally/spiritually/physically healthy than ever. it changed me completely.. And, soon enough, i connected with others who'd dropped out of the cultural norms and were creating their own realities as well.

If your ever feeling lonely or want to talk, just pop into the nexuschat :]..plenty of psychedelic entertainment/knowledge and like-minded friends in there!

Keep on keeepin on brother

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Eden
#6 Posted : 1/28/2011 8:13:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

UniverseCannon wrote:
Sounds like a VERY familiar story

That it does. Many here seem to have gone through the same difficulties.

The new lifestyle that almost invariably stems from these reality-bending experiences can be extremely isolating, but taking a victim mindset can easily potentiate the frustration. UniverseCannon, great post with a lot of good advice. Smile

In the end, you can either continue on your own path, testing the borders of the unknown, or succumb to the fear and anxiety that leads back to mindless activity. There really is no going back though, not completely. There are some things you can't forget.
Ignorance may be bliss, but so are a lot of other things.

Much love and support.
The nexus is a great for respite for hermits, but there are awake people amidst the zombies out there, if you have the courage to push past your comfort zones and find them. Live with compassion in every action and some of those zombies may themselves wake up.

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 1/28/2011 8:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a natural side effect of using psychedelics, at least IMO. They motivate and inspire great personal growth and change, and if those closest to you don't share in these experiences, you inevitably grow apart. I've been going through it, as I know many others here have. I don't really have any advice for you, because I'm still dealing with it myself. All the friends I used to have partied and fucked chicks. That was pretty much the end all, be all of their existence. The nexus is usually the only real "socializing" I do on a daily basis. I've always been a private person, very independent and solitary. Bordering on anti-social. So it's especially hard for me to make new friends. It also seems hard to find people who are also interested in psychedelics to the level that I am (at least locally).

Guess we're in the same boat brother. Very happy Where abouts do you live? Very happy

Lavos
#8 Posted : 1/28/2011 8:50:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Telling posts here. Obviously this happens to many of us. Before I was even on the psychedlic boat, my mind was priming for it, got absolutely sick and tired of repetitive crime/drama/humor shows. I was crashing with a friend and every time we resorted back to TV, no matter the hour, I had to jet. Just start walking. I'm more distant from the people I might have expected to be close to, but I'm so much more close to strangers now.

For me, it's hard to be interested in news and what celebrity found out what about their life. I come home with a handful of herbs, or bag of mushrooms, and everyone pays it hardly any mind. First it drives me crazy, then it fucking propels me. Get as weird as I can comfortably get, and the more weird I try, the more weird I like.

Read, fancy, be active. You'll be great man.

And for the record, I now have no friends other than some endearing family members. Yeah, it was all about acting like they knew everything and had life under wraps, just needed some more green back. Drinks and girls. I wonder if we haven't been deceived into a sub-hell here. Temptations for weakness abound, the spider webs catch too many.

Just remember, with the inspiring power of psychedelics, any stranger can be seen as that friend.

People are inherently silly always, that's a good one UC Wink
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

Eden
#9 Posted : 1/28/2011 9:01:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lavos wrote:
Get as weird as I can comfortably get, and the more weird I try, the more weird I like.

Words to live by. Smile

zonedn2it
#10 Posted : 1/28/2011 4:16:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it takes effort, and maybe going outside your comfort zone to expand your friendship horizons. volunteer somewhere in tune with your philosophy. try meetup.com for your interests. check out the "spirituality? section of the bookstore (but be careful, there is a lot of bleh out there). sounds a lil bland i know, but that's what led me out of where you seem to be (quite literally from the sound of it), into a very very happy state... sober. just my 2 cents.
good luck, and if you have some time, let me know how it goes Smile
"Words reduce reality to something the human mind can grasp, which isn’t very much. Language consists of five basic sounds produced by the vocal cords. They are the vowels a, e, i, o, u. The other sounds are consonants produced by air pressure: s, f, g, and so forth. Do you believe some combination of such basic sounds could ever explain who you are, or the ultimate purpose of the universe, or even what a tree or stone is in its depth?"

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not “the thinker.” The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence."

"The brain does not create consciousness, but conciousness created the brain, the most complex physical form on earth, for its expression."

- Eckhart Tolle

AwarenessCosmic
#11 Posted : 1/28/2011 4:49:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for all the replies everyone, I needed that advice and will definitely take it.

I thought i was doing something wrong and attracting my old friends to drift apart from me, however now I feel that the universe or whatever you want to call it, is making room for something, perhaps bigger & better in my life!
It is what it is

Xt
#12 Posted : 1/28/2011 7:34:47 PM

I can totally relate to this.

I grew up in one town for many many years before flying from the nest. Towards the last few years there i got into the whole tripping thing, only none of my friends would hear about it. They shunned me because of my psychedelic use thinking that it was the atypical spiral descent into chaos that many people experience with drugs and depression.

Their fears were a misconception of what was happening. Psychedelics helped me to break free and become intimately aware if the issues that caused me to become very depressed. It was a chaotic time, i was homeless but happy and healthy. I nearly stopped seeing my friends all together. I could simply not relate to any of them. I found solace in a new crowed but it became obvious that this new was destructive, hypocritical and who's sole aim was to consume drugs as much and as often as possible.

While i was reveling in my new found joy seeing people dance and laugh at various festivals and discovering dancing, loving, singing, making art and being free....
Something else happened.
I could no longer relate at all to my old friends, my new friends... and to an extent i felt disillusioned with the hypocrisy and narrow sightedness i found in the festival community, although most of it was wonderful.
I moved to a new place, semi perma-fried brain and no money. It got to a point where i started feeling depressed again but this time i could see it happening.

Eventually i took things from each of the extremes, blended them together and re-established friendships with a new perspective gained from my ventures into the fringe. While taking some of the critical quality's from some of my straight friends.

To be honest, the thing that saved me from this was myself. You really have to work at it. Going out when your would normally stay indoors. Push the envelope.
Ask for peoples numbers casually and informally arrange to be at events, gigs, shows or anything.

Try and be open in every moment, you might meet your best friend in a pool or at a vending machine.
Just work at it, keep your chin up and stay strong and positive. You natural quality's shine through best when you are relaxed and calm. So try to cultivate mind-fullness, and don't get too crazy. Your a wonderful person and what your going through is not anything to do with faults in your persona. Its perfectly normal to find yourself here.

The other thing i wanted to say, try not to push yourself away from the old crowds. There will be things you can relate to them about even still.
Recently my old friends have accepted me back, through their own choices. They came to understand why i tripped and that it was no bad thing.
In fact the one guy i missed the most has since tripped with me. The main thing is that i can hang with them and i don't have to smoke or eat bad when I am with them or take on any thing i disagree with. In fact its an opportunity to spread some positive vibes into the people you love the most. Throw some dietary advice, or stand up for a women when your friends are being sexist... you know just like always.

Your friends will always be there for you. Sometimes it takes something to happen to be able to cut through all the BS.
Its like you outgrow them, then you realize your being an elitist and your humble side takes over and gives you a clearer perspective, and when you go back people realize you were on one of these subjective paths that life throws us onto.

You may even find things have been changing for friends at a rate also but you may not have had a chance to discuss.

Things are always blossoming. It doesn't stop.
Try and stay humble, positive and open on all levels. You don't have to think act and be like the people your chilling with. Just chilling and interacting, conversing this stuff is enough. The love shines through even if your different.
Enjoy your new perspectives but stay humble.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

joedirt
#13 Posted : 1/28/2011 8:54:59 PM

Not I

The more aware you become the more distant you will feel from others.

Try to find some way to focus on the good in the world. try to magnify the good as opposed to fighting the bad... I should take that advice.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Lavos
#14 Posted : 1/28/2011 9:40:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Listen to xtechre, he's got a great persepctive

Like he said, remember to stay open. I was walking one day, and someone offered me a ride when I was close, about 1/4 mile from my destination. I told him no, I was okay, and he asked if I was sure, I told him I was and off he went.

Immediately I was disappointed in myself for turning down something like a possible friendship. I had a joint in my pocket of some fresh homegrown, he was about my age, looked the type, and I had few friends then, but I just blew his kindness off.

My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

kmartin80
#15 Posted : 1/28/2011 11:40:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had this happen several times in my life as well. When on sober kicks and when tripping. As long as I choose to be positive throughout, it has always led me to a better spot in life.

xtechre wrote:

Its like you outgrow them, then you realize your being an elitist and your humble side takes over and gives you a clearer perspective, and when you go back people realize you were on one of these subjective paths that life throws us onto.

This has happened to me so many times. I end up thinking that I'm suddenly better than someone and then about 6 months later I have to come back and ask for their forgiveness. Guess I'm bad at staying humble haha.

Best of luck, you'll make through and be all the better for it
이 사람은 진짜 사람 안입니다. 모든 포스트들 가짜 입니다.

Electric.Sight
#16 Posted : 1/29/2011 1:25:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, it's quite relieving to see this is somewhat a common experience surrounding DMT.
I can definitely relate, I slowly drifted away from my friends. I found my interests just clashed way too much with theirs and everytime I was out partying I was wishing I was somewhere else. It also became clearer to me the relationships weren't all that strong to begin with, I suppose it's a little different for everyone.

I think I was too young when I first opened that door, no one around me really knew a thing about psychedelics let alone DMT, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a difficult integration with not a soul to relate to.

I'm still at that in between stage where I haven't found many like-minded people in my area at all. But I rather enjoy solitude at the same time.
I've never been much of a social person even before drugs.

I want to thank you AwarenessCosmic for starting this thread as well as all who contributed, it really helps to know we aren't so alone after allSmile

I can't offer much advice as I'm still getting through this as well, but this has added to the recent positivity I'm hoping will stay for awhile.
Negative thinking patterns can really dig a deep hole as I'm learning.
Stay positive!Very happy
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

AwarenessCosmic
#17 Posted : 1/29/2011 2:37:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow a lot more people then I expected have gone through the same thing, I just wanted to say thanks again
It is what it is

Minus The H
#18 Posted : 1/29/2011 3:37:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel ya completely. With my recent travels, every thing just seems different. Nothing is as it was. Music feels and sounds more real than it ever have before. My friends seem very different to me. Its almost like I seem them for who the really are to me as if my thoughts were hidden before. I can see through the bullshit. I have been awakened and I'm not sure where to go from here. With all my recent enlightenment, it was recommended that I join this site to share my experiences and man has it helped so far. It feels amazing to finally find people who share the same thoughts as me. I don't have to stop talking to people bc they just don't get it or haven't experienced it. Those who have never dabbled in the hallucinogenic world have no idea what we are talking about let alone experience. But to all our fellow nexians, it seems like common grounds. Others telling others we've been there before and where this leads. I wish you the best of luck in your travels and soul exploration. I know I'm enjoying mine and look forward to whatever is to come Smile

No looking back, only moving forward...
Safe travels everyone!!!

Free yourself from yourself...

olympus mon
#19 Posted : 1/29/2011 5:22:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

your growing up. your evolving and its a beautiful process. humbly go twords that which feels more comfortable and when need be confidently shed that which anchors you.
bravely dare to be great.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

xebiche
#20 Posted : 1/29/2011 7:18:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You are in LA. LA is a DMT/Spiritual Mecca. I have ZERO people to speak with in Arizona (where I live). I will need to move to the west coast soon so I dont go insane. Look for good people at Agape in Culver City or on Los Angeles Meetup sites.
Honor The Game And It Will Honor You Back

123NEXT