We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First experience with psychodelics set for tomorrow night... Options

zonedn2it
#1 Posted : 1/27/2011 11:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bought some salvia today... still legal in Utah of all places. I'm up for any words of advice... much appreciated. I'm after the consciousness expanding type experience. 15x organic. Thanks.
"Words reduce reality to something the human mind can grasp, which isn’t very much. Language consists of five basic sounds produced by the vocal cords. They are the vowels a, e, i, o, u. The other sounds are consonants produced by air pressure: s, f, g, and so forth. Do you believe some combination of such basic sounds could ever explain who you are, or the ultimate purpose of the universe, or even what a tree or stone is in its depth?"

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not “the thinker.” The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence."

"The brain does not create consciousness, but conciousness created the brain, the most complex physical form on earth, for its expression."

- Eckhart Tolle

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gibran2
#2 Posted : 1/27/2011 11:35:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Read this.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Simplistic Randamonium
#3 Posted : 1/27/2011 11:55:37 PM

random root

just wondering what part of utah ur in...
the land from wence i came and oh so full of tweekers...
i lived in davis county, kaysville to be exact...

any ways i think salvia is totaly insane and not well suited for what im thinking your looking for...
unless unrelenting terror and confusion is what you want...

but....

some people absolutly LOVE salvia and dont go through the hell that almost everyone els dose.

my advice is:

1. focuse on what you are seeking, meditate on your intensions.
2. be with one person only, the person you trust most in the whole of existence, some one you absolutly trust with your life. ( not that you will be in danger ) this is your sitter, make sure they know how to deal with someone in ruff waters.
3. be in a dimly lit comfortable and SAFE environment. I.E.: bedroom, living room,...
4. unplug/turn off ALL PHONES!!! and make sure no one will desturb you.
5. use an ice cooled bong and hold your hit at least 20 sec.,
as you do this focuse on your intensions....
i think music can be helpful so long as it is calm and quite... like zen meditation tracks ect. this helps me get a sence of time back with my body while my soul and essence is away.
oh IMO closed eyes are the only way to go.
6. LAY DOWN! dont sit. that wont cut it, this is my PERSONAL opinion but i say trust me on this one.
remember you will come back and there are so many who are excitedly waiting for you to join them in flowing through the cosmic vibration.

good luck and safe journys

S.R.
if u made it this far you are a champ, and although we may never meet you are also my friend.
S.R.

blue lunar night
#4 Posted : 1/28/2011 12:00:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes do read gibran2's link...

And be aware that while Salvia is certainly an incredibly powerful & visionary teacher plant, it is also very different from what people typically refer to as a "psychedelic" experience. Salvia is just kind of in its own league Shocked

Also be aware that smoking Salvia extract is well-known to produce ferociously intense experiences, so do exercise patience and caution. Honestly I think Salvia extract is perhaps not the best introduction to these spaces, but you certainly won't be the first to kickstart your career of consciousness-expansion in that way...

If possible try to have a mature, non-intrusive sitter. Most people achieve the best results with Salvia in a context of darkness, silence, and stillness.

blessings!
Surprised

Lavos
#5 Posted : 1/28/2011 12:38:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, you got the power. Salvia is very potent and quite capable of introducing you to alternate realities. Relax, but take it very seriously. It does not treat people well who are just looking to kick off the fireworks. Though it could.

I'd suggest starting small, until you reach sub-breakthrough levels. I've been smoking leaf all week, rekindling my relationship after a big scare. It happens, but I'm the better for it I think.

Light music can be very very enjoyable. I had some playing my second trip, that was really beautiful. My last, an overdose, the music was dubstep and hit a repetitive spot that really dug into me.

Don't worry, have a friend close by, hit it hard and hold it long. Blast off amigo!

See ya on the other side. Wink
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

zonedn2it
#6 Posted : 1/28/2011 3:51:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

simplistic... just outside slc. spent a year in fruit heights when i was a junior in high school so, went to davis high, so, more than familiar with kaysville obviously... grew up in clearfield.

ya on the tweekers. utah leads the nation on antidepressants per capita. pill popper mecca. aint stifling dogmatic religion grand?

how did you like it? pm for more?
"Words reduce reality to something the human mind can grasp, which isn’t very much. Language consists of five basic sounds produced by the vocal cords. They are the vowels a, e, i, o, u. The other sounds are consonants produced by air pressure: s, f, g, and so forth. Do you believe some combination of such basic sounds could ever explain who you are, or the ultimate purpose of the universe, or even what a tree or stone is in its depth?"

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not “the thinker.” The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence."

"The brain does not create consciousness, but conciousness created the brain, the most complex physical form on earth, for its expression."

- Eckhart Tolle

Lucent
#7 Posted : 2/8/2011 8:39:45 AM

White

zonedn2it wrote:
simplistic... just outside slc. spent a year in fruit heights when i was a junior in high school so, went to davis high, so, more than familiar with kaysville obviously... grew up in clearfield.

ya on the tweekers. utah leads the nation on antidepressants per capita. pill popper mecca. aint stifling dogmatic religion grand?

how did you like it? pm for more?

Do not let salvia scare you away from psychedelics altogether. Salvia is VERY different from LSD, mescaline, psilocybin, LSA, etc.

Also, we'd love to hear back from you! Smile

Lucent
#8 Posted : 2/8/2011 3:37:29 PM

White

FastFourierT wrote:
Consider it rolling a dice and start LOW. SWIM is convinced Salvia may very well be less dependent on set and settings than other psychedelics, and may be more affected by personal bio/neuro-chemistry.

SWIMs experiences are hilarious. When he comes out he laughs loud, in a beastly matter. And laugh is very genuine. For him Salvia is a male presence, A TRICKSTER or JESTER of some sort, very light hearted. Where tryptamines must be approached in a very serious, almost zen-monk attitude, Salvia is "for teh lulz". First time he tried it he was sitting on a matress ripping the bong, approximately 4 hours after drinking ayahuasca analogue. As soon as he exhaled keeping the eyes open the edge of the matress folded(or rolled onto itself, like you would roll a sleeping bag) and for no more than 3 seconds he was utterly convinced that his matress was the only thing that belong to the real world, and if he reached beyond the matress he will go to another dimension. That realisation made him laugh very loud yelling "Salvia BRO !!"for minutes. This little prankster just came out played a huge joke on him. Did he really just convince SWIM this easily ? SWIM takes psychedelics very seriously and was surprised how light and genuinely funny this felt. VERY MUCH UNLIKE any psychedelic he took. SWIM notes that every consequent trip with salvia, done in different psysical and mental settings give continuation of the same story. The same presence is felt, but it goes on like plot-based television series.

SWIMs friend feels nothing from it, other gets rather fucked up experiences. Point being is go ahead do try it, find your "perfect" amount, but dont let that deter you from further experimentation with different compounds if experience turns out to be unpleasant.

this is exactly the feeling I get on salvia, it's less HILARIOUS though and more frightening at times.. For some reason I forget I just took a drug and it all gets so confusing and i feel like somebody is playing with my mind