We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pharmahuasca, semi-successful - advice wanted Options

Wave Rider
#1 Posted : 1/27/2011 7:43:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This was my first pharma attempt as opposed to analog-ahuasca (Rue + Mimosa) from which I have had great success. It was semi-successful, just wish it were a little stronger/more intense. I really don't want to go back to drinking foul tasting liquid but I will if I can't achieve a greater degree of success with pharma. Your thoughts are appreciated. My pharma was prepared as follows:

Boil 7g Rue (Don't worry, it's not all intended for me). No acid was added to water. Seeds were boiled a total of three times, keeping the liquid and discarding the seeds at the end.

Liquid was then boiled down to a manageable amount (approx 3 fl oz.)

The manageable amount of rue liquid was then put into an evaporating dish (in this case a casserole baking dish)

Liquid was evaporated using a cheap space heater, blowing warm air over the liquid overnight.

Woke up to a crusty film (as expected) which was scraped up with a razor. There were little sparklies from the harmalas in a brown powder after all was scraped. Approx half the volume of the seeds. Enough to fill 3 size OO gelcaps.

Half the brown powder with sparklies in it was then put into gelcaps and down the hatch.

30 min. later I put a little FB on the end of a butter knife and licked it off (twice). Didn't weigh it but I estimate that it was around 25mg all together.

Waited 30 more minutes - very slight effects. Put approx 50mg FB in some fresh squeezed orange juice.

Waited 30 more minutes - the very slight effects became slight effects.

I then proceeded to take another Rue-powder gelcap and also prepared a FB gelcap with approx 60mg FB.

Waited 30 more minutes - popped the FB

Approx 20 min later - aahhhh there it is.

Effects were not intense as I would like them to be. Waited 15 min. while watching the pretty little visuals just to see if they would get stronger/more intense. Instead, they seemed to diminish.

I was coherent and physically able enough to get up from my safe spot and prepare another dose. Proof enough to me that effects were weak. Everything was "wavy" and sounds were crystal clear, slight tracers. prepared approx 50mg FB in some fresh squeezed OJ.

After re-dose; laid back down and waited. CE-Visuals became more clear, sharp, defined and pretty. It was nice but not as deep, profound or as intense as I would like. OEVs were wavy with some patterns made from spice light. Definite head vibrations/energy from the front of my skull. I just couldn't go deeper.

My usual liquid analog-ahuasca OEVs would have had me seeing intense yellow-laser outlines on everything with complex geometrical snowflakes appearing through ordinary objects - so on and so forth. I can breakthrough with the analog as soon as I lay down and quit thinking, open or closed eye. I can come back to earth space in between waves long enough to take a piss and get a drink or whatever. This is where I like to be. Also, Pharma seems to have a shorter duration than analog, but maybe this is just my perception or maybe I didn't do it right. The "light-magic" seemed to wear off after about an hour. Is this due to not being fully MAOIed? By the way, I am a pretty big dude @ 6'2", 250 lbs. Maybe I didn't dose high enough on the Rue or the FB. If you add up all of my doses, it seems to be pretty high though (25+50+50+60=185mg). Maybe I over estimated, but even still, it was easily 125mg any way you look at it. This is what leads me to believe that I was not fully MAOIed. Maybe I should extract harmalas to crystal form, but I really don't care to do so, as I really don't get too nauseated at that dose (<5g rue). It's just extra work to me. Plus, the purge isn't that bad anyway if I happen to get nauseated.

Many thanks to subsequent professional opinions on how I can improve this preparation method for greater effects.

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/27/2011 9:31:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First: NEVER consume freebase dmt orally without weighing. While you may think it looks like a certain amount, dmt can vary in density by at least 3 times, so you can have a very strong unwanted experience suddenly and freak out.

Also, using capsules to consume is inneficient. If you do so, then cut one end of the capsules open, and maybe follow with a warm liquid (tea?) to help dissolving/absorving better. Otherwise, rather drink the reduced rue tea, or as I preffer, extract (check wiki for harmala extraction guide).

Once you do this, start with (measured) 50mg of dmt either dissolved together with the harmalas or 15 mins after, followed by a bit of bread and butter (which seems to make digestion/absorption faster, just dont eat much). Once you get this done, you'll see how the dosage works for you. Then next times increase dmt dosage if you dont feel much. But this "taking a bit, after some mins taking some more, then some more" is not a good idea, you'll have a hard time knowing your preffered dosage like this.

If I may ask, how are your eating habits? Its possible some people that eat a lot of industrialized food and aged cheese may have more MAO and therefore need more MAOI. Or maybe you being a big guy may have to do. Another idea you can try is first taking only rue (extracted/tea/whatever) and find the dosage where you can feel the harmalas by themselves (slight tracers/changed vision, peculiar head-space, bit of loss of balance), without being overwelming. Once you find this dosage, then you add the dmt to it next time.

Another possibility is that you are one of these people (like me) that need a lot of dmt orally to have effects in pharma, for some reason. I need 200mg for decent effects while some people might need 50mg with same ingestion method, but funnily enough when it comes to ayahuasca I dont need more than others. But before you try a more reliable ingestion method and upping the dose gradually, I would advice against going very high with the dosage.

Good luck

Wave Rider
#3 Posted : 1/27/2011 11:13:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Endlessness,

I've weighed this particular brand of FB before, so I know what 100mg..50mg..25mg of this exact same stuff looks like. So, I suppose it was an educated guess more than a complete shot in the dark. You have sound advice nevertheless.

I will try poking holes in the capsules followed by warm liquid. Good idea. I've always high dosed on Rue when I do my analog-ahuasca, so I really don't know what a "normal" threshold dose feels like. I guess I will go back to high dosing (6-8g), as there have been no ill-effects yet, besides nausea which I don't mind.

Eating habits? - suck, 'nuff said. That's why I am 6'2", 250 instead of 6'2", 205 lbs. as considered a healthy weight by the surgeon general. Not as big as Buddha yet though. Maybe I will achieve enlightenment through fat. Laughing

Again, sound advice, but I think I will be stubborn and go with 6-8g Rue (because this is what I am familiar with) and 100-150 mg of spice because I want to go deep. I may even need more. I might also just say fuck it and stick with the death liquid. I, too, only need a little bit of MHRB tea for nice effects when fully MAOIed. I really wish I could fine tune the gelcap method though. Working on it.

I find it difficult to breakthrough when vaping. It's probably the method, but I will take a break from it until I can obtain a vapor genie (or try one out). I feel I have to smoke sooo much and it last for sooo short, that it just isn't worth it for me. Everything happens so fast that it is difficult for me to take anything "home" with me. When I do manage to get a good dose it is awesome, but lately it seems to be the exception rather than the norm. This is why I am sticking with oral ingestion methods for a while. Or maybe a combo.

Thanks again - peace

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson