We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
B. Caapi Alkaloid Content? Options

lorentz5
#1 Posted : 1/27/2011 4:10:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From Erowid, I read
Quote:
# harmine in dried cultivated stem at levels ranging from 0.057-0.64% [0.39% average of 6 samples];
# harmaline at levels of 0.05 to 0.38% [averaging 0.19%] (but said to be absent from some other samples) and

I'm ignoring other alkaloids, I know.

SWIM likes to take his harmine to harmaline in a w/w ratio of 10:3 with 30-40mg DMT. This works. Here, the alkaloid ratio appears to be 2:1. He has always used 100mg harmine/30mg harmaline for pharma. Now, if one were to do an extraction on caapi without separating out the harmine/harmaline from each other...

Now, he has read of people taking 200-300mg of their caapi extractions. Based on this info, 150g harmala-containg powder extracting from caapi would be 100g harmine, 50g harmaline, (ratio of 2:1) close to the aforementioned dose.

Is this sound logic? Will the 150g harmalas be an adequete substitute for the 100mg harmine/30mg harmaline combo?
I am here
(1) For increased personal power, intellectual understanding, sharpened insight into self and culture, improvement of life situation, accelerated learning, professional growth.
(2) For duty, help of others, providing care, rehabilitation, rebirth for fellow men.
(3) For fun, sensuous enjoyment, aesthetic pleasure, interpersonal closeness, pure experience.
(4) For transcendence, liberation from ego and space-time limits; attainment of mystical union.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.