We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
2012 or 2013? Options

DoctorMantus
#1 Posted : 1/25/2011 12:06:50 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

So just curious to hear others opinions on what they think about 2012 im sure there have been post about thoughts on 2012 but do you think whatever is to happen will happen in 2012 or 2013 or do you think nothing will happen?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 1/25/2011 12:19:20 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I think just the usual stuff will happen in 2012 that normally happens in a year. Only a few groups or people who think the end is near will make some nice news headlines I guess.

Then 2013 will come and again the usual stuff will happen in 2013 but probably with less "end of times" headlines.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 1/25/2011 12:25:30 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

In 2012 evidence will be provided that Mayans had demonstrated that dmt is produced in the pineal gland.

Other than that, the usual will happen as the Traveler said.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 1/25/2011 12:36:49 PM

The Traveler wrote:
I think just the usual stuff will happen in 2012 that normally happens in a year. Only a few groups or people who think the end is near will make some nice news headlines I guess.

Then 2013 will come and again the usual stuff will happen in 2013 but probably with less "end of times" headlines.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

yes i can say that sounds about right i feel the whole hype of 2012 well make a lot people freak out maybe do stupid reckless things maybe even take themselves out at least the week ones will then when 2013 rolls around the hype well be over the realization of nothing happening i think will definitely make a lot change i mean i can only hope but i also have this idea that if our society is not going were it should be then aliens or higher beings "god" whatever you believe in will eliminate our whole species so basically to put it in a simple way it would basically say that we f-up
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

Lodi
#5 Posted : 1/25/2011 6:52:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well on 12-21-12, the mayan calendar ends, thus people think the world is gonna end, but I read that all the ending of the calendar really means is something big is gonna happen, most of anything els is just speculation. What does that mean though? it could maybe, instead of the world ending, mean that maybe it signifies a time of great change amongst the people of the earth, be it a "thinning" of the population through disease or what not. or maybe it means the time when we finally decided to start taking care of the earth, and eachother, and in thousands of years when we colonize new planets people would look back, and say that was the year, or the time, or the day, when our ancestors made the change that saved civilization.
just food for thought. i personally dont think anything is going to happen.
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

Dr_Sister
#6 Posted : 1/25/2011 8:19:40 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Sister is with Lodi on this one, but plans on being with her family that solstice just in case it represents more than a shift in consciousness.

Wave Rider
#7 Posted : 1/25/2011 8:35:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My opinion on 12-21-12 is that I will consume a large amount of psychedelics and run naked through the streets, shouting obscenities and doomsday prophesies, while blaming the nostradamus, the maya and dmt nexus for my state of psychosis. The cops will come, a high speed chase will ensue, followed by waking up in jail on 12-22-12 only to find that nothing big happened and I am in deep shit. It is inevitable. I fear that day. Wink

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

universecannon
#8 Posted : 1/25/2011 8:53:19 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I don't know if an awakening will/is for sure happening, if we are all going to die, or if jesus, the eschaton, and barney will all show up and hand out free biscuits...

but i'm pretty sure that its a well established astronomical fact that on 12/21/12 the earth and sun line up with the galactic center.. and that these celestial cycles are what the maya were mapping, since they saw the galactic center as our cosmic mother and birth place and thus held this time as one of great importance, as the shifting into the next age. This fact seems, more often than not, to get lost among all of the shaky new age theories about it all

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

DoctorMantus
#9 Posted : 1/25/2011 9:07:02 PM

Lodi wrote:
Well on 12-21-12, the mayan calendar ends, thus people think the world is gonna end, but I read that all the ending of the calendar really means is something big is gonna happen, most of anything els is just speculation. What does that mean though? it could maybe, instead of the world ending, mean that maybe it signifies a time of great change amongst the people of the earth, be it a "thinning" of the population through disease or what not. or maybe it means the time when we finally decided to start taking care of the earth, and eachother, and in thousands of years when we colonize new planets people would look back, and say that was the year, or the time, or the day, when our ancestors made the change that saved civilization.
just food for thought. i personally dont think anything is going to happen.

Very well put couldnt agree with more
— Terence McKenna

clouds
#10 Posted : 1/25/2011 9:32:51 PM

Human

Infundibulum wrote:
In 2012 evidence will be provided that Mayans had demonstrated that dmt is produced in the pineal gland.

hahaha lol

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 1/25/2011 9:44:06 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Infundibulum wrote:

Hmm, if they are wrong with that then 2012 will be a calculation error for sure too. Razz

Kind regards,

The Traveler

DoctorMantus
#12 Posted : 1/25/2011 9:47:13 PM

clouds wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

hahaha lol

haha maybe we will be finally shown this truth.
— Terence McKenna

FiorSirtheoir
#13 Posted : 1/25/2011 10:34:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2012 maybe a possibility. The thing about it is, is that it is more than just the Mayan calender, you also have The Hopi Prophecies, I-Ching, Vedas, and a few other. Now granted I don't believe it the end of anything other than perhaps an aeon. A few odd things have been occurring here of late in the world, on January 16th there was significant world wide seismic activity all, also the magnetic poles have shifted significantly enough since October that airports are having to be given new numerical designation, and the most significant is the sun rose 2 days early in Greenland.

I am not into the whole fear mongering thing so I am not inclined to panic or to incite it. The truth probably is that most people could handle the truth of what is to come, if anything. In my own experience there are just to many things 'coming together', maybe it is just me. Time will tell, wont it.
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

I am.
#14 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:11:19 PM

I AM

not sure i play into the whole specific date thing but i do feel something major has to be near. just looking at the state of the world. all this drama and potential wars. crazy weather. countries going broke and a global financial hiccup that threatens the livelyhood of even powerful nations. and that's just the "normal" shit that adds up (plus a lot of other things...6 mintues til midnight).

then let's take the head case side of it...everyone's stressed out and physically ailed from it. obviously not everyone in the world but a lot of my friends (and random people i talk to say) that they've been getting (and feeling) more and more stress in life. i'm sure we can all agree that life seems more stressful. rush rush rush...buy buy buy...consume consume consume...guilt guilt guilt...fear fear fear (fear is nothing new).

but when i look at my life, the lives of my close friends (with whom i have perosnal talks with) and society in general...there does seem to be some shift. granted, a chunk of this shift is defintiely my consciousness as i dive deeper and deeper into my head.

but the world does look kinda crazy right now. not an end-of the worlder (per se). not a fear pusher. just an observant person. perhaps a little too observant?

but why does everyone keep calling it "the end"? it's really the beginning...
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

Cosmic Rift
#15 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:59:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about you guys and gals, but I think 2012 will be significant. It wont be significant to my personal life or anything like that, but it's definitely important. It's when the Mayan calendar ends but people act like it's not a repeating cycle.

I think that it's very significant because the Mayans were smart and didn't go picking dates for no reason. This is when the Galactic Alignment will occur (the winter solstice aligns with the Galactic Equator). What this means for us, I don't know, but I'm sure ready to see what's in store for us if anything (which I doubt anything will happen). Razz
Anything said by this account, "Cosmic Rift", is complete and utter bullshit. In the event that it's not completely made up then it is a lie, exaggeration, or I am caught up in the act of role playing.

DoctorMantus
#16 Posted : 1/26/2011 12:07:13 AM

I am. wrote:
not sure i play into the whole specific date thing but i do feel something major has to be near. just looking at the state of the world. all this drama and potential wars. crazy weather. countries going broke and a global financial hiccup that threatens the livelyhood of even powerful nations. and that's just the "normal" shit that adds up (plus a lot of other things...6 mintues til midnight).

then let's take the head case side of it...everyone's stressed out and physically ailed from it. obviously not everyone in the world but a lot of my friends (and random people i talk to say) that they've been getting (and feeling) more and more stress in life. i'm sure we can all agree that life seems more stressful. rush rush rush...buy buy buy...consume consume consume...guilt guilt guilt...fear fear fear (fear is nothing new).

but when i look at my life, the lives of my close friends (with whom i have perosnal talks with) and society in general...there does seem to be some shift. granted, a chunk of this shift is defintiely my consciousness as i dive deeper and deeper into my head.

but the world does look kinda crazy right now. not an end-of the worlder (per se). not a fear pusher. just an observant person. perhaps a little too observant?

but why does everyone keep calling it "the end"? it's really the beginning...

Yes i agree on the part when you say more and more stress and constant rushing and buying which id have to say the economy is not getting cheaper but i feel a part of this is because as terence say our whole time line of life is on a repeating spiral that is tightening and all of history is compacting and when i say repeated whether you believe history repeats or not i believe that its repeating everyday just in a different form for i feel there are resinences from the past that is all programed in the psyche
— Terence McKenna

I am.
#17 Posted : 1/26/2011 1:37:18 AM

I AM

i'm an acid head...i know the loop...
everything that's ever gonna happen has already happened. we've already had this conversation. yup.

the universe is collapsing. the trip is folding up. time to put the monster back in the suitcase and go home...

jbark
#18 Posted : 1/26/2011 2:17:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Something significant WILL happen in 2012; it just remains to be seen if that significant something is more significant than the significant thing that will happen in 2011, and the ones that happened in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007... 1983..., 1968..., 1432..., 1331..., 989...

My point? That significant things happen all the time. And that people predisposed to lending special importance to the significant things that happen all the time will do so, without fail, in 2012, adjusting the claim to fit the instance, proclaiming the (alleged) mayan predictions were correct all along and citing the significant thing in question as evidence, a significant thing which could have happened at any other time and would have occurred at any rate in 2012, predictions notwithstanding.

So it is a pointless and frustrating argument; both sides feel they are correct before, and both shall arrange to have what they need to feel so after.

I am going to have a great year in 2012. But I plan to have a great year every year... 2012 will be bo exception.

I wish you all a great year too, regardless.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

I am.
#19 Posted : 1/26/2011 3:22:32 AM

I AM

2012 is way more interesting to talk about than actually believe. you're right jbark..."alleged mayan predictions". 2012 could just be another crawzy thought thrown out there to distract the masses. oh well...it's still pretty cool to talk about. geez...quit bringing your logic-schmogic into this playground! fun police... Smile

unclesyd
#20 Posted : 1/26/2011 4:32:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
when the Galactic Alignment will occur the winter solstice aligns with the Galactic Equator

This will not be an end, but a new beginning. The start of the age of aquarius if you will. This alignment will create the cosmic energies significant enough for the dreamer to awake in his own dream. A massive shift of consciousness creating a earth filled with enlightened and awake persons. All those who stand at the foot of the dreamer and deny him will perish, gobbled up from whence they came. Those that accept the dreamer will be awoken.

This world is bogged down with evil and sin penetrating the weak minds and souls of men. A paradise has turned to a dump, the dreamers most precious dream has been desecrated by the perversion of his own dream. So ultimately it is the creators fault, but an eternity gets boring and even the master dreamer sometimes has a nightmare. Only to wake up in his dream to stop his own doing.

A curse whence was cast, a cage once he was trapped, a maze he was lost. But the curse has been broken, the cage lock been picked, and path out of the maze was found.

What they tell me cant be lies, what they have shown me must be real, the knowledge I have gained must be truth.

P.S. He is very sorry for your suffering, things just got a little out of hand. But he shall make it right.
Cool Razz Rolling eyes Shocked Laughing Cool

Remember, if the women dont find you handsome.....they might as well find you handy.

12NEXT