We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Cannabis cross tolerance with tryptamines.. Options

deweeb
#21 Posted : 1/26/2011 6:52:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have found cannabis to be super helpful as an aid to slowing trips down . Cannabis is my time capsule , when taken orally in cap form it shifts the concept of time . With vaped dmt the experience is over before you know it . Mj works like a time machine and slows and prolongs the experience , making the "trip" positively altered . Changing entheogen dosage from the usual amount to what works best , is part of the admission to altered states for me. I have no objection with most combo's and cannabis seems to work with everything esp. salvinorin a .

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ljosalfar
#22 Posted : 1/26/2011 6:58:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you F E...
Very Well put. I have a similar relation with cannabis - I am much more selective about when I smoke, and I try to be specific about why I do - instead of wanting to get high, these days I find I take a toke to relax physically, to unfold some tight thinking, or take a new creative angle.
In clarity and light,
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

DMTripper
#23 Posted : 1/26/2011 11:40:30 AM

John Murdoch IV

fractal enchantment wrote:

I also do not prefer to smoke cannabis durring the afterglow of mushrooms or ayahuasca becasue I find it cancels out the postive life affirming effects that both seem to have for me on my system in the wake of the experience the following days..really I can do without cannabis on a regular basis. I love the clarity that comes after tryptamines and harmalas and I hate the fact that cannabis compromises that for me.

This is absolutely to the letter how it's with me Smile I can have a good afterglow for 2-4 weeks after a good trip on shrooms+DMT but if I smoke on the comedown I get almost no afterglow at all.

I love cannabis..just that my days of being tethered to it seem to have ended long ago. I cant go back to that place and feel like Im not building a wall within myself. It wont lend itself to me that way anymore. It feels the best no more than 2-4 times a month.

Only difference is I would say cannabis is ok 1-2 times a month for me to not have negative effect.

––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

polytrip
#24 Posted : 1/26/2011 2:36:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think that without the caapi, the tolerance would probably have lasted much longer. Cannabis stays in your system for quite a long time.

Besides, when you smoke cannabis only once or twice a month or less, the power of it as a psychedelic can realy amaze you.

ragabr
#25 Posted : 1/26/2011 2:39:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is really interesting to me, as SWIM has experienced the dampening effect on DMT and so cut out cannabis to once or twice a month.

With LSD, I always found that smoking cannabis at the peak would deepen and intensify the experience. Once I started smoking it, though, I wouldn't really stop. Now I want to find out what the afterglow would be like without pot and only with smoking at the peak. Does anyone have experience with this?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Simplistic Randamonium
#26 Posted : 1/29/2011 8:02:43 PM

random root

Simplistic Randamonium wrote:
alright.
i thought this was a place to disscuse opinions and i have mine.
i was under the impression that i could do that here.
its not my fault that you may not like what i have to say.
does your different view disscount mine?
i certainly feel that mine does not yours.
im just saying that ANYTHING can be over done.
i would rather read how some one has a PERSONAL addiction to marijuana.
this i can understand.
to say marijuana IS addictive seems like a blanket statment.
we as humans make choices and i can not respect any attempet to deminish our responsibility
for our actions.

im wondering if my smoking is going to jade my spice journys

but if my imput is polution and wasted then i guess i will leave you to you conjecture...

Ok..dont take it so personally. If you had been here in the past you would have seen how this topic has come up again and again and both sides have been discussed and it ends up just filling up threads with the topic. Thats why I would rather have a seperate topic to discuss the topic of cannabis and addiction. it has nothign to do with not wanting to hear another side to the story. I just would rather discuss the topic of cannabis and cross tolerance in this thread.

i had condiderd this,
im sorry i do have a tendancy to take things way to personaly....
my bad.
if u made it this far you are a champ, and although we may never meet you are also my friend.
S.R.

PREV12