We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Zero proof DMT is made in your head. Options

universecannon
#101 Posted : 6/24/2013 8:10:52 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

The Neural wrote:
prelim wrote:
proof going forward!

DMT Found in the Pineal Gland of Live Rats

http://www.cottonwoodresearch.org/dmt-pineal-2013/

The title of the thread is "made in your head", not "found in your head".

Read the article...

"Our new data now establish that the enzyme actively produces DMT in the pineal."

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ZenSpice
#102 Posted : 6/24/2013 8:16:02 PM

Mostly Ignored

universecannon wrote:
The Neural wrote:
prelim wrote:
proof going forward!

Read the article...

"Our new data now establish that the enzyme actively produces DMT in the pineal."

Universe Cannon FTW Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

The Neural
#103 Posted : 6/24/2013 8:49:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
The Neural wrote:
prelim wrote:
proof going forward!

Read the article...

Read & think.

"Research at the University of Wisconsin has recently demonstrated the presence of the DMT-synthesizing enzyme as well as activity of the gene responsible for the enzyme in pineal (and retina)."

It's a very clever workaround, and a rather indirect route to be able to infer what this "means". It's wise to wait for the actual study.

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

universecannon
#104 Posted : 6/24/2013 9:03:37 PM

?

Obviously we are waiting for the actual study. I don't know why one would assume that i'm saying this proves 100% that dmt is made by the pineal when we haven't even seen the study.

And it still stands that they are claiming to have demonstrated that the pineal actively produces dmt, at least based on this article. What you quoted is a reference to a different study that further supports this one....not the study in question.

"Research at the University of Wisconsin has recently demonstrated the presence of the DMT-synthesizing enzyme as well as activity of the gene responsible for the enzyme in pineal (and retina). Our new data now establish that the enzyme actively produces DMT in the pineal."

Orion
#105 Posted : 6/24/2013 9:11:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Who is this cottonwood research ? Is this their data ?

'Our new data now establish that the enzyme actively produces DMT in the pineal'

I think they mean 'has established' or 'establishes'. Credibility something something hint hint.

So these folks conducted the research? This website calling it 'Our' new data...
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

The Neural
#106 Posted : 6/24/2013 9:12:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
?

Obviously we are waiting for the actual study. I don't know why one would assume that i'm saying this proves 100% that dmt is made by the pineal when we haven't even seen the study.

And it still stands that they are claiming to have demonstrated that the pineal actively produces dmt, at least based on this article. What you quoted is a reference to a different study that further supports this one....not the study in question.

"Research at the University of Wisconsin has recently demonstrated the presence of the DMT-synthesizing enzyme as well as activity of the gene responsible for the enzyme in pineal (and retina). Our new data now establish that the enzyme actively produces DMT in the pineal."

I don't believe I mentioned anywhere that "you" deemed that proven, only to the bumper, yet you jumped up to tell me to "read" it.

We are either skeptical of everything or nothing. Statistically speaking, a good percentage of studies may have very complex methodology and sometimes not showing what they were aiming for. My original comment may have been out of context, but it still stands that we should not rush into believing even the researcher who (in a blog) claims that "my study now establishes this and that".

My objection still stands, that someone advertising their positive results beforehand does not warrant an accurate study at all; only the study will. Fingers crossed.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

universecannon
#107 Posted : 6/24/2013 9:25:58 PM

I'm not saying it is an accurate study or anything like that. Just that everyone who keeps claiming its only about dmts presence in the pineal and not about its production in the gland seem to be mistaken, at least according to what Strassman wrote in that link. We have to wait and see for sure, obviously

I'm skeptical and not suggesting we rush into believing anything

The Neural
#108 Posted : 6/24/2013 9:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
I'm not saying it is an accurate study or anything like that. Just that everyone who keeps claiming its only about dmts presence in the pineal and not about its production in the gland seem to be mistaken, at least according to what Strassman wrote in that link. We have to wait and see for sure, obviously

I'm skeptical and not suggesting we rush into believing anything

Agreed Smile

My bad for the first part indeed.

Rifle
#109 Posted : 6/24/2013 10:32:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:

'Our new data now establish that the enzyme actively produces DMT in the pineal'

I think they mean 'has established' or 'establishes'. Credibility something something hint hint.

"Data" is plural. Their grammar is correct as is.
She's real. She's got red lips.

moniker
#110 Posted : 6/24/2013 11:20:57 PM

लीला

Orion wrote:

Not to sound overly negative.... but I think they just want to trick me out of at least 100.00 dollars.

Cottonwood research said...

Quote:
Subsequent research into these compound’s role in naturally occurring altered states, occurring in collaboration with research centers around the world, will be ongoing for many years.

Your Donation Amount:
Comments or Instructions:

“Music is the voice of God traveling through ten-dimensional hyperspace.”
― Michio Kaku

hug46
#111 Posted : 6/24/2013 11:40:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

moniker wrote:

Not to sound overly negative.... but I think they just want to trick me out of at least 100.00 dollars.

You can change 100 in the box to any amount you wish to donate. Rick Strassman is the president. I think it is good that they are trying work out for sure whats going on.

This pineal gland thing is a real hot potato. It should be written in a sub heading on our attitude page that NO-ONE is allowed to discuss the pineal in absolute terms until an exhaustive peer reviewed paper on the subject has been published for a minimum of 5 years.

causmic
#112 Posted : 6/25/2013 12:25:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This has been an interesting and opinionated read, and I'm no scientist, a lot of it is over my head, but it seems to me that as the conversation goes on the skeptics are steadily losing ground. As more and more evidence is presented that seems to indicate DMT is produced in the brain (non-conclusively), the OP and the like still refuse to budge, simply because the evidence is "not conclusive", even though highly indicative.

Healthy skepticism is healthy. Cynical skepticism is cynical.

Rewind time a while, and the OP would probably be the guy going around saying "There is ZERO evidence that the world is round."

My $.02. Just sayin Smile
*** causmic is a figment of your imagination. A manifestation of your own consciousness and a projection of mine. causmic is a fictitious and wholly imagined character, and through his/her/their imagined life I share metaphoric, poetic, and abstract streams of consciousness, and although may provide statistical or scientific fact, any and all information posted by causmic is in the form of an imagined and entirely theatrical persona, tall tale, or cleverly faked photograph(s). Nothing I/we say has any basis in reality. All descriptions of events are fictitious, for entertainment and educational purposes only, and any similarities to real persons or situations existing on planet earth are entirely unintentional and coincidental. Nothing posted is to be taken "as fact". The information provided by "causmic" is assimilated at your own risk. By reading the posts made by "causmic" at "dmt-nexus" you have agreed to these terms and waived the account holder(s) (causmic) from any and all liabilities and/or consequences relating to and/or stemming from the (fictitious) information contained therein. ***

endlessness
#113 Posted : 6/25/2013 1:50:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys (and girls?), please, lets not turn this into a silly debate whether DMT is in the pineal or not, this is not for us to argue, this is for science to confirm or not.

The necessity of skepticism/rationality/prudence here is not about denying DMT being produced in the pineal, but to not claim something is (or isn't) before we know it for a fact.

Orion
#114 Posted : 6/25/2013 2:09:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Correct endlessness, as I tried to reflect in the title and it's early revision.

I still can't take that 'our data establish' sentence Razz

Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Orion
#115 Posted : 6/25/2013 2:22:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's probably just me alpha but it sounds engrish to me is all, I don't want a debate about it.

causmic wrote:
This has been an interesting and opinionated read, and I'm no scientist, a lot of it is over my head, but it seems to me that as the conversation goes on the skeptics are steadily losing ground. As more and more evidence is presented that seems to indicate DMT is produced in the brain (non-conclusively), the OP and the like still refuse to budge, simply because the evidence is "not conclusive", even though highly indicative.

Rewind time a while, and the OP would probably be the guy going around saying "There is ZERO evidence that the world is round."

But as for you sonny jim... no I will not budge and neither should anyone else until there is evidence. If everyone hadn't peddled the pineal... 'theory' .. in the first place so much...

We will respectfully give way to new evidence, welcome it with open arms. But so far, no such cigar.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

a1pha
#116 Posted : 6/25/2013 2:25:18 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Orion wrote:
... no I will not budge and neither should anyone else until there is evidence. If everyone hadn't pedalled the pineal... 'theory' .. in the first place so much...

Agreed 100%

It's cool news... but we should really just wait until the study is published before saying much more on this topic.
Then peer review kicks in and we might have some answers.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

coz42
#117 Posted : 6/25/2013 3:22:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the descent of DMT in the human body has become a bit of an infatuation. We clearly have much to understand about neurology and the metabolization of the many tryptamines that are found in the body. You may indeed be looking at the incorrect molecule. In fact, pinoline has been identified to produced as the endogenous component of the pineal gland with similar concentrations and circadian release patterns to those of melatonin; potentially the mediator for the dream sequence. It's even similar to the chemical structure of harmine.

It's quite droll if you ask me. The body is such an odd thing wouldn't you agree?
Hell, I see weird things when I eat potatoes Twisted Evil
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

causmic
#118 Posted : 6/25/2013 3:41:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
It's probably just me alpha but it sounds engrish to me is all, I don't want a debate about it.

causmic wrote:

But as for you sonny jim... no I will not budge and neither should anyone else until there is evidence. If everyone hadn't peddled the pineal... 'theory' .. in the first place so much...

We will respectfully give way to new evidence, welcome it with open arms. But so far, no such cigar.

Bringing new evidence into question over the grammar used to deliver it, and using that as an excuse to not even consider it doesn't seem very welcoming, IMO. I just don't understand the skepticism, really. If this isn't just a campaign against Joe Rogan and/or The Spirit Molecule for whatever reason then prove it by being open to the information!

Historically, we have consistently scientifically described our world based on the furthest implications of our current understanding(s), at that time in history, in whatever field of data you pick. And historically, we always find out that the picture we thought we were looking at is much bigger at some point down the line when we gain better analyzation tools and methods, and in many cases, the furthest imaginings and theorizing from a "genius" of old do not compare to the knowledge which a modern day child posesses, because although the genius had the right idea, he was wrong.

The "discovery" that 99% of our DNA is "junk" is a great example of this. This is obviously not true, but we make it true based on our very limited understanding of DNA. It's not that 99% is "junk" we have just only come to understand 1% of it so far. The junk DNA theory is in the process of being dismantled as we speak though, with some studies involving coding and modifying DNA using vibrationally tuned lazers. We will eventually come to learn how utterly wrong we were about this once we are using a better understanding as a point of contemplation.

Human history is rife with scientific conclusions being jumped to and then overturned based on better understandings as data compounds over time, so we can use that itself as "scientific data", and quite safely say that we are going to come to learn that whatever is really going on in a 'psychedelic experience' is more complex than we had ever dreamed, simply since this subject inherently involves some of the least understood concepts, scientifically speaking (consciousness/perception, dimensions, etc. etc. etc.) and at this point we actually have no idea what is really going on.

In reality, the subject of the psychedelic experience may be the most scientifically complex subject we have ever tried to make sense of as humans, and since we currently know next to nothing, there is obviously so much more to be discovered.

How can one ignore the indicators just because that avenue has not been concluded in its course of study? It's very typical when dealing with complex theories to have indicators of something which can't be verified, which lead to the eventual verification of what was indicated. How about the Higgs-Boson, for example? Arguably the most important scientific discovery of all time to date. The LHC was constructed based on a plethora of indicators. We had no idea if we would really find a Higgs-Boson, it just really seemed like we would. And guess what. We found it.

Sometimes, (in the case of the LHC) you even need to assume that what is indicated is true in order to verify it.

So again, I just don't really understand the heavy skepticism at this point. There seems to have been information posted since you started this thread which you were not privy to, and are now resisting. Perhaps you're not being as open as you think? Remember, the world was flat at one time.
*** causmic is a figment of your imagination. A manifestation of your own consciousness and a projection of mine. causmic is a fictitious and wholly imagined character, and through his/her/their imagined life I share metaphoric, poetic, and abstract streams of consciousness, and although may provide statistical or scientific fact, any and all information posted by causmic is in the form of an imagined and entirely theatrical persona, tall tale, or cleverly faked photograph(s). Nothing I/we say has any basis in reality. All descriptions of events are fictitious, for entertainment and educational purposes only, and any similarities to real persons or situations existing on planet earth are entirely unintentional and coincidental. Nothing posted is to be taken "as fact". The information provided by "causmic" is assimilated at your own risk. By reading the posts made by "causmic" at "dmt-nexus" you have agreed to these terms and waived the account holder(s) (causmic) from any and all liabilities and/or consequences relating to and/or stemming from the (fictitious) information contained therein. ***

The Neural
#119 Posted : 6/25/2013 7:36:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

causmic wrote:
Orion wrote:

causmic wrote:

You sure about that last sentence? Seems to me a few posts back you were bringing data into question over the grammar used to deliver it, and were using this as an excuse to not even consider it.

Real scientific of you.

You do you, bro, never said do otherwise, but if you want to talk science I've got somethin for you to consider, daddy o'.

Historically, we have consistently scientifically described our world based on the furthest implications of our current understanding(s), at that time in history, in whatever field of data you pick. And historically, we always find out that the picture we thought we were looking at is much bigger at some point down the line when we gain better analyzation tools and methods, and in many cases, the furthest imaginings and theorizing from a "genius" of old do not compare to the knowledge which a modern day child posesses, because although the genius had the right idea, he was wrong.

The "discovery" that 99% of our DNA is "junk" is a great example of this. This is obviously not true, but we make it true based on our very limited understanding of DNA. It's not that 99% is "junk" we have just only come to understand 1% of it so far. The junk DNA theory is in the process of being dismantled as we speak though, with some studies involving coding and modifying DNA using vibrationally tuned lazers. We will eventually come to learn how utterly wrong we were about this once we are using a better understanding as a point of contemplation.

Human history is rife with scientific conclusions being jumped to and then overturned based on better understandings as data compounds over time, so we can use that itself as "scientific data", and quite safely say that we are going to come to learn that whatever is really going on in a 'psychedelic experience' is more complex than we had ever dreamed, simply since this subject inherently involves some of the least understood concepts, scientifically speaking (consciousness/perception, dimensions, etc. etc. etc.) and at this point we actually have no idea what is really going on.

In reality, the subject of the psychedelic experience may be the most scientifically complex subject we have ever tried to make sense of as humans, and since we currently know next to nothing, there is obviously so much more to be discovered.

You say that you will not budge "until there is evidence". Well, you know what... it's very typical when dealing with complex theories to have indicators of something which can't be verified, which lead to the eventual verification of what was indicated. How about the Higgs-Boson, for example? Arguably the most important scientific discovery of all time to date. The LHC was constructed based on a plethora of indicators. We had no idea if we would really find a Higgs-Boson, it just really seemed like we would. And guess what. We found it. But if you had your way, the LHC probably would have been a "dumb idea" and you "wouldn't have budged" until you saw real evidence. If it was up to you, we never would have discovered the Higgs-Boson Smile

We do need people like you though to attempt to shoot down everything on the leading edge so the stuff that is false and weak doesn't persist, but you would definitely be telling people the world is flat since we have no evidence of anything else, if you were around during such times with your present attitude.

Your move, bud Smile

Very condescending, and antagonistic post. This type of competition would be better demonstrated elsewhere. Please refrain from being overly sarcastic "daddy o", "sonny jim", etc. This is a healthy debate, do not overdo it, such arduous philosophical discussions should be (if they have to) emerge on a separate thread.

causmic
#120 Posted : 6/25/2013 7:53:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I apologize. I could and should have refrained. Thank you for the response. I understand. I'll edit my post for tone.

Edit: and perhaps you could edit yours too to fully remove the previous version?

«PREV45678NEXT»