We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
considering ayahuasca for the first time Options

corpus callosum
#1 Posted : 1/24/2011 3:26:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Good morning fellow Nexians!

Yesterday I indulged in some changa and vaporised freebase and the session lasted almost 2 hours.After a little (but normal) trepidation I started with a bong of changa, approximately 100mg of caapi x11 : FB in a 1:1 ratio and broke through to that highly desirable yet ineffable place where I was exposed to a labyrinth of beauty and indescribable wonders whilst retaining a mental clarity which was devoid of fear.I had 5 such bongs and also 2 hits of neat FB through that trusty implement the GVG, the doses being 30 and 40mg.40mg in one breath via the GVG is a hefty dose for me but it felt just right on this occasion.

The visual effects were profound to say the least but I found that the clarity imparted by the changa persisted even after the vaporised freebase.Overall it was a most satisfying and rewarding session and has left me psychically rejuvenated.

My past experiences with psilocybin and LSD (quite a few years ago) mean that I am experienced in being in a place where the ego is severely curtailed for hours but the reason I stopped using these was because I began to find the duration of the experiences (more so with the LSD) quite arduous.But the session Ive just described has stimulated my interest in trying DMT via the oral route.

I recall someone describing the experience of vaporised FB vs ayahuasca as being like a journey which differs in its speed; the figures quoted were 500kph with neat FB vs 50kph for the oral route.This sounds highly desirable to me in light of this weekends exploration.My thoughts presently are to extract the harmala alkaloids from caapi vine (as per the fine tek by Gibran2) and using these with the fumarate salt.I wonder if any fellow Nexians could suggest which color of vine I should use-should that be relevant to the type of experience that each provides- and also if using the extracted product avoids the purging which is consequent upon making a the brew in the 'normal' way.

Any other advice which the veterans of ayahuasca can offer would be gratefully received.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gibran2
#2 Posted : 1/24/2011 3:52:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I think the color of vine is less significant if you’re going to extract the alkaloids. The biggest difference I’ve noticed between colors (and I have very limited experience) is the potency. Yellow caapi “twigs” yielded less than 1% alkaloids, whereas a very mature black caapi yielded over 3%.

I’ve felt persistent nausea on several of my pharma journeys, but I’ve never felt compelled to purge. I tried caapi-only aya once, and felt very ill, but oddly, had very little stomach discomfort.

For me, pharma is much more introspective than vaporized DMT – an exploration of my subconscious. Slower, but also unrelenting. It holds you and doesn’t let go. I still haven’t figured out my optimal dose, so I can’t comment on high-dose pharma, but I imagine it could be very challenging.

Concerning terminology – I think that if you consume extracted alkaloids, we’d call that pharma. Aya is the natural brew.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 1/24/2011 4:41:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Thanks Gibran2-including for the correction of terminolgy.For you personally is pharma preferable to ayahuasca?

You mention youve not established the optimal dose for yourself but may I ask what doses you took in relation to your bodyweight?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

gibran2
#4 Posted : 1/24/2011 3:05:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

corpus callosum wrote:
Thanks Gibran2-including for the correction of terminolgy.For you personally is pharma preferable to ayahuasca?

You mention youve not established the optimal dose for yourself but may I ask what doses you took in relation to your bodyweight?

I’m not a big fan of nausea and purging, so pharma is my preferred option. I’ve only had ayahuasca once, and that was a caapi-only brew: it was my first oral experience, and I felt sick the entire time - a bit like I had the flu. That was enough for me to pursue pharma.

I weigh about 145 lbs. and my latest dose was 250mg caapi alkaloids and 100mg DMT freebase. (I only need 25mg DMT vaporized for a strong breakthrough.) There are so many variables with aya/pharma!

I seem to get better results if I take the DMT about 30 minutes after I take the caapi, but I’m not sure about that. Even 100mg DMT is only moderately visionary, so maybe I need more caapi. But anything over 250mg caapi increases the nausea, and for me at least, the nausea really detracts from the experience. It’s a balancing act that I haven’t quite figured out yet.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.