We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chacruna vs Freebase huasca effects, Options

jimbobjones
#1 Posted : 1/22/2011 1:44:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The cat is curious about the effects of a Chacruna brew vs just using fbase spice. She tried a vine+spice brew before and had a great time, and then later on tried a brew with Chacruna and got absolutely nothing.

She just doesn't want to get bunked again... it seems as if Chacruna is virtually non existant domestically from all vendors she's checked too, seems impossible to find? What's happened?

thanks for any input.
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me (SWIM) - and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies. Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Once
#2 Posted : 1/22/2011 2:21:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear ya! I got a batch of weak chacruna, which provided a nice meditation session, but no fireworks. Adding freebase DMT to my caapi brews has been sure fire. I am going to stick with freebase for a few sessions, but I too would like to experience a the glory of a traditional brew. I've heard the trick is to get Hawaiian Chacruna from Maya, they are currently out of stock, I won't miss it next time.

I am curious about the Chacruna "space". Especially over on the Aya forum people talk like adding freebase to Caapi isn't the "Real Deal". Maybe not, but it's provided me with some of the most challenging and enlightening moments of my life. Anyway, I look forward to finding out for myself.

Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

jimbobjones
#3 Posted : 1/22/2011 5:14:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for reply,

Can anyone who's been fortunate enough to experience both spice huasca, and good Chacruna huasca, care to comment a bit on the difference between Chacruna and spice?
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me (SWIM) - and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies. Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.

jimbobjones
#4 Posted : 1/24/2011 7:23:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone anyone? Thanks for any input

Global
#5 Posted : 1/24/2011 9:26:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the labels as I get a bit confused with the labels sometimes, but if you're talking about the difference between ayahuasca and pharmahuasca, I can share with you what I found most notable distinguishing the experiences for myself (which one should understand could may have no relevance with some and perhaps plenty with others). On ayahuasca I got these electric tracers, the CEV's looked very organic and carnival-like, and I felt like I was clinically psychotic. With pharmahuasca (which I much prefer) I have yet to receive any of those electrified tracers, yet the CEVs themselves seem to be very sharp and electric. I also feel much more comfortable with pharma, but I too am going to try and rediscover the ayahuasca experience as I had only tried it when I was first starting out before extracting any spice. Now with many fb experiences under my belt, I can only imagine if the pharma would have acted more similarly to the ayahusca if I had taken that first.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Eden
#6 Posted : 1/24/2011 11:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It may be simply placebo, but admixtures seem to take me much deeper and at lower amounts than an comparable dose of extracted DMT.
e.g. 5g mimosa should have max 100mg DMT, but blows 200mg extract out of the water. This was observed over multiple sessions of identical yage dosage.
I have no experience with chacruna, however.

I am also of the opinion that yage has a spirit that does not fully translate with dosing fb harmalas, so a bit of bias is sure to exist.

Once
#7 Posted : 1/25/2011 1:33:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that extracted harmalas do seem to be missing something compared to full spectrum brews. Perhaps this is purely a matter of dosage? When I dose Pharma with Caapi Copy a good dose is 200mg CC + 75-90mg DMT, however 50g Caapi Tea + 35mg DMT is very much stronger. That being said I have always had great experiences with Pharma, and finding a comfortable dosage is very easy. Working with plant material has taken more trial and error, I currently have some weak Chacruna tea in the fridge that I thought would be good for 4-5 doses, I think that I am going to reduce it by at least half and try that again.

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 1/25/2011 7:45:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
When I dose Pharma with Caapi Copy a good dose is 200mg CC + 75-90mg DMT, however 50g Caapi Tea + 35mg DMT is very much stronger.

That's because 50g vine contains more harmala alkaloids than 200mg ...

gibran2
#9 Posted : 1/25/2011 3:00:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
When I dose Pharma with Caapi Copy a good dose is 200mg CC + 75-90mg DMT, however 50g Caapi Tea + 35mg DMT is very much stronger.

That's because 50g vine contains more harmala alkaloids than 200mg ...

Exactly.

My caapi extractions have yielded from just under 1% alkaloids to over 3% (depending on vine source), so 50g could contain less than 500mg alkaloids to over 1.5g Shocked alkaloids.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Once
#10 Posted : 1/25/2011 3:01:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know. Thats what I meant when I said "perhaps it is a matter of dosage" i.e. much more harmalas in Caapi Brew.

We have gotten a little off track here, I think what JimBob and I are interested in is the difference in experiential qualities between Chacruna Brews and Freebase Admix brews.

Apoc
#11 Posted : 1/29/2011 5:24:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chacruna and mimosa both have psychoactive alkaloids other than dmt, which would account for the differences in experience compared to pure dmt. Mimosa has more non dmt alkaloids. As for the specific difference, a full alkaloid brew might result in more vivid visions, and also might alter the content of visions a bit. Is this good? Maybe. Hard to say. Incredible experiences have been had with both.