We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Breaking Open the (Heavily Tattooed) Head - Chapter #1 Options

Bill Cipher
#1 Posted : 1/19/2011 7:02:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Antrocles just emailed me the following field report and asked that I throw it up here for the edification of all. He was invited a couple of months ago by Daniel Pinchbeck (who he had recently met through mutual friends) to a 10 day Ayahuasca retreat in Costa Rica, run by the Ecuadorian Secoya elders that Pinchbeck wrote about in Breaking Open the Head and 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl. Anyway, he left on Monday morning. Here is his first communique. I will try and update it promptly as I receive new ones:

OH MY GOD!! there is a computer here but it is ancient, runs on solar power and uses a dial-up connection that works only just...

anyways, it's pretty insane here. i have no phone connection so even bbm is out. i'll report in as often as i can. this being cut-off from the industrialized world is a double edged sword at the moment. i'll do my best!

so- the boat ride through the amazon style mangrove swamps,rivers and even oceans was nuts. crocodiles, snakes and all kinds of crazy life. the place that i'm at is truly jungle living. septic system (wipe your butt and put it in a can in front the toilet cuz you can't put it down the toilet, no electricity once the sun goes down, truly hot and muggy...etc.) there's not much to do yet, just been reading doing tai chi on the beach in the morning, meditating and jumping in and out of the ocean which is 80 degrees...gonna take a day or two to shift from 'human doing' to 'human being'...

tonite/tomorrow at 3AM we come together in a clearing on an 'island' surrounded by a sacred river. under a full moon we will begin the first of three days of a preparation that will make us purge heavily. it also contains a strong amount of yage and many claim that it can be stronger than the actual ceremony brew! after three days of this we will fast on the fourth day and that evening will be the first actual 'ceremonio'. we will do this entire process three times during my stay here.

the 'dieta' is beans, rice, salad and veggies. we are allowed to eat fish and eggs as well but i'm going full-tilt on this one so i'm a vegan til i come home. between being so pure and the high vibration of this pristine place, i am already halfway out of my body. it is primitive, crude, uneventful and hot here.

i am in heaven....

the shamans are the most astounding revelation for me so far. don tintin and don regalio are both about 3'8" tall (serious). they dress in the ceremonial mumu of their secoya tribe. don regalio in bright yellow, don tintin in bright red. they are jungle smurfs, laughing little gnomes who are sincerely magical to be around. don tintin's laugh could bring the grim reaper to tears....they really and truly are children.

another amazing shaman from chile, don rodrigo is their overseer here. only he can prepare their food. only he can assist with the preparation of the yage and at times he is called upon to play the flute during ceremony. he is not allowed to apportion the brew to those in the ceremony and is not allowed to touch or interact with the shamans once all has started.

during the ceremony, the two spritely shamans sit at the head of the space. the men are in the front half of the space and the women are in the rear. if a woman is on her period, she may not attend and must actually stay far away from the ceremony. the shamans say this is because her emotions are less steady and they can affect the direct current being held by them during the work.

the first day here, i was a day early. it was only myself and a couple others. i met the shamans with a friend who is doing her second ceremony here at guaria. i gifted them a couple packs of cigarettes i had brought for them (these dudes smoke like a couple of chimneys!!). a little later in the day while i was reading alone in a common area, they both came in and sat with me. i was later told this doesn't happen often like this. we talked for awhile. my spanish isn't great and there's is only slightly better. their native tongue is a clicking, hissing, snapping amalgam of oral dexterity that i couldn't even begin to understand. i reminds me of what it would sound like if you mixed every known language together and added a bottle of tequila to it. yeah. if you heard it you'd agree.

these two guys are truly on a higher level. 'they are as children of 3 years', don rodrigo tells me. i naively offered them some cannibis i had brought and don tintin eagerly accepted. i can now officially cross 'smoking weed with a jungle shaman' off my list of things to do in my life. i was later told by don rodrigo to be careful offering things to the shamans since, as they are children in their purity and loving nature, they will try/do anything offered them. he said that they have used cannibis before but that they are too sensitive to use it often. i will say that i haven't had a fit of stoned laughter in many many years. with don tintin sitting opposite me losing his shit laughing like an insane hobbit, i think i put out a rib laughing for an hour straight!

and so now i leave you with the first in what i hope can be several installments of my experience here. a brother from the nexus is going to be showing up today with everyone else. i'm excited beyond words to meet this amazing dude in the flesh. well, the beans and rice have hit the table so i'm off.

love and gratitude,

Antrocles

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 1/19/2011 7:14:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

What an incredible story. I look forward to reading more.
Thank you, Art, for posting, and thank Antrocles for sharing.

If you correspond with him, let him know that we are all vicariously sharing his experiences with him!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Citta
#3 Posted : 1/19/2011 7:29:16 PM

Skepdick

Exciting! Thanks alot for the posting and sharing. Eager to hear more about this.

Keep it up Antrocles!

Phantastica
#4 Posted : 1/19/2011 8:15:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow what an awesome experience that must be..and what wonderful ppl. lucky!!
this is def on my list of places to attend
cant wait for chapter 2Pleased
<3

Pandora
#5 Posted : 1/19/2011 8:31:51 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I sit in quiet and humble fascination as I read this. Thank you for this beautiful sharing.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Metanoia
#6 Posted : 1/19/2011 9:18:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great post. Can't wait to read more. Give my Love and Gratitude to Antrocles!

Xt
#7 Posted : 1/19/2011 9:46:43 PM

Very interesting. I would say enjoy this to its fullest but i know you will. What is there to say?
I would say to appreciate the opportunity but i know you do.

/jungle monster noises.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

endlessness
#8 Posted : 1/19/2011 10:31:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, eagerly awaiting for the next stories Very happy

I totally know what he means with the child shamans! Indeed it can be totally like that Smile

Thanks for sharing Art, and send him big hugs if you talk to him!

jamie
#9 Posted : 1/20/2011 12:46:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Very happy

..cant wait to hear the post ceremony report...I know it will be good..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#10 Posted : 1/20/2011 12:46:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Very happy

..cant wait to hear the post ceremony report...I know it will be good..
Long live the unwoke.

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 1/20/2011 1:20:58 AM

John Murdoch IV

Hey brother Smile I'd give both my legs to be there Smile Well maybe not but damn I'm there in spirit Smile
Actually I have a contact that works with shamans in Ecuador and he can get me to the Secoya there.
So the plan is to go there next fall.
But I'll look into Costa Rica also.

Thank you for sharing. Lookin forward to read more Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

jungleheart
#12 Posted : 1/20/2011 5:34:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for being such a good representative of the nexus for us, and for the rest of us who are with you in spirit.

Rooftop
#13 Posted : 1/20/2011 9:57:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very happy No such thing as having one of the most talented writers of the Nexus promise us some reports of his Ayahuasca adventures in Costa Rica jungle among Hobbit Shamen from Ecuador and other fantastic creatures!!

This going to be epic!
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

GratefulDad
#14 Posted : 1/20/2011 1:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pullin' up a chair!

Seven
#15 Posted : 1/21/2011 6:14:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

great read, and I eagerly await more!
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

lyserge
#16 Posted : 1/21/2011 10:24:16 PM

polyfather anomalous

Sounds fantastic, "three foot eight magical elf-shamans"...what a spot. Hope to hear of more Nexians visiting Latin America where all these high-alkaloid medicines come from!
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

TheAppleCore
#17 Posted : 1/21/2011 11:54:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you wrote a book, I would seriously buy it.

Can't wait to read more... thanks!!

pau
#18 Posted : 1/22/2011 7:33:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

is that earth, or hyperspace!?!?
WHOA!

abnormal
#19 Posted : 1/22/2011 5:41:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely wonderful...

I am actually knee deep in Breaking Open The Head...

Looking forward to read the rest!

wikiwahwah
#20 Posted : 1/22/2011 8:30:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your experiences so far. I'm sure I read about the retreat on Reality Sandwich a while back. Looking forward to more updates.

12NEXT