We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ātman, Brahman, MDMA and DMT Options

fragaria
#1 Posted : 1/19/2011 3:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello dear friends!

Since I'm new to the forum, I figured I may write a introduction essay on my first experiences with psychoactives.

Besides being interested in psychedelics since late childhood, I never had the chance to experiment much due to my responsible nature of being. None of my friend or acquaintances were in touch with the stuff, so neither was I - until one year ago, when I met my wonderful boyfriend whom also have a very healthy relationship with psychedelics.

I frist tried 4-AcO-DMT two times, but both times were very emotionally painful, as though I was coming closer to something dark that was hidden. Sadly, I never really figured out what it was. Due to my failure to target the problem, I gave up on it, the same was I had done the past years with my light on-and-off depression.

Late in october last year, my boyfriend and my best friend decided to come together and explore ourselves with MDMA. One hour after swallowing the pill, both my loved ones were on their way up - I was on the other hand heading down. I felt absolutely terrible, and went for myself not to bother the others. After some minutes my boyfriend asked if I wanted to speak to them, and so I did.
As soon as I opened my mouth, I felt as though a door that had been locked for years suddently opened, and all it held in burst out woth tremendous force. I cried, holding my friend's and boyfriend's hand, sharing forgotten memories. I remembered being bullied by my closest friend and her friends, I remembered what they told me, and how it made me feel.
That very instant, I understood it all. I felt the root of my general melancholia, I understood why my self-esteem had failed, I understood why I am so close to having a eating disorder. I understood my social awkwardness, my perfectionism, my lack of faith within myself. This was a great discovery, because all these years something had bothered me, but I never understood what it was. Now I did. And more importantly, I knew that I could let all of it go.
In this serenety, Ishq's Yu started playing at the stereo, and the music echoed within me. I was totally cleansed inside, and the feeling I got when Yu started playing was absolutely incredible. The music filled every part of my body, sounding as pure as it could be.

For the first time, I saw everything clearly. I sat there in total amazement, because this clear sight wasn't limited to myself. What I experienced was a profound discovery of the core self, of the true me, or what I would call the Atman. Once I had the connection with Atman, I also could feel Brahman - God, everything, The Source - although I still was very much in my own body.

I told all of this to my boyfriend, and asked if what happens on DMT is that you go into the core of Brahman the same way I went into the core Atman. Going into Atman does not require detachment from the body/ego, since Atman, the core self, lives in your body. Going into Brahman, on the other hand, I imagine require loss of ego for the Core Self to flow into the Core Everything, since the pure self is exactly the same energy as Brahman.
Even though I'm being told over and over again not to have any expectations, I have a strong feeling about where DMT may take me. Saturday I will try to enter Brahman with DMT, and we'll see wether my suspicions are true.

Much peace and love to everyone!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Rooftop
#2 Posted : 1/19/2011 4:12:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello!Very happy
Wonderful to hear about your Healing, imo this type of work is the purpose of psychedelic use, and your testimony proves once again how unfair it is that one is forced to risk having problems with the law (with a tiny weenie 'l'Pleased to access these powerful medicines!

Funny that you speak of Brahma here, during swim's last Spice adventure with some friends at the foot of a wonderful mountain, he heard a friend ask in amazement 'wow, what is it that we see?'
'Brahma' simply answered another.

Looking forward to hear about your saturady night!Very happy
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

Citta
#3 Posted : 1/19/2011 6:05:49 PM

Skepdick

Ah, wonderful post my love! Strong of you to share your healing progress, and inspiring and beautiful to read for others. I am so happy I have been able to aid you in this and provide you with the tools that are liberating you. These tools have done a lot for me as well, and continues to do so. Their therapeutical effects are largely underestimated! And welcome to the forum you've so often seen me hanging on, I think you'll like it here! Very happy

actualfactual
#4 Posted : 1/19/2011 6:32:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome.. dmt definitely has the potential to wipe away ago ego and let you become brahman

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 1/19/2011 7:18:56 PM

The Great Namah

Just a quick FYI without trying to detract from this thread.

Brahma is one of the three gods of the Hindu trinity: Vishnu, Shiva, and Brahma. Brahma created the earth.

Brahman is the godhead, formless, unmanifested, beyond all thought, beyond all change. The gods are only aspects of Brahman but not Brahman similar to the ways the facets of a diamond are not the diamond itself.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

fragaria
#6 Posted : 1/20/2011 8:31:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply, everyone. I'll let you know how saturday turns out! Smile

Swarupa
#7 Posted : 1/20/2011 12:53:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In my opinion nothing outside you will ever ultimately take you to the Self because you have been existing as that forever.

However i do feel certain subastances can dissolve our identity to the point we begin to see that and then investigate further...

Enoon
#8 Posted : 1/20/2011 10:35:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

fragarai, thank you for sharing your story with us, it was a wonderful read. I hope dmt will give you a brilliant and wonderful surprise. I always feel that there is no way we can be prepared for what happens with us there, because there seems to be some fundamental and all-penetrating change that occurs. We can never remain the same. We can never look back on ourselves in the same way, because we are not the same any longer... everything is different. From every moment to the next... but this seems to become *visible* through dmt and sometimes other entheogens. Total revolution, total change awaits.

I wish you the best.
much love

Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

xebiche
#9 Posted : 1/21/2011 1:13:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps the most cherished aspect is the opportunity to spend time with Atman, as Atman. DMT gives us an opportunity to BE our SacredSelves. Thank you DMT. For such experiences I use the aid of music and movement. If I do not have music and movement my ego will always cloak.

Thank you for your Essay. It was very comforting to read.
Honor The Game And It Will Honor You Back