We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
what is your favorite dmt music or sound? Options

Dwhitty76
#1 Posted : 7/31/2008 12:52:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i thought it would be cool to see what some of the patrons of the nexus like to listen to while on dmt.
So far i love Spacetime continuum "sea bisquit" the whole album is great (very atmospheric and ambient). I like to listen to aphex twin "selected ambient works".Being a deadhead at heart i have had a couple beautiful experiences listening to darkstar.I'm alway's looking for new music and since swim is fairly new to the world of spice he thought it would be cool to get music reco's.What do you like to listen to?
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WSaged
#2 Posted : 7/31/2008 2:00:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Silence!!
DMT has a beautiful music of its own!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwhitty76
#3 Posted : 7/31/2008 2:12:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim hasnt done it in silence yet.Swim also hasnt done it outside yet either.Really wants to find a nice desolate spot outside and do it in silence.It's hard to find a desolate spot where i am unfortunately,might drive out to the everglades
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

WSaged
#4 Posted : 7/31/2008 2:21:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also enjoy this harp recording I have but I keep the volume to barely audible.
Harp music sounds like heaven to me!

When ever I've had music playing to a level when I could really hear it, it bothers me.
Keeps me to grounded.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

djtetsu
#5 Posted : 7/31/2008 8:16:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've listened to a lot of electronic artists, but Sasha is just so far past everybody else. If you have never, check out his Xpander EP (read its reviews on Amazon if you're skeptical). A 10minute track on it called Rabbitweed will have you contacted by aliens sober. Then you can also get his Airdrawndagger, Involver, now his Emfire remix collection.

MR.shroom
#6 Posted : 7/31/2008 2:31:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psytrance anyone?

Dwhitty76
#7 Posted : 7/31/2008 6:00:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is psytrance like Goa?

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 7/31/2008 6:58:24 PM

The Great Namah

MR.shroom wrote:
psytrance anyone?

Shpongle
Ott
Yonger Brother

(psy-ambient)
Aes Dana
Biosphere
Solar Fields
H.U.V.A. Network

But my favorite is complete and utter silence!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

modsquad09
#9 Posted : 7/31/2008 8:03:37 PM

mods

yeah shpongle is great dmt music.. well any psy drugs IMO.. ott is all atmospheric kinda like shpongle..
I like buckethead... the song Datura from electric tears( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9QyHvqSdXM )
&
Infected Mushroom... Radiohead.
the Beatles are awesome too... any psy music really.. tool, the dead.. ect.

I agree though, i prefer no music.. it keeps me grounded & brings me back too soon.. but its cool to have music for a change if you can spare the spice.

Its also cool too try keeping your eyes open with alot of light.. & then no light.. w ith or without music.. just mix it up if u can.

try slow journeys(maoi) then do normal fast journeys
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

Dwhitty76
#10 Posted : 8/1/2008 12:57:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, that makes sense. Music has been that ability to ground me if things get too crazy, i can ease my attention to how awesome the misic sounds.Really need to find a nice place otdoors in nature and sit Smile

ChemicalEudaemonia
#11 Posted : 8/1/2008 2:49:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM loves tripping to the ambience of Vangelis.

Shpongle is also enjoyable but at times can be overwhelming.

Dwhitty76
#12 Posted : 8/1/2008 6:25:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I DUG THE BUCKET HEAD.HE'S GOT SOME AWESOME MUSIC AND SOME CRAZY VIDS.

Saidin
#13 Posted : 8/1/2008 6:53:12 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

I really enjoy Sphongle.

After doing it often with music, when I do it without I always have the feeling that something is missing and it affects the trip. I try from time to time, but while tripping something is missing and when I come out of it I always feel like I'm lacking something.

Need to try it in silence outside in nature I think to cure me of this.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Viracocha
#14 Posted : 8/1/2008 11:09:39 AM

..still lc..

Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada or Miles Davis
better yet, silence

warrensaged wrote:
Silence!!

spot on dude

modsquad09
#15 Posted : 8/1/2008 3:21:15 PM

mods

Dwhitty76 wrote:
I DUG THE BUCKET HEAD.HE'S GOT SOME AWESOME MUSIC AND SOME CRAZY VIDS.

hell yea man, glasd you enjoyed!
Listen to the song "Datura" during a voyage..
Kaleidoscalp,Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, & electric tears are some of my favorite albums

modsquad09
#16 Posted : 8/1/2008 3:21:45 PM

mods

Coschi wrote:
Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada or Miles Davis
better yet, silence

warrensaged wrote:
Silence!!

spot on dude

Boards of Canada isnt bad.. i need to jamm them hi9gh more ;]

Dwhitty76
#17 Posted : 8/1/2008 5:24:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Coschi, i like you taste in music. Miles davis is one of,if not my fav. jazz musicion.In a silent way,bitches brew and on the corner are probably my favorite albums.I love Board of canada,beautiful place out in the country and music has the right to children.Aphex twin is just a twisted genius imo.Warp records puts out a LOT of good music.I also love squarepusher.

Big Inhale
#18 Posted : 8/1/2008 6:01:11 PM

The Enlightend One

Shahid Parvez-Sitar Sublime its 30 min long so plenty of time for a journey talk about Indian style fractals WOW
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Viracocha
#19 Posted : 8/3/2008 2:44:44 AM

..still lc..

You got good taste Dwhitty76 Very happy

I keep hearing about squarepusher, time I go get some I think

Dwhitty76
#20 Posted : 8/3/2008 5:28:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you'r gonna check out squarepusher (twited genius),my reco would be to be his first lp "feed me weird things" also really good is hard normal daddy.His music fucks w/ my head.All his albums are good. I believe aphex twin discovered him.He (sqaurepusher) was playing bass over his own sequenced music at like 320bps at some club in the u.k.Aphex quote was something to the effect of "this guy either needs to be institutionalized or recorded."Laughing

12NEXT