We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello Options

childofthetao
#1 Posted : 1/15/2011 5:50:03 PM

Calvin

I'm not used to writing intro posts I don't really know what to say.

I'll just say DMT related things about myself Smile

Well, I have tried DMT a time or two (or three) and do not get the results others do. It is intensely physically uncomfortable, I get tension in my head which seems to obscure the visuals, and it feels like it simply is not worth smoking. But I am on a journey to learn what is wrong with me, causing this, I can fix it.

Once, for a second or two, I made something out that I could see, through the "fog". It was not like what other's have reported (and my brother's experience is the best I have heard of, ever). My DMT visuals were mundane, ordinary (although maybe somewhat out of time).
I was inside a room. In front of me was a large square window. Well I say window it was just a big square hole in the wall. To the right of it was a man, stood looking through the window. To the left of the window a woman is seated on the ground. The room is made of stone and is unfurnished, and through the window I see the city of what looks like an ancient civilization, like Egypt I think. Stone buildings with holes for windows. It was a nice sunny day.

At a 45 degree angle to my face on the right side I was aware of a woman's face right up close just looking, it was just a face. This face didn't occupy the room I don't think. But during this (and all) the physical discomfort was too distracting and uncomfortable and I just wanted the whole thing to end.

Once I smoked a DMT joint, that felt nice, and it awoke the familiar throb of kundalini which almost pulsed me up and around the room (I resisted because my brother was there and it subsided, if only I was alone that day).

It's been a while since my last attempt, but I will try smoking it again soon.

Once my Rue seeds are here I will be trying Pharahuasca, fortunately I don't eat any foods containing tyramine so the MAOI should be safe. I'm getting some hemp protein powder, does anyone know if that contains tyramine?

Well, that's me Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/15/2011 8:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

From your description sounds like smoking method might have to do. I would guess you are burning dmt and consequently smoking a small quantity which would explain both the 'weak' experience as well as the negative body effects. How are you smoking? If you can spend some money, definitely get GVG and torch lighter, otherwise try in a bong mixed with plenty of ashes, and go very easy on the lighter, so the fire doesnt touch it but merely vaporizes.

Regarding oral use, what dosage you are thinkng of? Also, as for tyramine, check our FAQ and health and safety section. Harmalas are RIMAs (reversible inhibitors mostly of MAO-A), not irreversible MAOIs, therefore their interaction with tyramine is minimal, no need to worry. I would just say, regardless of tyramine but more related to having a psychedelic experience (that can generate 5-ht3 signalling in the guts and therefore nausea), better eat light in general. Just common sense, no need to worry. Just please dont take harmalas with amphetamines or SSRI medication.

Good luck and post back your future endeavours!

childofthetao
#3 Posted : 1/16/2011 12:41:15 PM

Calvin

endlessness wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

From your description sounds like smoking method might have to do. I would guess you are burning dmt and consequently smoking a small quantity which would explain both the 'weak' experience as well as the negative body effects. How are you smoking? If you can spend some money, definitely get GVG and torch lighter, otherwise try in a bong mixed with plenty of ashes, and go very easy on the lighter, so the fire doesnt touch it but merely vaporizes.

I never thought of that, I might have been burning it. I use the machine (I'm sure you've heard of it). It seems to produce lots of think smoke, it felt like I was getting plenty (although I'm no expert on what plenty is).

I don't know what GVG is I'm afraid, but doesn't a torch lighter burn hotter than a regular lighter? It seems counter-productive to go for the hotter option if one is simultaneously attempting to not get the DMT too hot. Or am I missing something?

Quote:
Regarding oral use, what dosage you are thinkng of? Also, as for tyramine, check our FAQ and health and safety section. Harmalas are RIMAs (reversible inhibitors mostly of MAO-A), not irreversible MAOIs, therefore their interaction with tyramine is minimal, no need to worry. I would just say, regardless of tyramine but more related to having a psychedelic experience (that can generate 5-ht3 signalling in the guts and therefore nausea), better eat light in general. Just common sense, no need to worry. Just please dont take harmalas with amphetamines or SSRI medication.

Good luck and post back your future endeavours!

I think, maybe 4g of rue seeds, followed by 50mg of DMT, after reading I get the impression that these dosages will give me a a trip of medium intensity I think.

Also, are you saying there are no harmalas in syrian rue seeds? And that harmalas and MAOI are NOT the same thing? The reason I want to know is because I might introduce my dad to pharmahuasca but he does like to have some amphetamines now and then. I would of course make sure he knows to only take the rue seeds at a time when he has not taken any speed (and has not had any for a few days).

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/18/2011 11:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

childofthetao wrote:

I never thought of that, I might have been burning it. I use the machine (I'm sure you've heard of it). It seems to produce lots of think smoke, it felt like I was getting plenty (although I'm no expert on what plenty is).

I don't know what GVG is I'm afraid, but doesn't a torch lighter burn hotter than a regular lighter? It seems counter-productive to go for the hotter option if one is simultaneously attempting to not get the DMT too hot. Or am I missing something?

I think, maybe 4g of rue seeds, followed by 50mg of DMT, after reading I get the impression that these dosages will give me a a trip of medium intensity I think.

Also, are you saying there are no harmalas in syrian rue seeds? And that harmalas and MAOI are NOT the same thing? The reason I want to know is because I might introduce my dad to pharmahuasca but he does like to have some amphetamines now and then. I would of course make sure he knows to only take the rue seeds at a time when he has not taken any speed (and has not had any for a few days).

Yeah I've tried the machine, i'm sure one can get to find a good way to use it but its possible also to burn spice with it. You dont really want a lot of smoke, you want smooth but dense vapour, its quite different. This is a GVG. Its expensive though. I would suggest just for the sake of comparing methods that you do try smoking dmt in another way, for example in a bong sandwiched between thick layers of ash. Go very easy with the lighter, keep it far so it doesnt at all touch the dmt.

Regarding torch lighter, its ideal with the GVG because it delivers a steady uniform heat. Since the dmt isnt directly exposed to the flame because of the ceramic difuser, with the GVG one can deliver a very dense vapor without combusting dmt and therefore being extremely effective. A torch lighter with something like a bong or a machine would probably not be good unless you keep the lighter very very far away, otherwise dmt will burn.

As for pharma dosage, less rue would probably be enough, like 3 or 3.5g. I suggest extracting it if you can/have patience, or at least make a tea. Ingesting pure rue can be quite heavy on the stomach, at least IME. 50mg dmt can be a lot for some people but for others (like me) its very very little. Dont be surprised if you dont feel much. But its better to start at such dosage, because you cannot know your personal metabolism to this specific substance beforehand, and the needed vaporized dosage is no indicator. You might be one of the sensitive ones, so dont take more than 50mg dmt the first time.

The MAOI/harmala thing, Im saying that harmalas are a specific type of MAOI that is reversible (clears in a few hours) and only inhibits a specific part of MAO enzymes, so in terms of food there isnt so much interaction (though its still recommended to eat generally light before any strong oral psychedelic experience). BUT (!!) there is still potentiall dangerous interaction with amphetamines/stimulants and also with SSRI medication. So if your dad takes pharmahuasca, he absolutely must not take amphetamines together (a day clear before and not taking any at least till next day)