We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Self Sustainable Organic Chemistry. Options

biopsylo
#21 Posted : 1/16/2011 5:15:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4062743.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_production

the more i look into this, the more involved it seems. not sure how practical it would be on a small scale..

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SKA
#22 Posted : 1/20/2011 11:58:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thx biopsylo. That is really helpfull.

So for now: Sodium Carbonate, which by burning and hydrating can be made into Sodium/Calcium Hydroxide ( correct me if I'm wrong )
And Chloride, Natrium Hydroxide and Hydrogen can be electrolysed out of simple Salt water solutions.
Keep more such information comming.

Sidenote: Horse manure, horse urine and Straw can be allowed to rot in anearobic conditions and then washed with water and further processed to yield Potassium Nitrate.
This is no substance that can help extracting sacred alkaloids as far as I know, but it's sure a fine fuel from readily available sources.
Methane Gas, another usefull fuel, can also be filtered off of this manure-urine-straw pile.
However let's keep this topic centred around chemicals that can be used in extracting precious alkaloids.

logos2012
#23 Posted : 1/27/2011 10:44:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The green entity just extracted from MHRB with Greek olive oil instead of limonene using the armor fati non toxic tek. Hour heat baths just below boiling with the olive oil and basified dough were used. Yield was even better than with limo!

Limo still seems a bit toxic to him.....well not as toxic as olive oil anyway. You can read more in the non toxic thread.
All posts are from higher vibrational alien entities. These entities are not physically real to your understanding and do not exist in this dimension, therefore accounts of all posts did not take place in reality.

SKA
#24 Posted : 2/15/2012 3:07:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ether has been disappearing from most shops last year. Taken out of business.
Now I just found out my favorite, online Diethyl Ether supplier also no longer
sells Diethyl Ether.

This is exactly why I want to learn how to make my own Solvents, Bases & Acids.
If one day policies tighten further and Solvents like Ether, Naphtha & Limonene
become unavailable to the general public, I want to be able to make my own from
abundant, natural sources.

Here's some more DIY knowledge;

Diethyl Ether production(from Ethanol):
Recently I learned Diethyl Ether can be made by mixing Ethanol with Sulfuric Acid.
That mixture is then gently heated and destilled. Destillate is Diethyl Ether.
Should be mixed with aqueous NaOH-NaCl solution, Layers separated in separatory funnel.
Aqueous layer is to be discarder, toplayer of Diethyl Ether is to be redestilled
once more.

The refinement goes on a bit more.
The Process can be learned here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytdO3YzXNkQ

Making Ethanol
Simple as pie. Add Molasses, Barley, Sugarcanes, Sugar, Yeast & Water to
a large container. Allow to yeast, be patient. Once fermentation is done
filter out solids & destill the liquid to yield Ethanol as Destillate.

This Ethanol can be used to extract compounds & to make Diethyl Ether.

Making NaOH:
This Youtube video describes a process in which a NaCl-in-Water solution
is electrolysed with charcoil electrodes to Yield NaOH + Chlorine gas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhn_wclhCQY
Does anyone know if this works? If it does, the water of the NaOH solution
should be evaporated off and voila: solid NaOH.

Now these are exactly the kind of synthesises I seek: Those that can make
Solvents, Acids& Bases that are needed in alkaloid-extractions, especially
relatively easy Teks that can be done without all too suffisticated equipment
and from readily available sources.

So if you know any such synths that can make such extraction-aiding chemicals
please share them here with us.

benzyme
#25 Posted : 2/15/2012 4:17:29 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

before we talk about these things (which may not be acceptable anyway, according to forum rules), we should first discuss safety...

diethyl ether is nothing to mess with, without proper awareness of what you're dealing with. It is stupid flammable (flammable rating of 4 - extreme), and readily forms explosive peroxides if distilled to dryness. more volatile than the gaza strip. There are much more effective alternatives to Et2O anyway, such as dcm or chloroform, and they won't potentially turn you into a darwin-award winning 6-o'clock meth story

find the king's chemistry survival guide, it discusses some of these
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

SKA
#26 Posted : 2/16/2012 4:26:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

And you are sure ordering DCM and Chloroform somewhat regulairly from online shops doesn't
have the same risks attatched to it? I'm pretty sure that DEA and friends will realise that
substances that are watched will become more and more avoided by producers of illegal drugs.

I'm guessing that ordering 5 liters of Diethyl Ether in the US will draw quite some attention,
am I right? I suppose they are clever enough to figure out that producers of illegal drugs
will avoid Diethyl Ether and instead buy another Solvent with the same characteristics
that isn't watched, Like Chloroform or DCM. I can't imagine DEA and friends are THAT dumb.

And yeah Diethyl Ether is rediculously flamable. But if you were to destill it off of
Sulfuric Acid-Ethanol solutions, heating it in a hot water bath with a thermometer
in it, and keeping the water-temperature at a constant 75 degrees Celcius I don't think
there's a chance the ether would ignite. The autoignition temperature of Diethyl Ether,
according to Wikipedia, is 160 degrees Celcius.

Putting sand into the Ethanol-H2SO4 solution and the hot water bath helps to evenly
distribute the heat so I think that should be pretty safe as long as you use no open
flame, do this in a well-ventilated, fireproof space & your Destillation-gear is airtight and proper.

Sometimes you have to choose between 2 risky activities:
-Do you buy watched Solvents & risk a raid, possible charges & possible imprisonment?
-Or do you attempt to make them yourself and risk blowing up a destillation-set?

At least, since Ether's autoignition is 160 degrees C, I see that latter risk as
quite managable by keeping the hot water bath at a constant 80 degrees C and
using sand to distribute heat evenly. Correct me if I'm wrong; I would
hate to be wrong and get hurt or loose a Destillation-set and a shed to a fire.

I'll try to find the king's chemistry survival guide. Sounds interresting.

PREV12