We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Boil in Bag Options

sonofsnow
#1 Posted : 1/13/2011 6:08:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently I have worked with quite a few Harmala Manske extractions after obtaining 5 kilo Peganum Harmala seeds only 20 dollar, from a visit to Turkey.
They use it as incense to fight of bad energy and when they get a new born to make sure they will be healty as they grow up.

I love this extraction with the coulour changes and easy purifications.
The only thing that is a bit pain is the filtration.
So I tried to put the grinded seeds in a linen cloth bag and did the 3x boils in that. It worked wonders, Filtration is a lot easyer after and the loss in yield is almost nothing.
Tried the same boil in bag technique with an A/B MHRB with Vinegar,NaOH and heptane, yielded 1.54% (didnt have enough Bark to do a side by side without bag).

Best of luckWink
The things that IS has a meaning,
but it`s what IS NOT that make them usefull

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 1/13/2011 6:43:30 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

So the filtration following the addition of salt was significantly easier? How many filters did you have to use for what amount of seeds? That's very interesting, I'll have to give this a shot.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

MelCat
#3 Posted : 1/13/2011 7:01:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn, that is a great idea. I hate filtering rue Sad
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 1/13/2011 7:33:39 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

After my last caapi-powder cooking I though the same thing: "boil it inside the bag/filter so no horrid filtration is needed afterwards.

I'm glad someone else already tried it out and that it works. Thank you sonofsnow.

Kind regards,

The Traveler