We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Met DMT for the first time last night = Semi Fail Options

RubensVu
#1 Posted : 1/13/2011 3:06:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone newbie Ruben here with post #1. I've been researching spice for about 2 years now & finally decided to take the journey. I've been searching for a way to wrap my brain around 'life' for years now & i'm hoping i've found a tool to aid me in this process.

I ended up on the cusp of a breakthrough last night (1st time) but just couldnt get enough from the setup i was using to 'get there'. I felt a presence pulling me into a blue egg, the presence was just off to the side waving a hand, motioning "come on in, you are almost there". Then slowly things started to fade away.

I was very upset that i did not have a breakthrough, is that normal? Crying or very sad I had expected this extremely spiritual , enlightening experience but just hung on the edge of it. Frustrating and upsetting I tells ya..

Looks like changa is going to be my next step

Anyway , just wanted to introduce myself and say i'm a lively person who's really enjoyed lurking this forum for some time. Glad to finally commit to the community. As others have said, I frequent multiple forums and this one is by far the most respectful, pleasant place to come to. Cheers

Ruben
So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's, imagined and all conceivable.
Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill through
And let them pass right through
Bringing out our hope and reason ...
before we pine away.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The_Shaman
#2 Posted : 1/13/2011 6:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome Rueben,

first, I hope your using a pseudonym, you never know what fed agent is also lurking these forums, prob best to play it safe.

2nd> You mentioned you thought you failed, however you also mention a blue egg and some inviting presence, well unless that is an everyday occurrence , I would suggest you think of it as a interesting and fascinating first step, not a failure.

To reach deeper within can take practice and finding the right smoking technique & set and setting are equally important.

It is normal to have modest experiences , dont even worry about it, just enjoy whatever experience you have and try not to have expectations.

welcome!

Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

endlessness
#3 Posted : 1/13/2011 6:47:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

How are you trying to smoke it.. 99.999% of the times (absolutely scientific statistics Razz ) when people have trouble breaking through or having a strong experience in general, it is related to the smoking method. As you must have read already, the GVG is the recommended way according to many of us, but failing that, you could try infusing some herbs and smoking in a bong. Or in a bong, putting many screens, a thick bed of ashes, dmt in the middle and thick layer of ashes on top, going very easy on the lighter so that it doesnt burn the dmt.

Do you have a scale to know what dosage you are smoking?

Did you try other psychedelics yet?

Good luck with your future experiences, and dont worry you will get way more than what you are expecting! Smile

RubensVu
#4 Posted : 1/14/2011 4:11:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya, not my real name Very happy

Quote:
2nd> You mentioned you thought you failed, however you also mention a blue egg and some inviting presence, well unless that is an everyday occurrence , I would suggest you think of it as a interesting and fascinating first step, not a failure.

Ya thats why i said semi-fail Laughing . I just hoped for a breakthrough the very first time. I'm about 99.9999 sure Wink that it was the smoking method. I only had a normal bowl and toked using the sammich method. I'll head over to my brother's place and make another attempt while using his bong.

I've had years of experience with psychedelics Endlessness, just new to spice. I recently watched The Spirit Molecule and had really built up a huge expectation. I'm not worried about it, just was disappointed at the time.

Happily looking forward to session #2. Thanks for your insight guys, & thanks for give us all such a great place to congregate.
before we pine away.

Quanta
#5 Posted : 1/14/2011 9:41:08 PM

I'm not sure

Welcome Ruben, and good luck on your #2 trip Smile

Have a good day, peace
Quanta
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.

physics envy
#6 Posted : 1/14/2011 10:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome, Reuben!

Good luck and safe travels on your journeys with the spice. I came in with a lot of expectations that were not met immediately...and I've read of several others with similar experiences...so you're not alone. I think the Strassman studies used VERY high doses if I remember right.

Have fun!
Salvia quid enthusiast

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 1/15/2011 2:09:36 AM

John Murdoch IV

RubensVu wrote:
Ya, not my real name Very happy

Quote:

Ya thats why i said semi-fail Laughing . I just hoped for a breakthrough the very first time. I'm about 99.9999 sure Wink that it was the smoking method. I only had a normal bowl and toked using the sammich method. I'll head over to my brother's place and make another attempt while using his bong.

I've had years of experience with psychedelics Endlessness, just new to spice. I recently watched The Spirit Molecule and had really built up a huge expectation. I'm not worried about it, just was disappointed at the time.

Happily looking forward to session #2. Thanks for your insight guys, & thanks for give us all such a great place to congregate.

You should try not to have any expectations.
But I promise if you keep smoking and fixing your smoking method your expectations will be a joke to you when you experience the full power of the molecule.
You are not able to expect with your normal mind what DMT can show you.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

RubensVu
#8 Posted : 1/17/2011 5:00:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks again, attempt 2 will be Wednesday night. Very happy I'll be sure to post a report after my first breakthrough, whenever that may be
before we pine away.