We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Here's my first post. Options

ididit
#1 Posted : 1/11/2011 11:07:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From one point of view or another, to me, almost everything in life is interesting. DMT is certainly not an exception to that rule.

My first steps into Hyperspace have intrigued me greatly, and I want to give back to the community that has made taking these steps such a joy. From answering the questions I had regarding extraction, to easing my anxieties over entering Hyperspace for the first time, the Nexus has been integral to my positive experience with this chemical. This conglomeration of people and ideas is truly amazing. As far as an introduction is concerned, I feel like I have a few pertinent points to cover, but other than that, I'll let who I am emerge as I expand my involvement with the Nexus.

My exploration of the mental frontier only began to involve foreign compounds in the recent years, but my curiosity towards the workings of consciousness has existed since I became capable of rational thought (I like to think I'm capable of rational thought, anyway.) Even though I tried to approach DMT with a completely open mind, I came out of my first experiences simultaneously realizing that I went in with expectations and that my expectations were off the mark. All the same, what I have experienced has me thoroughly intrigued and wanting more.

I look forward to contributing both questions and suggestions to the Nexian community.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 1/12/2011 12:00:54 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Welcome to The Nexus ididit. I've got to say your introduction hit me the same way your first dose of DMT hit you, . . . "intrigued and wanting more." Very happy . For example, I'm really curious about the expectations that you learned you had, what they were and how/why you discovered them to be off the mark after your journey to Hyperspace. I am endlessly fascinated by DMT and always like to hear from new people, especially first impressions. I look forward to reading future posts from you.

Again, a hearty welcome!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ididit
#3 Posted : 1/12/2011 1:56:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome, Pandora.

As I'm sure you can imagine, the subject is challenging to effectively put into words, but I'll try to explain what I meant about prior expectations.

In hindsight of my voyages, I realized that I had subconsciously prepared for a greatly reduced capacity for reasonable thought. I think I was expecting sensory overload to reduce me to the basics of logic. What particularly caught me off guard was the complex level of thought that I was capable of while in Hyperspace; I could (and did) think "I am sitting in my bed experiencing this" while I was concurrently conscious of a different (and extremely bizarre) set of surroundings.

Is a truly mind-bending and ego-reducing level of intensity based on real world dosage, technique, and setting, or is it instigated through interactions in, and familiarity with, Hyperspace?

Pandora
#4 Posted : 1/12/2011 2:23:13 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

ididit wrote:
In hindsight of my voyages, I realized that I had subconsciously prepared for a greatly reduced capacity for reasonable thought. I think I was expecting sensory overload to reduce me to the basics of logic. What particularly caught me off guard was the complex level of thought that I was capable of while in Hyperspace; I could (and did) think "I am sitting in my bed experiencing this" while I was concurrently conscious of a different (and extremely bizarre) set of surroundings.

Yeah, I get that too a lot of the times - I call it the "scientist-observer" effect, . . . because that's what it feels like when I'm there. But, at higher doses, I frequently get, literally, blown away.

ididit wrote:
Is a truly mind-bending and ego-reducing level of intensity based on real world dosage, technique, and setting, or is it instigated through interactions in, and familiarity with, Hyperspace?

I suspect that many others will have more to say on this than I. But, personally, to me it seems as if it is mainly the former with a bit of the latter playing into it. Not a lot on the latter due to the, "it is different every time" effect that I experience.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ididit
#5 Posted : 1/12/2011 2:52:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the attention, Pandora.

By calling it the "scientist-observer" effect, you have clearly contracted my entire paragraph into three words, and I appreciate it.

Nervousness and excitement surround my thoughts on the implications of one of these ego-shattering experiences. I'm doing my best to always give the setting and my mindset the respect they are due.

ragabr
#6 Posted : 1/12/2011 4:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, ididit, looking forward to seeing more of you around.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Wave Rider
#7 Posted : 1/13/2011 11:29:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As fellow newbie, I do not wish to hi-jack your post (nor would I if I were not a newbie), but I also find the term "Scientist Observer Effect" to be quite apt. I do not recall reading this in the Lexicon - should it be there?

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

endlessness
#8 Posted : 1/13/2011 11:38:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, ididit!

If you dont mind me asking, what other psychedelics have you taken? Did you try (or have any interest in) oral dmt?

ididit
#9 Posted : 1/16/2011 1:09:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wave Rider, I don't consider such a statement a "hijack" in the least. This "Scientist Observer Effect" has been a significant aspect of all of my DMT voyages thus far; if this is a phenomenon that a large number of Nexians experience, then I would think the possibility for additional entry in the Lexicon should be visited.

Thanks for the welcome, endlessness. My résumé of compounds consists of three 4-aco-dmt experiences (18mg, 22mg, and 24mg of salt)and a 24mg 2c-e dosing. In all of these adventures, pure recreation has usurped the potential for meta-thought. Because of this, I have yet to really explore my mind, but it's only a matter of time before I remedy this shame. Also, while I've certainly found the subject of oral DMT interesting, I haven't pursued the process (it's because I'm a little scared of the vomiting that I think is involved.) Would you recommend I revisit the topic?