We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lots of questions! Options

TravisH997
#1 Posted : 1/11/2011 3:27:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been interested in trying DMT for a while now and have finally decided it's time to act on it Smile

I plan on ordering 250g of Mimosa Hostilis bark for the extraction. I've been reading and I'd really like to make pharmahuasca instead of ayahuasca or simply smoking/vaporizing the final product. Is Syrian Rue the best MAOI to use for pharma? I ask because the site I plan on ordering from has some GREAT deals on Syrian Rue seeds right now that I'd like to take advantage of. And if it is a good choice, how much should I order? I'd like to use around half of the DMT for pharma and the other half for smoking/vaporizing, so basically how much Syrian Rue seed would be needed for around 125g of Mimosa Hostilis?

And what is the best way to take the Syrian Rue and pure DMT so as to avoid nausea? I've been looking around and haven't really found any concrete methods that have little to no nausea. It isn't a must, I'd just rather avoid the experience.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 1/11/2011 4:24:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Although I use syrian rue, I feel like most of the folks here prefer caapi. That's why I just ordered my first batch the other day Wink If you want to avoid nausea with the syrian rue though, you'll have to do an extract on it to extract the harmalas. You only need 3g of ground up syrian rue (which is what I use, I don't avoid the nausea) or 200mg of harmalas. Dunno what that translates in terms of how much to get. Also with pharma, if you wanna avoid the nausea, word is to make DMT-fumarate as the salt form is less nauseating. Personally since I haven't gotten around to making my experience nausea-proof, I like to go all out on the nausea to make it easier to puke cause there's nothing worse than being nauseous but not enough to puke. That's what happened to me with my ayahuasca experience and I'd like to avoid that scenario again.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

q21q21
#3 Posted : 1/11/2011 8:05:08 AM

SWIM

While the majority of the nexus seems to prefer caapi over syrian rue, a simple food-safe extraction can be done to seperate the harmine from the harmaline from the rue. This is useful since caapi is mostly harmine with THH and tiny bits of harmaline while syrian rue is also high in harmine, it has quite a bit of harmaline and other stuff that... doesn't work well with your body.

Harmaline is very sedative and somewhat "stoning" while harmine is clear and slightly psychedelic feeling.
While SWIM's experience with pharma is not huge, he has combined sublingual and oral harmalas with smoked DMT numerous times to extend the experience
Plain harmine is by far his favorite. It is mildly sedating, somewhat calming and seems to add to the visuals
Harmaline gives him a slight headache and has more of a body load, though does extend the experience and visuals like harmine.

The extraction is here
SWIM does it with 1 variation which he finds makes it much easier.
- He does not grind the seeds but rather gives them a hearty boil and just sifts the seeds out instead of filtering a massive mess of viscous ground seeds.
Filtering the boiled seeds is the most annoying thing SWIM has done in any extraction, this avoids it and makes the process quite enjoyable for him.
Also don't let the PH readings with 2 decimal places scare you, the separation with just adding baking soda works great.

Hope this helps
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Ljosalfar
#4 Posted : 1/11/2011 9:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
- He does not grind the seeds but rather gives them a hearty boil and just sifts the seeds out instead of filtering a massive mess of viscous ground seeds.

Right on! q21x2, what are the yields, if I may ask?
And related... what is the heat tolerance of harmalas? Can SWIY see any benefits/drawbacks in using a pressure cooker!?
Thanks,
L

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

endlessness
#5 Posted : 1/11/2011 10:37:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive once made a side by side extraction with grinded seeds and non-grinded seeds.. Non-grinded seeds had a way worse yield, even after extended boiling, and personally I didnt find the filtering to be that much better, but I can only talk about myself, do as you feel is good..

Harmalas in salt form can stand extended boiling no problem at all, dont worry about that (think about how ayahuasca is traditinally boiled for many many hours)

physics envy
#6 Posted : 1/11/2011 12:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Travis - I used ginger powder to reduce the nausea yesterday, and I think it worked well. I used 1000mg ginger powder (per 69ron) about 15 minutes prior to drinking 4 grams of finely ground syrian rue seeds in warm water. Although I haven't tried it without the ginger, the nausea was pretty mild and very tolerable. No purges, and the nausea was gone about 1-1.5 hours after drinking. Good Luck!!!
Salvia quid enthusiast

q21q21
#7 Posted : 1/11/2011 5:54:25 PM

SWIM

Ljosalfar wrote:
q21q21 wrote:

Right on! q21x2, what are the yields, if I may ask?
And related... what is the heat tolerance of harmalas? Can SWIY see any benefits/drawbacks in using a pressure cooker!?
Thanks,
L

SWIM's has only done the extractions 6 times and gotten yields from 1%-2.75%. The 1 time he used whole seeds he got about 2% and he only once got higher than that with ground seeds, but 4 other times got the same or lower with the ground seeds.

There are reports of a lot higher yields than that, maybe SWIM's seeds are poor quality but even if the yield wasn't the same but rather half of the yield compared to ground seeds SWIM would still prefer to not grind the seeds for the easier filtration.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

gibran2
#8 Posted : 1/11/2011 10:03:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Regarding all the talk about yields from a rue extraction, I used the same TEK I use for caapi alkaloid extraction and got a very nice yield of 7%.

I boiled whole seeds (5 x 30 minutes I think), poured the clear liquid through a sieve into a collection pot (returning any stray seeds to the first pot) and then reduced the collected liquid to a manageable volume.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 1/11/2011 10:44:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

without manske, gibran? meaning you didnt separate isoquizanoline (sp?) alks, right? So its not 7% harmalas.. Or you did separate?

gibran2
#10 Posted : 1/11/2011 11:17:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
without manske, gibran? meaning you didnt separate isoquizanoline (sp?) alks, right? So its not 7% harmalas.. Or you did separate?

That yield was from a full-spectrum extraction. No Manske.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.