We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Has anyone used leaves? Options

Tropical
#1 Posted : 1/10/2011 3:28:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried extracting from Iboga leaves? if they contain any good stuff, there is huge advantage for the home grower.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 1/10/2011 4:09:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the leaves contain only trace amount of alkaloids. I think it would be more feasible to grow a few plants at the same time and harvest their roots a few years down the line as oppose to their leaves. Can't say this with a large degree of certainty, but it's the inner layer of root bark where all the alkaloids are concentrated.

Leaves have been used successfully in changa mixes though, so they do seem to be active:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=13331

Tropical
#3 Posted : 1/10/2011 7:25:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yes, i have read of their use in changa, which got me interested. in my situation i can grow them in the ground, but i think most people on related boards are too cold to do that and are restricted to pots...which isnt great if root harvests are the goal. kind of like trying to grow mimosa in pots and getting good quantities of spice...not easy.

have you ever tried leaf extracts?

ouro
#4 Posted : 1/16/2011 9:49:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In a UK documentary where a journalist goes to Gabon and does the bwiti initiation, they show people eating raw leaves, and mixing cut leaves with forest honey just prior to eating a flood dose of roots. That means they are at least safe to try.