We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Another pair of rogue eyes Options

WizardInBlack
#1 Posted : 1/10/2011 3:59:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was to introduce myself and my ambitions to this (fine) community, and I'm sitting here, writing in the middle of night, wondering what the hell I'm supposed to write. Confused

I think I've already decided I'm gonna throw out the whole this-is-my-life's-story-in-a-forum-post angle and just write what comes to mind. Smile

After having pushed the boundaries on pretty much every level of my life, I guess it was inevitable for me to come in contact with the (arguably) most revered tryptamine family of all.
A couple of years ago, I had a problem with opiates (buprenorphine to be specific), it was only after a very enlightening, albeit traumatic experience with another tryptamine I found the idea of leaving that part of me behind a new path in which I started to see myself and the people I love in a new light. Well, light is a pretty contrived term, it actually proved to rear its presence in my rather mundane lifestyle by sound. Specifically a very loud hum and then a wall of cascading jitter endogenously penetrating and deflating my bloated apathy and lethargy.

Any way, after this experience I became obsessed with the idea of dormant inner knowledge, and a friend of mine introduced me to the legendary ayahuasca (although I never did engage in any experience at that time, and haven't since then) which led me to research one of the primary constituents of this sacrament.
One thing led to another, and soon I found myself performing a crude A/B extraction (although I definitely should have done a LOT more research) from MHRB with very much acceptable results indeed. Very happy

The results of this experiment of mine would prove to be a little more profound than I had first anticipated.

I hate to admit it, but my primary reason for finally registering here after a longer period of observing was to gain more knowledge on the chemical side of things (not necessarily concerning DMT, but for the sake of being straight, let's say I did.) as well as contributing, and I am currently planning a larger and a lot more serious extraction and thought it would be a good idea to try and get in touch with people I can ask for advice and also share information and knowledge concerning the procedure and results of my future experiments.

These days, no synthetic or otherwise organic substances particularly tickles my fancy (aside from the ol' herb Smile) and I intend to keep it that way, I've had enough of dependency, physical, psychological or otherwise and try to steer clear from alcohol as well.

In truth, I would be much more inclined not to go the freebasing route, but, like many, I feel I do not want to walk that road on my own or with people who are not really connected with themselves in the way I feel it necessary. So, needless to say, it might be naïve of me to be chasing enlightenment or whatever you want to call it through means of monoaminic alkaloids, but if I have to pay for that in whatever way, I will.

I do have experience freebasing, where I've had two pleasant experiences with very intense OEVs and one very high dose which triggered what I interpret as what many call a "breakthrough". Nothing could have prepared me for the vast amounts of information that radiated through my poor synapses. Embarrased

It is probably worth mentioning I am also one of many sufferers of aspergers syndrome, and that experience in particular gave me a lot of hope and belief in myself, as well as constructive endeogenic criticism to my behavior, personality, outlook on life and mindset. Undoubtedly for the rest of my days here, which, in itself is as much a paragonical gift as a curse.

Some part of me kind of fears I might be playing with fire, but at the same time, a burnt child does not shun the fire, but is somehow drawn to it, like a moth.

Either way, I'm looking forward to further expanding my knowledge not just concerning tryptamines I have known and loved (ha, see what I did there? Smile) but also hoping for a mutual good-spirited and supportive inquisitiveness I feel I now have for my little blip of an existence. Wink

I feel humble, open and will most definitely skulk around this forum a lot more than I would ever give it credit for.

Oh well, enough with the words...

Cheers to those of you reading this (as well as those not), I wish you all the best in your future endeavours! Smile
The wizard in black reveals the sign
Alone once again, into the void

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/10/2011 10:54:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I appreciate your intro essay Smile Congrats on overcoming your addiction and steering away from damaging substances!

If you dont mind sharing, which tryptamine was it that helped you with that? Also did you take any other oral psychedelics?

Just to clarify here but, when you mention you would rather not go the freebasing route, does that mean you would like to ingest dmt orally but dont want to do on your own and cant find the right people to do it with?

I think you should definitely follow your own feelings about it and if you preffer not to do it, dont.. In any case I will say that oral dmt is a very very special experience and lends itself to a great deal of instrospection and insights that one can use for self-development. If you at any point do consider, just start low and you should be fine I think caapi is a good way to go forward. First brew caapi-only, around 40g, and see how that goes for you. Only once you find your right caapi dosage (feeling light-moderate effects, headspace, a bit altered vision/dilated pupils, but not losing too much balance or being overwhelming/incapacitating), then you can start adding the dmt admixture in the next brews, in small amounts (say 1-2g mimosa or 30mg dmt or 30g chacruna).

Anyways, whatever path you do take, I wish you good luck! Do stick around, I'll be glad to see you become a part of this community Smile

Enoon
#3 Posted : 1/10/2011 12:10:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Welcome to the nexus, Wizard.

I really enjoyed your intro essay. Your style of writing appealed to me Smile I hope to hear more from you!
I'm also interested to hear what tryptamine helped you get over your problems.

I understand the desire to not go at these experiences alone, but sometimes there just seems to be no alternative. Personally I do all my journeys alone, and sometimes it's frightening, but I find it better this way than with the wrong people. Also there's a different quality to solo trips - just make sure the dosage is safe and you can handle it, so start low as endless suggested.
Also, consider using caapi extract instead of a brew. This way you'll know better how much you are actually ingesting. Though I suppose opinions vary on this topic. I'm a big fan of extractions and extracts, so this is my preferred rout. But it is definitely recommended to try the harmalas out on their own first, whichever form you decide to take them in.

I wish you the best in this adventure called life.

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

WizardInBlack
#4 Posted : 1/10/2011 2:11:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

I appreciate your intro essay Smile Congrats on overcoming your addiction and steering away from damaging substances!

If you dont mind sharing, which tryptamine was it that helped you with that? Also did you take any other oral psychedelics?

Hey, thanks! Smile
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.
It was a rather high dose of Copelandia Cyanescens (i.e. psilocybin) that gave me the shove in the 'right' direction I needed.

I have tried most of the street drugs you can get a hold of in my area, and aside from opiates I really never fell for stimulants or any other substances that have the potential to cause dependency. I finally got fed up with buying mall weed and ordered salvia divinorum, DXM and some other less and more famous substances that were no good pieces of shit (excuse my french). However, I have also tried LSA and its more famous synthetic cousin several times, but they were mostly perceptive and/or affected my mood, not really giving me any further insight.
I wouldn't say I was disappointed after trying LSD, but honestly, I pretty much went "that's it?" after 4 of these. Don't get me wrong, shifting colors and shapes morphing is fun and all, but I was expecting something else. On the other hand, I did get on a pretty high dose the first time, with inexperienced people. It got kind of crazy. Confused

I have also tried dropping a smaller threshold dose of another type of blotter alone once.
I ended up listening to the same song (Old Man Gloom - Zozobra) on repeat for hours and hours and no matter how it seems or looked or whatever, I felt like I was really on to something that time. Shortly after that I started my first A/B extraction.

The shrooms were a lot more rewarding. Rolling eyes

endlessness wrote:
Just to clarify here but, when you mention you would rather not go the freebasing route, does that mean you would like to ingest dmt orally but dont want to do on your own and cant find the right people to do it with?

Yeah, sorry about that, I guess I have a habit of being terminally ambiguous when writing. I do indeed wish to go the oral route (can't help but grin a little to that Very happy), but after sitting for the aforementioned friend (and some other people) out in the woods in one of the northernmost parts of the world and experiencing the passive side of the brew (he made), I realized I wish to wait and explore the possibilities of me going that way with the 'right' people.

endlessness wrote:
I think you should definitely follow your own feelings about it and if you preffer not to do it, dont.. In any case I will say that oral dmt is a very very special experience and lends itself to a great deal of instrospection and insights that one can use for self-development. If you at any point do consider, just start low and you should be fine I think caapi is a good way to go forward. First brew caapi-only, around 40g, and see how that goes for you. Only once you find your right caapi dosage (feeling light-moderate effects, headspace, a bit altered vision/dilated pupils, but not losing too much balance or being overwhelming/incapacitating), then you can start adding the dmt admixture in the next brews, in small amounts (say 1-2g mimosa or 30mg dmt or 30g chacruna).

I've considered trying caapi for some time now, and when I order MHRB again, I will probably order some caapi, thanks again, I appreciate the pointers. Smile

Enoon wrote:
I really enjoyed your intro essay. Your style of writing appealed to me Smile

Thanks, I was really tired and frustrated with not being able to sleep. Writing usually helps facilitate some kind of fatigue, so I try to make an effort. Smile

Enoon wrote:
I understand the desire to not go at these experiences alone, but sometimes there just seems to be no alternative. Personally I do all my journeys alone, and sometimes it's frightening, but I find it better this way than with the wrong people. Also there's a different quality to solo trips - just make sure the dosage is safe and you can handle it, so start low as endless suggested.
Also, consider using caapi extract instead of a brew. This way you'll know better how much you are actually ingesting. Though I suppose opinions vary on this topic. I'm a big fan of extractions and extracts, so this is my preferred rout. But it is definitely recommended to try the harmalas out on their own first, whichever form you decide to take them in.

I certainly agree on the alone vs. wrong people part. As noted above, I have done some psychedelics and dissociatives on my own with a lot better experiences than if I'd done it with people I'm not comfortable with as a result.
I will definitely do a lot more research into the different ways of consuming spice and/or other things that interest me.
And I will definitely try out some different plants. Wink

Thanks for taking the time, especially so quickly. See you around! Smile

ragabr
#5 Posted : 1/11/2011 3:48:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus! Sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders, I'm glad you've found the community.

Be cool, be well.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

PeaceFrog
#6 Posted : 1/11/2011 8:00:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey there, i happened to join today also and i'm surprised with members. This is a great community.

I really respect you for cleaning up, I have seen just how stressful an addiction is and how difficult it can be to get clean. My neighbor was a heroin addict for a couple years and during one of his tries in rehab he got addicted to methadone. I have seen him kick the dope on a couple of occasions he was terrified of methadone withdrawal. Extremely happy to say that he is clean of all drugs.

I just recently let a binge get out of hand and decided I need a good long break. Failed today but it was from an outside influence, I just need to tell him i'm done.

Congratulations and welcome

WizardInBlack
#7 Posted : 1/11/2011 2:56:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PeaceFrog wrote:
I really respect you for cleaning up, I have seen just how stressful an addiction is and how difficult it can be to get clean. My neighbor was a heroin addict for a couple years and during one of his tries in rehab he got addicted to methadone. I have seen him kick the dope on a couple of occasions he was terrified of methadone withdrawal. Extremely happy to say that he is clean of all drugs.

I just recently let a binge get out of hand and decided I need a good long break. Failed today but it was from an outside influence, I just need to tell him i'm done.

Congratulations and welcome

Kicking opiates is a notoriously stressful venture (almost killed me) and I too let a binge get out of hand almost a year ago (my birthday, actually) and OD:ed on oxy, codeine, tram and some other nasty shit. Alcohol can really fuck me up sometimes, which is why it's very important for me to be aware of what I'm doing, and what for, specifically when I'm out partying or anything to that effect.

I hope everything works out for you, in my mind, there's nothing worse than to be slave under something you effectively hate... Confused

Thanks, have a good one! Smile