We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Most significant experiences of my life (so far) Options

hyperchondriacmusic
#1 Posted : 1/10/2011 2:14:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I just have to say to start off: This is the most spectacular forum site i have ever read. Everyone is so completely genuine that it makes me so happy a community so physically apart can be so mentally together- even more so than some of your friends!

I shared a story with candemonium because I read his story of his LSD trip and it reminded me a lot of mine. But i just wanted to share the meaning that this to say the least... profound experience on LSD brought me and what I think psychedelics bring to the collective consciousness and the reason it helps us with our daily lives.

The main reason I am here is to find out more about this incredible substance DMT. The purpose of it, perhaps can never me found- but its impact and its wealth can always be shared and is always welcomed. Ever since first starting with mushrooms as my first psychedelic substance I have known about DMT and its extreme profound feel. I have come to understand that it is nothing like the nature of any other psychedelic. That one is literally blasted out of your body and into this hyperdimentional space with alien entities which can either be utter bliss or utter hell. I do not think one is ever really ready until they are ready to go through the process of understand to the utmost extent as much as they can and to actually extract this compound. I know I wont be ready for many many year. I am still in college and I believe I have still much to learn about this life and the universe and the truths and the way to integrate these truths to the physical life that we live in. If I am not ready until I am 60... so be it. But it is the journey of bettering ones life that in the end will the ultimate lead to the blissful afterlife that we might all be a part of after our physical depart. (who knows Very happy )

At school I am majoring in Mathematics and Computer Science and minoring in Psychology.

I am also here because my only LSD experience brought me to question everything about my life. It brought me to question if my life that I have lived brought me my impending doom to meaningless after death where I will never be able to live in the spirit world and after I die- I will just die and my consciousness will stop. That after this life I believed the complete truth is that after death is where true freedom and true pleasure exists and here on this physical reality there is only the deception and the false sense that freedom and pleasure exists.

I now believe that this last part is true but i don't believe just by taking this substance that I have stopped myself from the after life experience.

However I am now so extremely well and I believe i know why it was such a bad experience. I think that even when you see all of these "truths" when you are on lucy or any other entheogen they are just mere models and are created to radically change our physical life for the better. Our mind is our own medicine. It is your mind giving you the experience that you need to change. I was watching when the earth stood still last night. Awful overall movie, but i think it has an extremely good message: "It is on the brink of destruction that we change- only on the precipice do we evolve." I think this is the very point of the profound experiences in our minds. To take us to that point so we can change and we can radically change our life so when death comes for us all- we can be free.

- I apologize if this was a bit jumpy and unclear. I took a lot of what I sent to candemonium and just copy and pasted it. Please let me know what you all think about my summaries about psychedelics and the experiences that it gives us!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/10/2011 10:04:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus! I like your intro essay!

I never watched that movie but I must say I agree with how we usually need a big shock to help us evolving, as individuals or as a species. Lets just hope that all the troubles we are going through globally will help us collectively develop a new and more sane way of existing. If not, well, at least us who have gone through a bit of inner development can try to do our best in life, regardless if others do too or not, and eventually have a feeling of satisfaction in our last breath, so that we may die with a clear conscience.

Regarding the ideas about after-life you came up with in LSD, I think later on you nailed it, that its not about interpreting it literally (because we just dont know what happens and honestly, at least to me it doesnt matter), but rather to take the experience as a change in perception which can help our personal evolution and our daily lives. Not exactly this but there's one thread which I like a lot, regarding "what is real and when is it useful to ask this", maybe you'll enjoy reading it.

Hope to see more from you around, I think with your respectful attitude you will blend in with the community quickly Smile

Enoon
#3 Posted : 1/10/2011 12:33:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

welcome hyperchondriacmusic,

The concept of life after death being the true freedom to me is very problematic but also interesting. I think in essence this philosophy leads to a skewed sense of motivation for doing the things we do. Everything becomes only a means to an end, and the end is the end of this existence. But this existence to me seems astonishing and brilliant, despite the negativity that I as an individual feel sometimes. Freedom to me does not come after death, but is found in every moment. Regarding death or the after world as the ultimate goal seems very negating towards life IMO - and life for me is essential and fascinating and maybe only the beginning of something more.
Why is it not enough to find freedom and *light* in every moment, to transcend yourself within this existence, uncompromisingly striving forwards into a greater existence, rather than into non-existence?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter!

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Quanta
#4 Posted : 1/13/2011 9:51:00 PM

I'm not sure

Welcome to the forum Smile

I like your way of thinking and i must say I agree with your thoughts on mankinds evolution.
To be honest i find the word evolution a bit overextended and a bit overused, i find it more fitting to the matter of big changes in human history, not when some goverment decides to move some canons and occupy a state or a country.

I'm not 100% sure if i agree on your thoughts on DMT, even though I probabl should have had more knowlage on DMT before i dived into hyperspace I have to say it was the most forfilling and wonderfull experience I've ever had. I'd say you just need to be in the right state of mind and be happy with yourself

Peace Smile
Quanta
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.

hyperchondriacmusic
#5 Posted : 1/19/2011 12:33:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
welcome hyperchondriacmusic,

The concept of life after death being the true freedom to me is very problematic but also interesting. I think in essence this philosophy leads to a skewed sense of motivation for doing the things we do. Everything becomes only a means to an end, and the end is the end of this existence. Enoon

I completely see what you are saying- If people are to believe that true freedom comes from a sort of realm after death and that our actions and perceptions in this life affect whether we are able to go on towards the life of a "soul" can be problematic in the ways people find their motivation for doing good things in life. People might just do the good things just because they "have" to do them.

This is what the truth in my LSD experience was. Since what I saw has been the most real, profound experience I have ever felt. It has been hard to shake and completely disregard this philosophy. However, as I also said in my post- I know these "truths" are just new models to seek and to further ones understanding of this realm and the possibility of other realms which I believe no one can argue- are to say the least, profound. I am still trying to mold and progress my philosophical view of life in general and what it truly means to search for truth. I know this might be a futile attempt- but the journey has brought be so much insight and so much wisdom, that I cannot go back into the comfort of the social norm and understanding that many people inevitably fall into.

I think that as I as well as the rest of civilization grows older and wiser, our understanding of what comes after death, whether it being life in another realm, or a portal back to this wonderful and mystical life or just merely just death taking us to non existence with no soul or some altered consciousness will bring us a better understanding of this world and the mass unified consciousness that our social norms have dulled us from. I believe that whenever one takes an entheogen the only re-occuring theme that I have felt has been the sense of unity with all matter and especially nature. Which I believe, is there for a reason.

However, believing that this normal realm of existence is not the only realm to live in i dont think takes away from the beauty of our life here more than the actual experience from an entheogen takes away the beauty of our reality in this physical constant that we all seem to live in. It just depends how you integrate your experience to this ordinary reality that we live in. I have always wished I could see the structure of the universe and how this universe came to be. While on lsd- it was so clear, so simple, so mystical but yet so deceiving to the people that have not seen it. I think that is why this experience was so profound

Enoon wrote:

But this existence to me seems astonishing and brilliant, despite the negativity that I as an individual feel sometimes. Freedom to me does not come after death, but is found in every moment.
Enoon

I do have to ask Enoon, do you believe that we are completely free to do every action? In other words do you believe the future can be known? Do we truly have free will?

I completely agree with your stand on living this life to the fullest. However, I believe that if someone experiences truths about "life" after death and someone experiences death by taking these entheogen substances, one inevitably strives to be the best in life- not because you will be damned in the after life, but because one finally experiences what is needed to change, to strive to be a better person and to see how lovely this life is and how useless it is to spread hate and evil. I can only truly speak for myself, but as I talk to more and more people, I believe a lot of people think about this but yet again I can only truly speak for myself.

Thanks for the response and I would love to talk more about this! Sorry it takes me a while to respond. I just started school again and I kind of have to go back to only having limited time to think about these things. Thats why I like break because I can think about this and read all the time!

Much love,

hyperchondriacmusic

Enoon
#6 Posted : 1/19/2011 9:43:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

My studies in physics have taught me one thing about predictability and the future: One can usually predict outcomes of certain events to a certain degree and within the margin of an error. Even the most simplest seeming problems however will always have an error, because it is impossible to take into account all the factors that are affecting a system. This is due to the fact that no system is truly separated from the rest of the world, and the rest of the world is so big that we can't truly simulate it. Considering only classical mechanics one could extrapolate and say that if one had the proper information about the states of all things one could calculate the outcome of any event exactly.

However we also have quantum effects which rely entirely on probability - true chance. There is no way to predict the outcome of the double slit experiment if one is detecting the particle passing through the slits, i.e. there is no way to tell which slit the particle will be detected at. At least according to what I understand of quantum physics that is.

Now you ask, do I believe if the future can be known - my answer is no, I do not. We can conjecture and draw out trajectories, we can say what is likely and what is unlikely. But never exactly what WILL be.

But this is not what freedom is to me.
Freedom to me is the ability to affect my subjective experience, my experiential reality, my perception. And furthermore it is the ability to grasp all possibilities that present themselves, but also to see them first. And finally it is the ability to understand what and who I am from the inside experience, understand all the internal motions and energy-flows and to act out of this state of wholeness and clarity, with no hidden forces limiting my movements.

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Satnam
#7 Posted : 1/19/2011 11:39:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hyperchondriacmusic wrote:
i think it has an extremely good message: "It is on the brink of destruction that we change- only on the precipice do we evolve." I think this is the very point of the profound experiences in our minds. To take us to that point so we can change and we can radically change our life so when death comes for us all- we can be free.

Totally feeling this.
SWIMming in a sea of fear and distress,
keep your more to receive your less
unimpressed by material excess,
love is free, love me, please say yes

Satnam
#8 Posted : 1/19/2011 11:40:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
Now you ask, do I believe if the future can be known - my answer is no, I do not. We can conjecture and draw out trajectories, we can say what is likely and what is unlikely. But never exactly what WILL be.

Very interesting post, all of it. This in particular jumped out at me.

I too do not believe that the future can be predicted, however, I do believe that powerful seers can influence the future to match their predictions, especially if the collective human consciousness buys in.
SWIMming in a sea of fear and distress,
keep your more to receive your less
unimpressed by material excess,
love is free, love me, please say yes