We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ordering from Pedro this time of year Options

bait_
#1 Posted : 1/8/2011 8:28:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

Right now I am working with some bark that just seems to be only good for making dye and not extracting precious compounds. Mad

I was contemplating placing an order from pedro @ adenium and was wondering if this is a good time of the year to order. From my readings, I believe the best time to harvest the roots is during the dry season, and right now in Brazil it is the rainy season.

Has anyone ordered from him this time of year and noticed decreased yields as compared to ordering during the dry months in the southern hemisphere?

Thanks all! Happy traveling!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/8/2011 10:02:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Might I ask where you get the information that mimosa is better harvesting in the dry season? Do you have any source for this ?

Secondly, while in most of Brazil this is the rainy season now, its not exactly so in some parts, for example in the Northeast. In the place where Pedro is from, the drought season does begin to end in december but the rainy season is quite later, more like autumn.. Official statistics say that the month of april is actually the rainiest. So even if this was true that mimosa is better to harvest in drier seasons, you still have time to order Pleased

bait_
#3 Posted : 1/9/2011 1:18:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Confused I guess it's just some information i picked up during reading

http://www.neurosoup.com...ants_containing_dmt.htm

i guess from my readings they say increased stress (as in that caused by the dry season) increases the alkaloid content. but i'm sure there is still probably a bunch of untested theories regarding the production by plants.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/9/2011 10:33:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well yeah, neurosoup is not necessarily the most reliable website out there, and (unless I missed something) it just has a very general quote saying alkaloid content can vary depending on several factors. Its very hard to generalize that a certain type of stress will produce more alkaloid in all plants, it might be true for some, it might be the inverse for some, and it might not affect others. So unless we test a specific stress for a specific plant, we cant really generalize.

Notice im not saying that for sure mimosa alkaloid content doesnt vary with season, I just dont know! I think asking other users if they noticed a difference in yield is a valid question, and if others have something to add, im curious.

From reading about mimosa yields throughout the years, i've never noticed a specially low yield in any season, but I neither really looked into this thoroughly. If I would say my personal feeling (take it as it is, just an opinion), I would say no matter when you get your (good) mimosa, it will still be high-yielding, like 1+%, so that you dont really need to worry.

If there's more info about this, though, dont forget to share Pleased

kephra
#5 Posted : 1/9/2011 4:47:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bait_ wrote:
Has anyone ordered from him this time of year and noticed decreased yields as compared to ordering during the dry months in the southern hemisphere?

For what it's worth, I just got an email from Pedro saying that my shipment of MHRB is going to go out with the next harvest. I will happily report my first yield from this batch, when I get it. Thought this is my first time ordering from him, so I don't really have a control to judge it against. My other extractions were from a batch from plantdyes and my yield was about 0.5%, so I'm hoping Pedro's can better that.
Everything contained in this post is for entertainment purposes only and should in no way be construed as condoning illegal activity or suggesting that I have performed said illegal activity no matter how profound or enlightening said illegal activity may in fact be.

MySmelf
#6 Posted : 1/9/2011 7:30:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is what Heavenly Products says about it:

Quote:
We offer you the best Mimosa Hostilis purple/pink root bark, finely shredded. Purple Pink Mimosa is the highest quality root bark we offer- a step above the Premium. This is because of the time of the harvest season. During the rainy season, the rain washes away a lot of the dyes from the roots. The best time to harvest then is during the dry months for the highest yield. The rainy season in Brazil is January through March so we don't purchase our #P/P during those months and the quality is well worth the extra costs.)

Not sure if its just the dyes that get washed out. Also I saw some show on PBS a while ago about the rain-forest. It said the rivers turn red during the rainy season due to dyes in the roots of some trees. I found that pretty interesting.
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 1/9/2011 10:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if they have any source for the claims? If anybody would like to email them regarding it, please post back any responses...

Also again they dont take in account that Brazil is a very large country and the rain/drought seasons are not the same everywhere. You guys can check for yourself here:

http://clima1.cptec.inpe.br/estacoes/#

The greener, the more precipitation. The tabs on top are seasons. Outono = Autumn, Inverno = Winter, Primavera = Spring and Verão = Summer (consider the seasons are the opposite of the northern hemisphere). The greener the colour, the more precipitation, and redder means more precip... Mimosa's natural area is the Northeast, in the top right-er most corner, those small states. Now compare summer with autumn, and you'll see that while in most places indeed summer has more rain, not in the northeast. In autumn the color in that part of the country is lighter/greener than in summer where its more red...

Another thing to consider is that we are interested in the inner bark where most alks are, and this is protected by a thick outer crust. If you ever tried boiling whole pieces of mimosa you would see that the water has very much difficulty penetrating the inner layers. Once after extended 3x boils of whole pieces I took some pieces out and stripped the layers and the inner layers where not even wet yet! I have a hard time believing that a significant amount of alkaloids are washing out with rain (also from my little biology knowledge I would imagine osmosis would actually make water go in the root, and not out+taking alkaloids with it.... Someone please correct me if im wrong )

In any case im still wondering if anybody has more info regarding evidence of alkaloid content and pluviometric statistics, whether my intuition is right or wrong..

kephra
#8 Posted : 2/9/2011 12:09:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bait_ wrote:
Has anyone ordered from him this time of year and noticed decreased yields as compared to ordering during the dry months in the southern hemisphere?!

kephra wrote:
I will happily report my first yield from this batch, when I get it.

SWIM just finished an extraction from 100g of the batch that Pedro harvested back in the beginning of january using Q21Q21's lime tek #2 and got a yield of 1.2% with four pulls. There's probably a little bit left in the mush, too. Very happy with both the MHRB and the tek - SWIM's highest yield yet. Based on this little bit of anecdotal evidence, I don't believe the timing of the order effects the yield substantially... Or should SWIM have been expecting 2%?

Anyway, sorry for resurrecting this thread, but it seemed like useful info for the OP.
Everything contained in this post is for entertainment purposes only and should in no way be construed as condoning illegal activity or suggesting that I have performed said illegal activity no matter how profound or enlightening said illegal activity may in fact be.

deweeb
#9 Posted : 2/9/2011 4:11:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kephra adding to your resurection , 1.4 ,four pulls as well .

Same harvest as yours . Very happy

endlessness
#10 Posted : 2/9/2011 9:12:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep pulling, do longer pulls after the fourth, make several cycles of mix-let stand before pulling, maybe warm it too.. You'll probably be able to get more out of the bark, keep pulling and freezing separately, dont stop while there is still stuff coming out

kephra
#11 Posted : 2/10/2011 12:01:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness, thank you for the advice - SWIM was about to throw out the mush but the last pull had a hearty precipitation. It definitely seems like pulling again could be worthwhile. When you mention making several cycles of mix are you talking about adding more lime to the existing mix in order to turn more alkaloid salt into freebase?

endlessness
#12 Posted : 2/10/2011 12:22:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem Smile No if you based enough before, it should be enough.

I just mean mixing the solvent with the mimosa/lime mix, letting it separate, and mixing again, letting separate again, etc, until you are tired, and then finally pull it out Very happy (though I never made a dry tek as such but principle should be the same, the more time/contact there is between solvent and plant material, the more the alkaloids will migrate to the solvent layer)

Tell us how it went, if you got more out of the bark! Smile

BathtubSkyPirate
#13 Posted : 2/18/2011 10:10:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is very happy with Pedro. SWIM will make Pedro godfather of his unborn child. Maybe send some woman to Pedro too.

LandOfOz
#14 Posted : 2/19/2011 5:46:41 AM

Oz

Hey i know this is suuuper OT, but every one of you needs to look into the neurosoup fraud.

when the site first came around my girlfriend and i were very confused why anyone would use it over erowid/google/totse/hipforums FFS. lots of bad info, all subjective via the girl, strong bias presented as fact etc.

this is my memory of the events.
flash forward a yeR. poop HITS THE PUBLIC NEWS FLOW AND WE KNOW HER AND HER BF KIDNAPPED, CUT THE BALLS OFF, INJECTED WITH BUG LARVAE, KEPT VERY STRUNG OUT ON HEROIC(LY STUPID) DOSES OF PSYCHEDELICS AND dITCHED IN A FARM FIELD!

to get off these charges, they turned over picard. yes, all of our favorite silo dwelling mad scientist. she also got a guy who was providing info for her website put in jail. turned out the good info about lsd he was giving was due to his being a producer. over 25 years her bf(and her) are responsible for a HUGE portion of the breakdown in lsd and other open, quality, psychedelic chemistry. he has narced for the fbi dea irs and several more departments. he has been burning people for 25 years.... the girl too.

in the words of a shroomery member:

This person is responsible for the fall of Pickard.

this person is responsible for the raid on bouncing bear botanicals.

THIS PERSON IS CANCER IN THE COMMUNITY

THIS PERSON IS A TRAITOR

THIS PERSON SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS

i met 2 guys from BBB once. they were very nice. im sad they cannot give the tea out for free anymore... it was good.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 2/19/2011 8:54:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LandOfOz wrote:
Hey i know this is suuuper OT, but every one of you needs to look into the neurosoup bitch.

when the site first came around my girlfriend and i were very confused why anyone would use it over erowid/google/totse/hipforums for fucks sake. lots of bad info, all subjective via the girl, strong bias presented as fact etc.

this is my memory of the events.
flash forward a yeR. SHIT HITS THE PUBLIC NEWS FLOW AND WE KNOW HER AND HER BF KIDNAPPED, CUT THE BALLS OFF, INJECTED WITH BUG LARVAE, KEPT VERY STRUNG OUT ON HEROIC(LY STUPID) DOSES OF PSYCHEDELICS AND dITCHED IN A FARM FIELD!

to get off these charges, they turned over picard. yes, all of our favorite silo dwelling mad scientist. she also got a guy who was providing info for her website put in jail. turned out the good info about lsd he was giving was due to his being a producer. over 25 years her bf(and her) are responsible for a HUGE portion of the breakdown in lsd and other open, quality, psychedelic chemistry. he has narced for the fbi dea irs and several more departments. he has been burning people for 25 years.... the girl too.

in the words of a shroomery member:

This person is responsible for the fall of Pickard.

this person is responsible for the raid on bouncing bear botanicals.

THIS PERSON IS CANCER IN THE COMMUNITY

THIS PERSON IS A TRAITOR

THIS PERSON SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS

i met 2 guys from BBB once. they were very nice. im sad they cannot give the tea out for free anymore... it was good.

Please watch your language here, I ask you to please edit your post and remove unnecessary curses. There is no need to talk in these terms even if you strongly disagree with her (or anybody else).

Our attitude page specifically says so:

Attitude Page wrote:
• Watch your language - Communication is comprised of not only the explicit but also the implicit messages, which are transmited through choice of words and general tone of speech. We do not want curse words and immature slangs in the nexus! Please use language in a dignified manner.