We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
question about stability of dmt Options

anesthetic
#1 Posted : 1/8/2011 8:25:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

will the potency of DMT degrade over time if left in the natural light or under any light
everything i say is actually about pizza

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/8/2011 10:13:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

do you want it to degrade? and if not, why would it be left for long in natural light?

Shaolin
#3 Posted : 1/9/2011 5:04:39 PM

Stiletto Stoner

^^I think it's a legit question, end.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/9/2011 5:07:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what do you mean? Im asking because, while there might be an answer to it (I would guess dmt isnt specially sensitive to light, more to air/oxidation which is no problem, but I dont know if regarding light it was ever really tested), I find weird in the sense that, why would one have his dmt exposed to light? I mean, isnt it simple enough to just put it in a drawer or fridge or dark vial/wrapped in alu foil or whatever ?

Unless it already happened that they for some reason forgot it in the light for too long.. Though if that had happened with me I would vaporize it just the same Very happy

gammagore
#5 Posted : 1/9/2011 5:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
.. Though if that had happened with me I would vaporize it just the same Very happy

NiceRazz

Swarupa
#6 Posted : 1/9/2011 5:41:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have most of the DMT i've extracted re-Xd into beautiful crystals sitting in a petri dish on my desk, id rather leave them on display as they're beautiful, so i'd like to know if light will degrade it, i think tiny amount of oxygen are getting in as its only a petri dish on top of another one, not necessarily airtight, but it gets exposed to a lot of light

Im more concerned about radiation from the TV/PC monitors than natural light though...

anesthetic
#7 Posted : 1/9/2011 6:34:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
what do you mean? Im asking because, while there might be an answer to it (I would guess dmt isnt specially sensitive to light, more to air/oxidation which is no problem, but I dont know if regarding light it was ever really tested), I find weird in the sense that, why would one have his dmt exposed to light? I mean, isnt it simple enough to just put it in a drawer or fridge or dark vial/wrapped in alu foil or whatever ?

Unless it already happened that they for some reason forgot it in the light for too long.. Though if that had happened with me I would vaporize it just the same Very happy

i would never leave it in the light, but i was just wondering if it would degrade over time if i did accidentally for some reason. thanks for the answers
everything i say is actually about pizza

Global
#8 Posted : 1/9/2011 6:41:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I always store it in the dark, but after lift-off if I'm too incapacitated to put it away, I won't sweat it like the amount of time it spends in the light is gonna do anything. Sometimes I'll even forget it's out, but I don't think it's that big a deal.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

DiMiTriX
#9 Posted : 1/9/2011 11:34:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it will for sure but we don't know how much..consider that plastic colours and almost everiting that is organic will degrade under light,it could happens in months or years,also wood would change under decades of sunlight, same for plastic
Tz'is aná