We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The Man in Blue is out to Get YOU Options

dream_denizen
#1 Posted : 1/8/2011 7:23:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if this topic is appropriate here but I feel it necessary to post something about this.

A friend of mine was driving me to my house a few minutes ago and he was pulled over. Earlier I had given him a substance I wont mention (you should all be aware of it anyway since this is the DMT nexus.) Upon being pulled over, for what I don't know, he was asked to step out of the car. Looking through the rear view mirror I could see he was being searched.
All I could think about was that little capsule I'd given him earlier just for being a good friend. My heart raced because I felt partly responsible for anything incriminating on his person.

Then I was removed from the car and searched. The officer acted kindly, but they seem to play games around here. He told me to go back into the car. Several minutes later my friend emerged from the officers vehicle and started up his car.

He was pulled over for doing donuts in an empty cul de sac when we left our friends house... He was written a citation and has to appear in court. Upon being searched the officer reached into his pocket full of goods and missed it! I'm so thankful nothing crazy happened to him.

I guess this is a lesson that at unexpected times the law can come crashing down on you. So be aware of your rights and watch your back. We are not looked at kindly in this relentless system. Also, maybe something out there is on our side and is tired of seeing good people go down for having entheogens. That sounds a bit hopeful, but hope is all we have.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 1/8/2011 7:57:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Confucious say responsible grownups don't do donuts outside their friends' houses with a pocket full of entheogens.

burnt
#3 Posted : 1/8/2011 10:13:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Regardless its still total bullshit how cops don't even need reasons to search you anymore. They just drag you outta the car and search you whenever they want. Drug dogs the whole lot. Makes me sick.

dream_denizen
#4 Posted : 1/8/2011 12:33:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is pretty ridiculous how cops utilize their power. I've had a few run-ins with the police that ended with horrible outcomes. He should have never been asked to get out of the car. They could have easily questioned him, breathalyzed him, written the ticket and sent him on his way. 'But why not give it a shot? Let's see if these guys have drugs or weapons too. We've got nothing better to do.'

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 1/8/2011 4:17:53 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Confucious say responsible grownups don't do donuts outside their friends' houses with a pocket full of entheogens.

'nuff said
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Big Inhale
#6 Posted : 1/8/2011 5:47:59 PM

The Enlightend One

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Uncle Knucles wrote:

'nuff said
Agreed. Your lucky thats all that happened. Seems like a pretty irresponsible friend to put you in that situation. Please be more careful.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Laban Shrewsbury III
#7 Posted : 1/8/2011 6:07:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Both you and your friend are idiots and a detriment to the interests of decent psychedelics users.

Cops have a responsibility. They protect society from drug-addled morons joyriding in the streets. How are you in any doubt that your friend fit this description?
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

dream_denizen
#8 Posted : 1/8/2011 6:39:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Laban Shrewsbury III wrote:
Both you and your friend are idiots and a detriment to the interests of decent psychedelics users.

Cops have a responsibility. They protect society from drug-addled morons joyriding in the streets. How are you in any doubt that your friend fit this description?

Chill out man. We were not at all "drug- addled" as you put it. When you get a rear wheel drive car and don't do donuts in the first snow, maybe you're the idiot... You've never done anything "idiotic" for pleasure before, my friend? If you own any Hunter S. Thompson books you might as well burn them. Then again being a tight-ass might be your thing. Sometimes you gotta live.

He could have been more careful, but at the time seemed like a good idea. He was not being conscious of the drugs in his pocket. People make mistakes.

Crystalito
#9 Posted : 1/8/2011 11:32:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Approach is half the way Smile While i certainly understand and share the sentiments presented by the majority of the people commenting i think that another approach might be more fruitfull. In a way "The man in Blue is out to Get YOU, if -most of the times- you give some kind of grounds on which he will approach you on". I will attempt to comprise my personal list , my "etiquete" on the subject, feel free to comment.

First of all lets lay on the table that i do not like pleasure and fun, i love them. I have behaved in the past "idioticaly" on many issues, especially when younger where in hindsight i can see that my behavior could have resulted in "injury and/or death". My behavior though was never "drug related" in any sense and generally if there was someone in danger it was solely me. Keep in mind though that all those occurences at the time seemed like brilliant ideas : to tell you the truth ,i never heard anyone going "you know what it would be a reeeeeeeallly baaaad idea right now?" SmileWhy it never involved "drugs"? I think because i am sensitive in the issue: everytime i see on the local news someone obviously fucking up and bringing more bad press (that gets blown out of proportion) i feel...the need to facepalm! Its a tense issue that certainly does not need any more negative press and any more social stigma -and to speak about the people that get involved in "drug news" i dont think they like courts or prisons. The least i can do is try not to get myself involved in something i do not like to see, and if possible influence others in my circle to follow some basic guidlines.

If i drive a car while having anything around:
- I respect traffic laws to the letter. No, i will not pass a red light even if my car is the only remaining car in the whole Earth. Same goes with speed limits and general driving behavior. I keep it picture perfect as if i am on exams for a license
-I abstain from driving under the influence no matter how familiar i am with a substance and its effects and how low the dose was. This is irrespective of the driving distance or locomotion in the road. Also, i wouldnt like to give the faintest hint of suspision should i be stopped randomly for a check.

If i happen to be walking while having anything around:
-I try to be more clear cut than a Conservative politician giving a speech that the elections depend on. Nicely groomed,if i have piercings and earings they can stay in the pocket for a while, tatoos can be hidden and that "fuck da police" T-shirt can stay in the wardrobe.A clear cut appearence can go a long way.
-I always think beforehand what i would do or say if stopped and possible senarions. Sounds
very obsessive but its not, nor it takes lots of time.

Also, i tend to stick to the above, the biggest mistakes start happening when you "have done it a thousand times", as people say familiarity breeds contempt and thats when things go south.

Now, what do i loose from the above? Well, for the 10,20,30 minutes of walking or driving i ..."miss the fun" (?) i could be having by being disorderly. Still i can be disorderly, do idiotic things and amuse myself to death the remaining time when i carry items that even Mother Goose would approve of. What do i gain from the above? I get the gratification of not becoming a "statistic" in any sort of "war on drugs". Also i feel that since i cannot/am not to do anything more to help abolish the status quo on "illegal drugs" i might as well not give "the blue man" the chance to make a posterboy out of me: it would be counterintuitive bashing the status quo in speech but...supporting it in acts even if they are because of my own negligence. An extra bonus to be had is that if one sticks to the above then the chances of contact with the jury/police system are minimised. I hear that lawyers are expensive, courts are not as fun as nightclubs and that in prison the soap is always inexplicably slippery! I dont want to find out myself, i do not want to make things harder for others -or others to facepalm when they see my deeds on tv or paper, nor i want the social stigma associated with an arrest pertaining to illegal psychoactive agents.

Is the above tight-ass? For me its not, i do not feel i miss out on fun when doing it nor i consider it a labor to behave this way when a potential situation calls for it.

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 1/9/2011 12:48:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got to say that it's pretty astounding you would post this expecting to find much support from anybody here. I mean, haven't you noticed that safe, responsible exploration are kind of the watch words of the community?

I don't know what shows a bigger lack of maturity, to be completely honest: that you would put yourselves in that dumb-assed position of becoming a DMT news story, or that you would post it on the CEL page and try to spin it into an anecdote about how the cops so fucked up.

Personally, I think you've earned a Nexus vacation for awhile. I'll run it past the other mods and go with the consensus.

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 1/9/2011 1:10:04 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Laban Shrewsbury III wrote:

I think that there are better ways to get the same message through. This might be a bit too confrontational and when messages are too confronting we tend to dodge them.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

blue_velvet
#12 Posted : 1/9/2011 1:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I could have sworn the OP was not responsible for the confrontation with the police.

Maybe I misread the anecdote and saw what I wanted to see in order to make a point.Rolling eyes

stevowitz
#13 Posted : 1/9/2011 2:51:37 AM

The Dude

The moral of this story is: don't drive with drugs.
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

Pandora
#14 Posted : 1/9/2011 10:45:26 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I am very curious Uncle Knucles. Did the OP get banned for this?

Crystalito - awesome post. Couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes these things just need to be said, even though they seem clear cut or obvious to us "rational free thinkers" Laughing . Thanks.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

endlessness
#15 Posted : 1/9/2011 11:00:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope he wasnt banned.

Good post crystalito Smile

and Laban Shrewsbury III, while I agree that the OP was very irresponsible and a little critical thinking would have showed that they shouldnt be doing that when carrying substances, you need to be more respectful here in the Nexus. Calling people names wont make them change their mind, it will likely just make people defensive, and it ultimately serves nothing except unconstructively releasing your frustrations.

Please respect the attitude we have been working hard to maintain here.

dream_denizen
#16 Posted : 1/10/2011 8:40:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I respect everybody's response on this topic. I figured it might be of use for someone who may have spun away from "safe" habits involving drugs. It's so easy to lose control and sometimes all we need is a reality check. For this I do not expect support from anybody. This post was not necessarily aimed at unjust police activity. Just a quick reminder to the public that officers can take advantage of an individual.

It also seems many are quick to judge. This is something we can all work on, probably for the rest of our lives. I sense an "I'm better than you" attitude here. But reflecting on Plato's account of Socrates, "I am wiser than that man. Neither of us probably knows anything worthwhile; but he thinks he does and does not, and I do not and do not think that I do." (Apology 21d), we can refine our judgment.

To Laban, I apologize for my defensiveness. I appreciate your open view, Crystalito, and believe you left a solid response.

tele
#17 Posted : 1/10/2011 9:18:10 PM
Explorer

One should also consider the attitude of the local police when it comes to these matters. It varies between countries tremendously. In some countries cops are very unpleasant(especially in US, I have visited there and seen this myself), and in others they are just officers protecting the people from problems of the society, who wouldn't even consider searching your pockets unless they are sure that you carry stuff. In other words, there are also police who respect your rights as a human.

Bill Cipher
#18 Posted : 1/10/2011 10:14:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everybody does stupid things at a certain point in their lives - and I'm guessing you're young, as older folks just don't often put themselves in the kind of position you did. Anyway, it's not so much the incident itself that got me to feeling judgemental. Rather, it's that there was NOTHING at all in your recounting of it which indicates that you felt (or feel) even remotely responsible for what happened. Just the opposite, in point of fact: you presented it solely as some kind of warning about the inherent dishonesty of cops - of how we are all in danger of being harrassed at any time without warning.

The truth is that you asked for it, and that your actions have potential consequences for everyone in the community. Cops are cops. They do what they do. And whether or not you like them is immaterial to your story. If you don't want to draw their attention, don't do donuts with drugs in your pocket. If you get arrested with DMT because you've publicly acted like a knucklehead, it's bad for our continued enjoyment of currently legal source materials.

In light of all this, I think your Platonic quote above shows exceptionally bad form. Grow up and accept responsibility for your decisions and your actions.

Lavos
#19 Posted : 1/10/2011 10:16:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah they are out to get you. And you (or friend) obviously forgot that or chose to discard the value of that knowledge. They wear uniforms and get vehicles from the government, to make sure you ain't doing chit you ain't 'supposed' to be.

I don't like 'em a bit. I love getting out there and acting an asshole, actually, a lot of the times it's the only way I know how to be. But, it is far too easy to forget, that 1 or 2 minutes of fucking stupid behavior, can land you in a cell locked away for 2 to 20.

A lot of fun people, like to pretend their fun is an invincible unstoppable force, well, no sir, it's not. They will come and get you. They will treat you like a shitbag. If they ever see you. They ain't taking advantage really are they? you got something illegal, and you think they need a reason to search???? Why, b/c the law says so? The same law(s) that you break daily? It's an enemy plain and simple. If it bothers you get with the art of war. It's all a con game.

Donuts in the snow kickass. Donuts in the snow, with a dash of dmt in the pocket, and a hidden cop, might kick your ass. Tread lightly.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

shishigami
#20 Posted : 1/10/2011 11:00:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I do agree that it sucks that you were searched for doing donuts in fresh snow, I think the only thing to take away from this is that there is no point in giving a police officer a reason to pull you over if you have drugs in the car. For instance I drive one of two cars, one which has a light out. If I have any substance on me I don't take the one with the light out. I doubt I'll be pulled over for it but I don't one them to have a reason to do so. I also don't leave anything on my person if I'm driving, I stick it under the passengers seat or foot rug.

Stay safe and to do so stay smart.

12NEXT