We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Breaking Convention >> A Multidisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Consciousness Options

Kookaburra
#21 Posted : 2/20/2011 11:11:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will be there! My friend is one of the speakers. Smile
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Attention All Shipping
#22 Posted : 3/28/2011 9:30:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this, far too much going on that week. Real shame as it looked great. I'm hoping someone who does get to attend will post a good write-up of it.

Shrabbit420
#23 Posted : 3/28/2011 10:07:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not anywhere near the UK so I wont be able to make it. But I do have a good idea as to spotting each other. Why don't all the fellow nexians where some kind of those silicone wristbands?

“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

Kookaburra
#24 Posted : 3/29/2011 10:23:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend is presenting on Saturday, the Psychedemia paper during the Power panel. She's also the person who is presenting on DMT & the DMT-Nexus the day before that, which I posted about here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=220560

If you're around, I encourage you to talk to her about your opinions, she'd love to hear them. Smile
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

EquaL Observer
#25 Posted : 3/30/2011 12:19:35 PM

Ross

I only wish I could be at all events at once, it will be difficult in some cases to pick and choose. This conference is going to have a massive effect on my future mentality... can hardly humour work & university at the moment Smile
Your depth is your integrity

xibalbaNOW
#26 Posted : 3/30/2011 9:31:32 PM

The Giddy Aunt

The programme looks great and is certainly packed.

But, is it just me, or was anyone else confused to see listings for the Friday night when the dates for this conference were given as 2-3 April? I have only booked accommodation for the nights of the 2nd and 3rd, then to find there is also events on the 1st too. I do not have accommodation for the Friday night as the place i'm staying at Saturday and Sunday is fully booked. Miffed.

Surely the dates should have always been given as 1-3 April?!

Does anyone else feel similarly misled, or is it just me?!

Regardless, I will be coming on Friday (dont want to miss the 7pm screening of the DMT movie!) and will wing it in terms of accom. Hoping to make a quick friend who can share a little floor space or something!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys there.
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

Kookaburra
#27 Posted : 3/30/2011 9:38:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xibalbaNOW wrote:
But, is it just me, or was anyone else confused to see listings for the Friday night when the dates for this conference were given as 2-3 April?

That definitely was confusing... My understanding is that the event grew significantly from the initial planning stages, and events spilled over into the pre-weekend hours.

[EDIT:]

PS, my friend is presenting her Psychedemia paper at 4:10pm on Saturday 4/2, on the "Psychedelics, Power and Authority" panel, Room F. Hope you can make it. Smile

xibalbaNOW
#28 Posted : 4/5/2011 8:50:40 PM

The Giddy Aunt

I just wanted to say how great it was to meet so many of you this weekend. You know who you are. Peace and love to you all. See you next time. x

Kookaburra
#29 Posted : 4/5/2011 8:59:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xibalbaNOW wrote:
I just wanted to say how great it was to meet so many of you this weekend. You know who you are. Peace and love to you all. See you next time. x

For reals. What a weekend! Smile Smile

clouds
#30 Posted : 4/5/2011 9:00:27 PM

Human

if anyone has videos to share they are very much appreciated. Smile

endlessness
#31 Posted : 4/5/2011 9:11:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let's make a collection of the memorable quotes Very happy

"We need to take higher doses!" (Very applauded comment from someone in the audience in the final round of questions to speakers. This person took house's words to heart Very happy)

"We need more chemists"
(Andy Roberts, when asked what he thought was the way to help the future of the psychedelic community)

"Dying is dangerous" (Torsten Passie in his talk, when explaining the differences between modern and traditional societies, how the western world is affraid of the natural experiences such as birth and dying, and how its done in hospitals instead of in other comfortable environments)

xibalbaNOW
#32 Posted : 4/5/2011 9:56:08 PM

The Giddy Aunt

"One man's user cognitive deficit is another man's party" - a panel member on the MDMA debate when responding to Andy Parrots controversial research into the risks of MDMA.

Enoon
#33 Posted : 4/5/2011 10:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

"we need to fucking love each other more!" one of the speakers in room F - talk was titled practical consciousness evolution but wasn't really very practical aside from comments along the lines of the quote... Razz
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

xibalbaNOW
#34 Posted : 4/5/2011 10:22:03 PM

The Giddy Aunt

If anyone has the quote from Casey Hardison as to why he did what he did (Charlotte Marsh gave this quote in her presentation), i'd love to hear it regurgitated here. I didnt write it down since it was quite long and I was convinced i'd find it online. No such luck.

It was a beautiful and eloquent description as to why psychedelic chemists do what they do. I was quite moved when Charlotte read it and i'd love to hear it again!

Limeni
#35 Posted : 4/5/2011 11:54:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"So, why did I do it? There is no single pat answer. The simplest: my love of learning. The veiled: for my ego, for the attention, to feel special, to be loved, etc. The flippant: because I could. With hindsight: civil disobedience, academic and religious freedom in the study of the mind, and an expression of equal rights. The most accurate: my desire to share entheogenesis with others, to wake humanity up from the penumbral dream-world of materialist delusion, to help end the blatant injustice and rape of human dignity that occurs within the context of a “War on (some) Drugs”, to seize the world stage and help create a forum for the cooperative and conscious stewardship of Mother Earth and all her relations."

freecasey.org

Limeni
#36 Posted : 4/6/2011 12:38:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote above found in this article

I just can't tell you what a pleasure it was to meet so many Nexians at the conference. It was such an amazing weekend, to be surrounded by 600 people united in consciousness exploration, to talk to so many of them, to hear such intelligent papers on the history/therapeutic use/brain chemistry/shamanic usage/legal progress etc of entheogenic plants, to discover that fellow Nexians were even more lovely than I had dared to hope!..Embarrased , and to learn in great detail from Infundibulum how to remove the brain from a dead mouse. Confused

A truly great weekend...let's hope there's another.

Enoon
#37 Posted : 4/6/2011 11:31:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

ah yeah, was great to meet you too Limeni.

unfortunately I missed that talk about casey; I heard it was really good. I wish I could remember more the other talks. The ones that stood out the most were the final few talks i.e. Graham Hancock, Thorsten Passie, Rick Doblin - in reverse order of awesomeness. We should keep our eyes pealed for a DVD or online release of some of these talks, but no sooner than in one month, at least this is what one of the organizers said. Admittedly, he said he was probably the worst person to ask about this... anyway, they did tape all of the talks, so maybe we're lucky.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

xibalbaNOW
#38 Posted : 4/6/2011 7:19:31 PM

The Giddy Aunt

Thank you Limeni! I will cherish that quote forever!

Aegle
#39 Posted : 4/6/2011 8:43:14 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Limeni

Thank you so very much for sharing this quote, it brought tears to my eyes... Truly beautiful...

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Limeni
#40 Posted : 4/6/2011 9:56:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha...well, I took xibalbaNOW's request as a direct challenge to track that beautiful quote down. .Cool

Thanks Enoon. I have to say that meeting you was one of the absolute highlights of the whole weekend - you're a very special person.Embarrased .Your whole being just radiates love out into the world (...even after a five mile trek to find lunch).

(sorry...probably should've been a PM, but it had to be said!)

PREV123NEXT