We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
take syrian rue seperately or brew together with mimosa? Options

ninja_boss
#1 Posted : 1/6/2011 1:23:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Are there differences in effects, onset, potency, etc. between the two?

Also, if the rue were to be brewed with the mimosa and then egg whites were used to remove the tannins, would that affect anything?

Thanks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ljosalfar
#2 Posted : 1/6/2011 3:47:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In SWIM's limited experience, drinking rue tea separately is best - about 15-20 minutes apart...
Also, she agrees that it is a good idea to drink just rue to become familiar with it.
3.5 g seeds per dose is enough for MAO inhibition and psycho-activity.

Manske extraction is relatively simple and eliminates most of the more toxic alkaloids vasicine and vasicinone present in rue.
She recommends it, especially for women - the Vs mentioned above are abortifacients, apparently.
Be sure to filter well - cotton cloth doesn't clog as much as filter paper.

L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 1/6/2011 3:51:24 AM

The Great Namah

^ I agree, a rue extract is well worth your time.

Manske then a very quick A/B will produce a very nice extract w/o most of the nasties in rue.

I find drinking rue tea is foul...but then again, I'm not fond of mimosa tea either.

Egg whites will only make the tea slightly more palatable but won't affect potency.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.