We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
I caught fire goddamnit! Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:10:51 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yep - my hand was on fire and it sucked as much as one would imagine.
Being a lab hero i saved the 5g ultimate purity mesc on the plate
It was my hand or my house - one had to get burned
Sucks - i miss my skin, stuck with a zombie hand for a while
Thank god for poppies - and kratom, and kushberry.

Be carefull dudes - even after years of working with solvents - sometimes they can still suprize you.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:14:35 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Oh my, thats not good!

Can you tell what exactly happened so we can learn from your unfortunate mistake?

Let's hope your hands heal;s quickly and isn't mimosa used for skin burns too?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

endlessness
#3 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:20:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah phlux spread some wet mimosa in your hand

and tell us what happened so nobody does the same mistake

wish you a fast recovery!

gammagore
#4 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:21:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh no, thats not good bro.

Sending thoughts of a speedy recovery your way.

Enoon
#5 Posted : 1/5/2011 12:52:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

awwww, hope you get well soon !

*sends positive energy for healing*
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 1/5/2011 3:10:50 PM

The Great Namah

Quote:
Thank god for poppies - and kratom, and kushberry.

Amen, but be careful my friend!

Hope you feel better soon...burns suck... (as an ex-sous chef I have the scars to prove it)
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Shadowman-x
#7 Posted : 1/5/2011 3:59:23 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

phlux the mighty
c: trial by fire

test succeeded!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

actualfactual
#8 Posted : 1/5/2011 4:10:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hope you are better soon man.

Quote:
Being a lab hero i saved the 5g ultimate purity mesc on the plate

always keep your eye on the prize Pleased

ragabr
#9 Posted : 1/5/2011 4:11:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Heal fast phlux!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

fraterS.O.L.
#10 Posted : 1/5/2011 4:36:04 PM

Bill Nye

So how exactly did you catch your hand on fire? How bad are the busrns, 2nd or 3rd degree? i feel your pain as I worked in a kitchen and while cleaning a deep frier spashed 350 F grease on my forearm, effectively removing a nice chunk of skin. I had cleaned thede thousands of times before. all it takes is one slip and BOOM skinless.

Well I hope you heal quickly and as painlessly as possible, and good job on keeping your cool and saving all that mesc. that would've been serious salt on the wound. stay safe
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

Swarupa
#11 Posted : 1/5/2011 5:08:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ouch! I highly recommend both coconut oil & manuka honey for healing burns and to help leave minimal scaring.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 1/5/2011 5:52:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently burned my hand while juggling with cans of near boiling water (for a THP ayahuasca extraction). Not as bad as your experience propably, but it hurt like crazy. So i feel for you. Heal fast.

DiMiTriX
#13 Posted : 1/5/2011 7:31:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it happened to swim a month asgo to both hands and he still has traces of theese burns Rolling eyes
he had bubbles large as tangerines and nuts that the doc cut with a scissor Laughing
be careful.it ignited couse hot vapors went under my cooker and wooom! Wink Embarrased
mummy was so angry about this! lol
Tz'is aná

dumbstruck
#14 Posted : 1/5/2011 10:16:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doh. Typed up a fancy story and post failed. Take two.

I caught myself on fire about a year back myself. I was sterilizing with both IPA and flame, and had numerous damp paper towels about. Of course some IPA dribbled on to my hand, and when I got it near the flame it caught my thumbs and such up. Instinctively I swatted my hand about, sending globules of fire flying and igniting the ideal combination of paper air and alcohol. They went up fast and big! It was my hand or my house, so I spent the next 20 seconds or so using all parts of my body, unprotected, to stamp out the various fires (intense, like slow motion). I am very glad I was in a bathroom with nothing particularly flammable nearby.

Burned off about 2/3rds of the back of my index and middle finger on my right hand, and also a little less than half of my ring finger and thumb. Index and middle fingers lost the lower knuckles completely for a few weeks as it had killed all the loose skin and it fell/crumbled off. I thought my hand was going to heal so I couldn't bend it! Amazing how the body can heal those wrinkles and folds while still in use. Simple bandage and a months time and I was no worse for the experience. Hope things went as well or better on your end, Phlux.

Entertaining thread. What's life without being caught on fire once or twice? Not anything I would want to live, anyway.

Mister_Niles
#15 Posted : 1/6/2011 1:12:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From some of these posts it sounds like a fire extinguisher should be required equipment for any tek that involves a flammable solvent. Even if safety guidelines are followed, accidents can happen. Then there's impatience and that little voice that says stuff like: "If I put this dish with naptha on this heating pad there won't be a spark."
Get better Phlux-, and I'm with endlessness on trying powdered wet MHRB on the wound (depending on severity), but I was wondering if there is a way to sterilize the MHRB first.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Phlux-
#16 Posted : 1/6/2011 6:23:24 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yeah got a good few almond to peacon sized bubbles - so zombie.
its a bit too severe and deep - 3rd degree in spots so im not to keen to test new things on it.
I was gona buy a fire extinguisher a few days ago - just to have around caus i now have an indoor fireplace.

It happened thru my ignorance - i had been up "straktin" a long time - twas 5am or so when i caught fire.
Iv been burned worse before - my passion before entheos was a pyromaniac one - sulphur/zink 50/50 burns hot an fast and takes no prizinors.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

dumbstruck
#17 Posted : 1/6/2011 6:42:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
yeah got a good few almond to peacon sized bubbles - so zombie.

Oh yeah, I had those for a few days too, maybe a little longer. Then they died off and left me missing a really surprisingly deep amount of skin. They healed just wonderfully though, and I pretty much can't tell I ever burned myself. I thought it was so so so so so so bad and that they weren't going to heal and that I had messed them up for life and all this, I would say I thought they were third degree, and what do you know good as new. Little bit of different stressing type effect on some parts, but barely noticeable. You'll be just fine, just make sure to rest it in boiling IPA for at least 6 hours a day Twisted Evil

SpiralNeuroEclipse
#18 Posted : 1/6/2011 7:47:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jesus man! Glad everything turned out ok man. Hope it heals quickly, maybe aloe might help?

DiMiTriX
#19 Posted : 1/6/2011 8:17:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim was temped to try powdered mhrb too but he was healing at surgery so he didn't..now swim skin is so smoooth and peachy!Wink
don't use solvents near to open fire
Tz'is aná

Orion
#20 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

done that many a time, it's a bit scary!
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

123NEXT