We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Big 1 gram crystals...Clear as glass...Not active??? Options

65.Miles.Prower
#1 Posted : 1/4/2011 10:50:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everybody and thank you for taking time to read this. I have nothing but respect for this website and everybody on it. First off let me start by saying that I have used the search bar endlessly and have ready old posts till my eyes bled and I still cant find anything helpful. So I'm hoping one of you “experts” can help me out. And I also would like to say thank you in advance for anyone that is willing to take their time and give their opinion on my predicament.
Well about 12-16 months ago a friend and I had purchased around 5 kilos of Mimosa Hostilis root bark (pre ground up) and extracted a batch of DMT sucessfully. I forget the amount yielded, but it was somewhere around 10 grams maybe. This is what it looked like............

Well unfortunately at the time I was more in charge of getting all the supplies ready, and I was in charge of clean up...I worked during the day and so he did the extractions during the day while I was working...so I never really got to see EXACTLY what he was doing. After we got our ten grams or so of product we put some of the yellow/orange naptha into quart sized mason jars and put them underneath the stairs in my garage to be thrown away...well we forgot about the jars and they ended up sitting there for 12-16 months in temperatures of 20-75 degrees Farenheit. Mostly in the dark but I can't say the jars were in the dark for 100% of the time. Well I was cleaning out the garage a couple days ago and found that one of the jars had an amazing amount of clear/white crystals growing on the bottom of the jar. And the yellow/orange naptha we had put in the jar 12-16 months ago had now almost turned back to a clear liquid with a thin layer of fat (I think) seperated on the top of the clear liquid. As I poured off the liquid I realized that the crystals were stuck to the bottom and were very very dense. Upon removal of the crystals I cleaned them and weighed them and found them to be some of the most beautiful shapes I have ever seen. I have never encountered DMT like this before, only orange/yellow/ off white small crystals that would crumble between your fingers. This stuff was so dense you almost couldn't break it unless you had something hard like a lighter. After drying completely I wanted to try to smoke some to see if it was still active (after being forgotten about for over a year) the problem is this....the crystal doesn't melt into an oil like the yellow/ orange DMT I'm fimiliar with, rather, it just stays on the bowl. Like its too dry to burn. Did I let it sit too long in the jar in my garage? I tried crushing like 50 mg. Into a powder and put that on a bowl and I still didn't get any effects. Then someone told me that it may be so pure that any heat is going to ruin in, and they said it would have to be injected (IV) for it to work. And like I said we just forgot about the jars, its not like we were trying anything special, so if it turns out to be nothing then I won't be upset....ANY ANY ANY advice would be appreciated. Not asking for anything illegal or immoral. Just want some help. Thank you so much. I can post different pictures if needed or whatever. I will be checking every few minutes to see if anybody has posted. Thanks again. 65.Miles.Prower
65.Miles.Prower attached the following image(s):
178.jpg (20kb) downloaded 333 time(s).
208.jpg (324kb) downloaded 322 time(s).
210.jpg (389kb) downloaded 319 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 1/4/2011 10:53:45 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Truly pure DMT should melt and then boil/vaporize at very, very low temperatures:

http://www.erowid.org/ch.../dmt/dmt_chemistry.shtml

Thus, your data strikes me as odd/unusual. Amazing pictures, LOL. Looks like rock candy.

Here's an odd thought - any chance your friend could have been trying to extract/create something other than DMT? You mentioned you were not part of the main part of the extraction . . . .
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

endlessness
#3 Posted : 1/4/2011 10:54:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe lye? dissolve a bit in pure water and check if the pH rises strongly

I would suggest A/B-ing the dark solvent and re-extracting again as it will very possibly have some more dmt

65.Miles.Prower
#4 Posted : 1/4/2011 10:59:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i will try dissolving some in water. i could attach a link if I knew how to do that. not very smart on the computer.

65.Miles.Prower
#5 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:01:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

it just looks a lot like that erowid picture of that fat crystal chunk...got me kind of excited. but let me see what the ph comes out to after dissolving a gram or so in some PH nuetral water.

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:05:00 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

It is hard to believe that it is difficult to crush them. Also, hard to believe that they do not vaporise. And you also say that each chunk weights ~1 gram? With these taken together and just looking at those crystals, I am more inclined to believe that they're some mineral stones/marbles/etc and that someone's playing you a joke.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:09:42 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Infundibulum wrote:
It is hard to believe that it is difficult to crush them. Also, hard to believe that they do not vaporise. And you also say that each chunk weights ~1 gram? With these taken together and just looking at those crystals, I am more inclined to believe that they're some mineral stones/marbles/etc and that someone's playing you a joke.

Hey, two hands on the same belly. Smile

65.Miles.Prower
#8 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:11:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i wish i could say it was a joke. trust me. i live alone with my dogs. nobody knows of my business. there possibly couldn't be anybody that could play a joke on me. my friend moved out of state a week after the last extraction. and since its not DMT...

65.Miles.Prower
#9 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:13:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

picture of it in jar
219.jpg (27kb) downloaded 271 time(s).

Ellis D'Empty
#10 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:25:03 PM

Snirfneblin

So did you try the whole water thing?

http://recycledinc.files.../05/sodium-hydroxide.jpg

Look KINDA like what your showing us...
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:27:05 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

More info we got from this user inside the chat:

* After crushing it, it disolves after a minute in water
* It lowered the PH in the water from "a 10.8 PH to a 9.1 PH"
* The water used was well water
* His "PH meter is calibrated perfectly"

Kind regards,

The Traveler

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:32:46 PM

The Great Namah

Dunno, doesn't sound like dmt at all to me.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

65.Miles.Prower
#13 Posted : 1/4/2011 11:35:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

213.jpg (32kb) downloaded 242 time(s).

Ellis D'Empty
#14 Posted : 1/5/2011 12:30:48 AM

Snirfneblin

You've posted enough pictures, how about some experiments.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

DMTripper
#15 Posted : 1/5/2011 3:19:36 AM

John Murdoch IV

I'm curious what this is and how it came about, but it's definitely not DMT.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Bill Cipher
#16 Posted : 1/5/2011 3:26:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, that looks absolutely nothing like any DMT I've ever seen. Are you sure that didn't come from your discarded meth batch? That's what it looks like, to be honest.

Rivea
#17 Posted : 1/5/2011 3:48:29 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

endlessness wrote:
maybe lye? dissolve a bit in pure water and check if the pH rises strongly

I would suggest A/B-ing the dark solvent and re-extracting again as it will very possibly have some more dmt

Endlessness, I agree. Looking at it immediately made me think: "This looks like lye beads from my chem supplier, not DMT."
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Global
#18 Posted : 1/5/2011 4:05:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

When you try and burn it does it smell like DMT? Also if you've confirmed it is in fact DMT, maybe you should try an oral dose of it to test its activity on that side of the spectrum.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

gibran2
#19 Posted : 1/5/2011 4:37:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

First of all, if you only got 10 grams of DMT from 5 kilos of MHRB, then you probably did something very wrong with your extraction – 5kg of MHRB would ordinarily yield between 40 to 75g of DMT.

Haven’t you done any experimentation at all? C’mon, it isn’t rocket science!

Do the crystals dissolve in water? If yes, then not DMT.

Do they dissolve in vinegar? If no, then not DMT. If yes, when NaOH is added, does the solution turn milky white? If no, then not DMT.

Do the crystals melt at low temperature (100ºC) ? If no, then not DMT.

The crystals you have look nothing like any DMT I’ve ever seen.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Pontos
#20 Posted : 1/5/2011 7:18:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks an awful lot like MgSO4 heptahydrate. Appearance, the lowered pH of the water, plus the shape and size of the crystals seem to indicate this also. If you weigh a sample and then throw it in a very hot 500+(deg. F) oven for like an hour you should be able to measure any loss of mass and then determine the ratio of crystal to water in the matrix (if it is indeed a hydrated crystal like it appears) and then armed with that information start eliminating suspect compounds. This is pretty simple if you have an accurate scale, a small oven safe dish (like a pyrex shot glass and some aluminum foil) and a calculator.

Pontos

P.S. Is it possible your friend jacked your spice?

12NEXT