We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello friends Options

Yasseah
#1 Posted : 1/3/2011 7:25:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm- so I am here to learn about and discuss DMT. Smile I found this site while doing some googling and have found lots of interesting discussions, and I like the attitude.

I'm a musician and a dreamer with perhaps a borderline case of aspergers. My psychedelic forays include mushrooms, LSD and Salvia. Been reading the Erowid experience Vaults for years and DMT has always been sort of a Holy Grail for me. Never thought I'd ever actually come in contact with it though until I was at a party and met someone who approached me about selling me some as if were almost pre-arranged that we did this business. Funny how it always happens that way for me with psychedelics- I never really try to pursue them because sooner or later when the time is right, it'll just pop up right in front of me.

So far I've had one notable experience with DMT(full account here) where I felt I was approached by a buddha-like presence. But I vomited which I think messed with my head a little and I was never really able to let go and let the trance happen. So now I'm trying to learn as much as I can so next time I will be prepared completely(or as prepared as one can be with such things) as far as the method of administering it, setting, etc.

Cool

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Myco
#2 Posted : 1/3/2011 10:46:23 PM

73μ

Welcome to the Nexus Yasseah.
What's your name mean?

A simple extraction of dmt is not difficult and you'll see here why the community discourages buying/selling of said substance(s).

Which "methods of administration" are you considering?
arrive without traveling.

Enoon
#3 Posted : 1/4/2011 1:14:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Welcome Yasseah,

I would also strongly encourage extracting yourself. There is so much to be gained from it besides the substance itself. At the very least it can be a fun process and generally speaking I feel you will invest time and dedication into your surrounding field to establish a positive ground from which to embark upon your voyages. You will begin to establish a relationship to the process you will subject yourself to, a process that might become you...

You will also feel much better about know what you are smoking/ingesting rather than just trusting whoever gave it to you.

I hope your future travels go well.

Much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Yasseah
#4 Posted : 1/8/2011 8:15:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys thanks for the welcome. I will take your advice and look into doing an extraction myself. I guess I assumed it would be a pretty daunting and tedious process.

Myco wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus Yasseah.
What's your name mean?

Which "methods of administration" are you considering?

My name is the catch-phrase of the Creed Shreds vids on Youtube where Scott Stapp frequently yells out "YASSEAH!!"

I was considering administering with a glass vaporizer of some kind.

phortre55
#5 Posted : 1/8/2011 6:18:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

^^^ agreed. I have the impression that the extraction process is reserved for chemistry majors.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 1/8/2011 6:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only as much as making a tea is reserved for professonal chefs Pleased

Yasseah
#7 Posted : 1/8/2011 8:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Only as much as making a tea is reserved for professonal chefs Pleased

Haha. Years ago a friend gave me some root and vine to make Ahayuasca tea, but I was still living with my parents at the time and they found it and read the instructions I'd printed out! Haha.

melange
#8 Posted : 1/8/2011 9:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus, it's a comfy place. :^)

I read your trip report and I would say that was as close to a breakthrough as you could get! Congratulations, sounded like a great experience (except for the pukey part). I would recommend that the next time you try it, use a better way of administering the DMT. I think maybe a bong requires too much air volume for spice. You can make an effective device very cheaply (less than $5, aka "the machine." ) I have had people breakthrough on their very first experience using one. And if you think DMT exploration is in your future (as it suits some more than others), I would agree that extracting your own is very satisfying. And if you do, don't sell it, but gift it to others, as there is no price appropriate for it. Plus you are very likely to be scolded by the elves.

Pandora
#9 Posted : 1/8/2011 10:56:04 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi Yasseah,

I want to also welcome you to the Nexus and jump on the encouragement boat to extract your own. It is not as daunting as it might first appear. There are many easy teks, and some that are 100% food safe. Very happy .

I suspect that the vomiting and problems may lessen or go away if you are using your own extracted material. Not only will you wait until it is as clean and pure as possible (rather than trying to maximize a dirty yield for sellable weight which is likely what the dealer's extractor did, Sad ) but you will know in all levels of your self/consciousness where the material came from and how it was extracted. I find this to be very helpful - just removing this extra doubt, this extra variable . . . .

Again, welcome to the Nexus.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU