We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chacruna brew with fungus.. Throw away? Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 1/3/2011 12:27:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

So I made some separate caapi and chacruna brew a week or two ago, and the caapi I stored in a nice bottle but the chacruna was only one dosage , which I have kept in an open glass in a closet (thinking I would drink soon enough but didnt, big mistake...). It was the last dose of chacruna I had. Today I went to look and it had some fungus on the surface of the liquid (picture attached).

There is nothing (visible) on the bottom, it seems limited to the surface. Is it too risky to remove the surface part, boil it again and drink? I know I can remove it easily manually but maybe that isnt good enough and some traces are there, or toxic substances dissolved in the liquid?

Anybody knows what kind of fungus this is and if it is toxic? It looks like the typical food fungus, white/greenish..
Or should I throw my last chacruna dosage away?
endlessness attached the following image(s):
fungus.JPG (317kb) downloaded 151 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DiMiTriX
#2 Posted : 1/3/2011 12:48:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim thinks you could drink it without any 'direct toxic effect' btw it could be poisonous for your liver or kidneys or maybe carcinogenic stuff..swim doesn't thinks about this but there could be some toxins for sure..i alreasdy eat or drink other times simlar things aniway..with 'apparently' no damages. it seems a common fungus bot who knows about its dangerous?
Tz'is aná

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 1/3/2011 3:07:36 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

If you remove the fungus, and then boil it It theoretically should sterilize it.

If you grow mushrooms, and you have a pressure cooker, You could sterilize with that maybe.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

DiMiTriX
#4 Posted : 1/3/2011 6:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the fungus by itself is not that dangerous couse anyway it will die in the stomach..proble could be the toxins from it thant could be toxic and termoresistant
Tz'is aná

tryptographer
#5 Posted : 1/3/2011 6:53:08 PM

tryptamine photographer

Yes, toxins if present might survive sterilization temp, I wouldn't drink or even extract it! A pity...

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 1/3/2011 7:11:24 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Endlessness, please throw it away. It doesn't seem worth the risk. Fungi can be nasty fuckers and the possibility of it releasing in the medium thermostable toxins is not far fetched. If not anything else, if this fungus can eat chacruna the last thing you want is to have it around to spoil your future brews.

Btw, how does it smell any good? Roquefort-ish maybe?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

MelCat
#7 Posted : 1/3/2011 7:17:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DO NOT Sniff it!!

Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

endlessness
#8 Posted : 1/3/2011 7:22:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn Sad you're right guys, better safe than sorry, thanks for the feedback.

Inf, I had filtered the brew and thrown it away, dont know, but now it smells just of brew and looks perfect. But I wont risk it...

biopsylo
#9 Posted : 1/3/2011 8:10:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm, i wonder if the mold contains (or feeds on) dmt?

DiMiTriX
#10 Posted : 1/3/2011 8:46:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe its just tranformed dmt in something better..Laughing

drink drink drink..! lol no please endless,don't do that..prolly it's not riscky but it doesn't worth the risk Confused
Tz'is aná

Global
#11 Posted : 1/10/2011 5:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

After I had already made ayahuasca, I saved some of the plant material that I thought could still be used to make another drink. I put it in some tupperware and put it away. A week later or so, I retrieve the plant matter and it was absolutely covered in this white dense fungus. I had a similar thought to just scrape those parts away, but I figured it wasn't worth the risk in any way shape or form and just threw it out.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb