We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction I guess. Options

Reziigrene
#1 Posted : 1/2/2011 9:36:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

'sup guys.

I'm a philosophy/political science double major with a law concentration. I'm starting my Junior year at my university in a little over a week, and I'm not particularly looking forward to going back. It's not the classes, it's the evil, soul-sucking school itself. Existentialism this semester, woo!

The only drug I'm familiar with is weed, and I love it.

I'm really looking forward to getting myself expanded. So long as DMT doesn't blow my mind to the point that everything I've done to get where I am is wasted, I'll be happy.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 1/2/2011 9:42:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It will blow your mind beyond anything you could possibly ever imagine. Whether or not that's a good thing for you will depend on your malleability.

Reziigrene
#3 Posted : 1/2/2011 9:47:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not expecting it to ruin any of my plans for the future. I'm a fairly grounded guy, and it takes a lot to sway me one way or the other. I love learning new things and the general adventure gaining new knowledge tends to be; from what I've read, this is the only way to possibly know everything at the same time.

That's what I'm excited for. I just want to... know.

Enoon
#4 Posted : 1/2/2011 10:45:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

hey Reziigrene,

so what are your plans concerning the spice? Have you extracted yet and which method of administration are you thinking about?
Psychedelics will change your perspective on many things. But if you are where you want to be anyway why would they or you want to ruin your plans after taking them? They will certainly show you some new things, and maybe some old things as well... As far as knowing goes, well I just don't know Smile
My suspicion is knowledge is ephemeral and subjective, more so than we think. And what you do know is not always useful depending on the reality tunnel you find yourself in.

I hope your explorations go well in any case! It's an adventure, this life, every second of it.

happy travels,
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Reziigrene
#5 Posted : 1/3/2011 7:41:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Used the Big Leisurely AB, injesting it. Go big or go home.

ragabr
#6 Posted : 1/3/2011 5:46:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus.

Reziigrene wrote:
Go big or go home.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Bill Cipher
#7 Posted : 1/3/2011 5:57:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Reziigrene wrote:
Go big or go home.

Uh, yeah... That's a pretty ill advised mindset to start with, but I wish you the best of luck. Just be careful what you wish for. You have no idea what you're fucking with.

Guagua
#8 Posted : 1/3/2011 11:25:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Uh, yeah... That's a pretty ill advised mindset to start with, but I wish you the best of luck. Just be careful what you wish for. You have no idea what you're fucking with.
:O haha agreed.

Quote:
I'm not expecting it to ruin any of my plans for the future. I'm a fairly grounded guy, and it takes a lot to sway me one way or the other.

i wouldnt have too many expectations of it period.

Welcome to the Nexus!
Quetzalcoatl supreme letting off steam, Dimethyltryptamine make a man dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6HVNuJD64

InfiniteFacticity
#9 Posted : 1/3/2011 11:43:34 PM

just curious

Reziigrene wrote:
I'm not expecting it to ruin any of my plans for the future. I'm a fairly grounded guy, and it takes a lot to sway me one way or the other.

To be honest, your grounded nature could work against you. SWIM would also consider themselves a grounded individual, and that made it very difficult to let go of reality and ego, which IMHO is the key to a successful spice-induced journey.

Then once the trip is over, integration becomes the most important step, and again, if you demand some kind of certainty/objective facts to ground yourself in, this can be difficult. The spice will show you and make you feel impossible things, and IMHO it is best to meet it with an open mind, not one grounded in assumptions and beliefs.

I'm presuming that you mean you have a firm grasp of "reality". If this is a misrepresentation of what you meant by "a fairly grounded guy", then ignore this post.

PS
Welcome to DMT-Nexus

PPS
Also a philosophy major with law school aspirations, and I just took Existentialism last semester...loved it. Good luck to you, and revel in the genius of Kirkegaard, Nietzsche, Sartre, Camus, et. al. They will truly expand your mind if you converse with them. (figuratively, of course)

Reziigrene
#10 Posted : 1/4/2011 2:36:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

InfiniteFacticity wrote:
Reziigrene wrote:

To be honest, your grounded nature could work against you. SWIM would also consider themselves a grounded individual, and that made it very difficult to let go of reality and ego, which IMHO is the key to a successful spice-induced journey.

Then once the trip is over, integration becomes the most important step, and again, if you demand some kind of certainty/objective facts to ground yourself in, this can be difficult. The spice will show you and make you feel impossible things, and IMHO it is best to meet it with an open mind, not one grounded in assumptions and beliefs.

I'm presuming that you mean you have a firm grasp of "reality". If this is a misrepresentation of what you meant by "a fairly grounded guy", then ignore this post.

PS
Welcome to DMT-Nexus

PPS
Also a philosophy major with law school aspirations, and I just took Existentialism last semester...loved it. Good luck to you, and revel in the genius of Kirkegaard, Nietzsche, Sartre, Camus, et. al. They will truly expand your mind if you converse with them. (figuratively, of course)

My professor actually wrote his master's thesis on Kirkegaard, so I'm thinking that class is going to be awesome. I took Logic with him, and he's the first legitimate, classically trained philosopher I've met.

On a side note, "go big or go home" is just a general rule I have; I don't mean I'm going to be downing a pound and a half of DMT, I mean that I'd rather ingest it and go for a longer ride than "try it out" and smoke it. It'll be me and three other folks going on a little road trip.

On a tangent, Morrison just scored a sick laces strike.

Ellis D'Empty
#11 Posted : 1/4/2011 3:09:06 AM

Snirfneblin

Welcome to the Nexus.
As stated before, be careful, but don't be scared Smile It's not "bad" it's just "intense".
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

SpiralNeuroEclipse
#12 Posted : 1/4/2011 7:18:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would highly reccomend going with the smoking route first.

Go big or go home is a product of your ego. Also sounds like the last words of many men who have come before you.

It would be a very wise thing to test the waters before you jump in, if you want a good experience that is. There is absolutely no negative to testing the waters first, other than a hurt ego, which is really the objective of psychedelics.

DMT is EXTREMELY intense. The people on this forum writing in this thread really are trying to help you.

I can GUARANTEE 100% that if you try smoking it first you will log onto these forums and thank us prefusely for reccomending against the oral route your first time. There is absolutely no rush.

Be careful man!