We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
two questions, one on re-x and one other. . . . Options

monty p
#1 Posted : 12/31/2010 5:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My cat has a couple of questions;

Now i know there is a lot of variables in this question but, roughly how much ( % ) in weight would one expect to lose when doing a simple naptha re-x on some reasonably clean freeze percip'd spice?

Also, does anyone know if cling film is safe to use with lye/naptha?
I have a perfect large jar for extractions but it is a bit leaky, i have tested using a layer of cling film under the lid with water and it works perfectly but im unsure if the lye/naptha mix will melt it!

Thanks!! Smile
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves" Bill Hicks.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/31/2010 6:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont use cling film with lye/naphtha. If your top doesnt close perfectly, then simply dont shake(which you shouldnt anyways) or turn upside down.. Mix by stirring with inert object.

And as for percentage, I would say you could lose anywhere between 10-50%. I suggest doing another small warm naphtha pull on the goo that stays behind when re-xing, and freezing that separately, as it will probably give you a bit more of dmt (but also with some more plant oils). This way you diminish the lost a bit.