We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Noman's TEK - Question Options

8Pus
#1 Posted : 12/29/2010 4:44:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

When SWIM translate this tek (on https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Noman%27s_tek ), He had a problem with some things :

1) At the step 7, what means "NP" ?

2) At step 5, when the tek says "the rest stays in the mixing jar with the bark", it means everything except the naphta ? No more naphta must stays in "the rest" after pipetting/decanting ?

3) At step 10, line 3, we speak about sodium bicarbonate / At line 4, we speak about sodium carbonate ... SWIM think it isn't the same ... what's the good one ?

Thx for your help,

8Pus

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Shaolin
#2 Posted : 12/29/2010 5:04:12 PM

Stiletto Stoner

NP: Non polar solvent. In Noman's case that would be "Naptha – get VM+P and not lighter fluid".

He means everything except naphta. From that point on, you work with naphta.

I belive you need sodium carbonate not sodium BIcarbonate. You can make sodium carbonate from sodium bicarbonate if you put it in an oven for a while. Forum search FTW Pleased
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

8Pus
#3 Posted : 12/29/2010 10:53:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OK for Non polar solvent, SWIM bought Naphtha light (Petroleum), hydrotreated - Is it OK ? In Belgium, SWIM can't find VM&P. On the bottle He bought, he can read (german) "BRANDBENZINE" - in english it'll be gazoline for burn (but you can't read "zippo"Pleased.

Thx

8Pus

8Pus
#4 Posted : 12/29/2010 11:21:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I made some researches on the web about VM&P. The VM&P you speak is Thinner ?

Shaolin
#5 Posted : 12/30/2010 11:38:16 AM

Stiletto Stoner

Search for a MSDS of your product.

Also evaporated some of the solvent to see if it leaves any residue.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

8Pus
#6 Posted : 12/30/2010 4:31:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

SWIM called the company selling this product and they confirmed that it is a NON POLAR solvent / they said also that it wasn't zippo fuel (because zippo fuel is benzine - my product is hydrocarbon). They said finally that my product it's pure, so SWIM'll no find any residue after evaporation (a chemist spoke to SWIM ^^).

SWIM send a mail for the MSDS and they will reply tomorrow. I'll post it tomorrow, in reply to this post.

Thx to you,

8Pus

endlessness
#7 Posted : 12/30/2010 4:33:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

good luck, hope it works fine Smile

Noman
#8 Posted : 12/31/2010 5:09:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

8Pus wrote:
3) At step 10, line 3, we speak about sodium bicarbonate / At line 4, we speak about sodium carbonate ... i think it isn't the same ... what's the good one ?

He's right. That's an addition that I didn't make, though I agree with it.
It should say carbonate both times. Could somebody fix it?

8Pus
#9 Posted : 1/4/2011 12:29:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, it take time for this MSDS. SWIM'll try to receive it tomorow by fax ^^.

dumbstruck
#10 Posted : 1/4/2011 12:47:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I knew you couldn't stay away from DMT for long! I'm so happy to learn how much effort you are putting in to this extraction. Every last bit of work you put in comes out in the resulting product and resulting experience a hundredfold! Sounds like you will be successful very soon if you have not already been!

Congratulations! (I use too many !!!) Smile

8Pus
#11 Posted : 1/5/2011 1:24:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thx dumbstruck, SWIM is very motivated. Thank for comforting him ^^.

He began yersterday evening the Noman's tek (and will post pictures of steps and results soon) with chemistry material (erlenmeyer, pipets, etc...).

He pours the NP out from the mixing jar 4 times in 4 collection jars (like Noman said). SWIM put those jars in his refrigirator, but this morning, no snow globes ... just cold translucent naphta in jars ... so HE put those in the freezer and he'll see tonight if snow appears in those collection jars ...

SWIM'll receive today by Fax the MSDS of his solvent. But someone could send me the MSDS of the VM&P naphtha recommended in all the teks ? So, He'll be able to compare and maybe ask to a chemist in Belgium to tell him where to find an equivalent product (VM&P like, but in Belgium).

Thx a lot,

8Pus

zargoman
#12 Posted : 1/5/2011 8:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had trouble getting a precip in my fridge, I find that doing it in the freezer is a more sure-fire way to get something out. Some people will disagree too, but I find a warm water bath (heating up the naptha/lye/bark mixture) helps with yields as well and makes a freeze precip easier when you get to it

8Pus
#13 Posted : 1/5/2011 9:21:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

SWIM have good news for you. After 12 hours in the freezer, collection jars are now snow globes ^^ (like in the pictures).

You can also see SWIM's "home lab" ^^.

Now, do He have to put the jars out of the freezer for begin filter it with coffee filters ? Or 12 hours is not enough and it can stays 12 or 24 hours more in the freezer ?

Thx,

8Pus
8Pus attached the following image(s):
IMG_0460.jpg (1,082kb) downloaded 130 time(s).
IMG_0456.jpg (1,076kb) downloaded 128 time(s).
IMG_0455.jpg (1,263kb) downloaded 128 time(s).
IMG_0452.jpg (1,083kb) downloaded 129 time(s).
IMG_0453.jpg (1,204kb) downloaded 129 time(s).
IMG_0459.jpg (1,074kb) downloaded 129 time(s).

8Pus
#14 Posted : 1/5/2011 9:46:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, and here is the MSDS of SWIM's solvent ^^
8Pus attached the following image(s):
docu0002.JPG (1,350kb) downloaded 124 time(s).
docu0003.JPG (1,597kb) downloaded 124 time(s).
docu0004.JPG (1,423kb) downloaded 125 time(s).
docu0005.JPG (1,541kb) downloaded 124 time(s).
docu0006.JPG (1,481kb) downloaded 122 time(s).
docu0007.JPG (1,528kb) downloaded 118 time(s).

dumbstruck
#15 Posted : 1/5/2011 9:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think your solvent should be fine. Naphtha is a collection of any number of hydrocarbons, and the best naphthas will be the lighter hydrocarbons. Your naphtha is about half pentane and most of the rest is hexane. Those are both nice and light hydrocarbons (I think, anyhow). I don't know anything about cyclopentane but it is only a small percentage and shouldn't matter too much even if it is heavy. Your naphtha should be just great. The heavier naphthas take even longer to evaporate than the lighter naphthas.

12 hours should have most of the crystals crashed out into solution (the 'snow globe'Pleased. You have two options. A) You can combine and evaporate all four pulls and this will leave you with an oily, sticky yellow product that still contains DMT -- you will want to do a recrystallization for sure Or B) You can evaporate them down to about 1/4 of their current volume (or whenever they start to become cloudy / less clear) and put them back in the freezer. That may have some more crash out, and they should be fairly pure (though still yellow).

I also don't find I need a coffee filter. You should be able to just pour off the naphtha and the crystals will stay in place. Congratulations! And good work!

8Pus
#16 Posted : 1/5/2011 10:31:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi dumbstruck,

So, if SWIM understood well, the paragraph :

"12 hours should have most of the crystals crashed out into solution (the 'snow globe'Pleased. You have two options. A) You can combine and evaporate all four pulls and this will leave you with an oily, sticky yellow product that still contains DMT -- you will want to do a recrystallization for sure Or B) You can evaporate them down to about 1/4 of their current volume (or whenever they start to become cloudy / less clear) and put them back in the freezer. That may have some more crash out, and they should be fairly pure (though still yellow)."

talk about how to improve yield ?

And the paragraph :

"I also don't find I need a coffee filter. You should be able to just pour off the naphtha and the crystals will stay in place."

talk about how to pour out / filter / take the DMT ?

Thx for your congrats ^^

8Pus

The Traveler
#17 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:01:01 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

8Pus wrote:
Hi dumbstruck,

So, if i understood well, the paragraph :

"12 hours should have most of the crystals crashed out into solution (the 'snow globe'Pleased. You have two options. A) You can combine and evaporate all four pulls and this will leave you with an oily, sticky yellow product that still contains DMT -- you will want to do a recrystallization for sure Or B) You can evaporate them down to about 1/4 of their current volume (or whenever they start to become cloudy / less clear) and put them back in the freezer. That may have some more crash out, and they should be fairly pure (though still yellow)."

talk about how to improve yield ?

Yes it's for yield improvement only.

This means that after you freeze precipitated the spice you decant the liquid. With the liquid you can do two things:
1. Completely evaporate the liquid and then clean/wash the spice that this will yield
2. Evaporate the liquid until it is about 25% of the original amount and then put it back in the freezer again to get more spice precipitating out of it.
(3. you can use the liquid for another pull)

8Pus wrote:
And the paragraph :

"I also don't find I need a coffee filter. You should be able to just pour off the naphtha and the crystals will stay in place."

talk about how to pour out / filter / take the DMT ?

Thx for your congrats ^^

8Pus

This is indeed about how to retrieve the precipitated crystals.

Sometimes after freeze precipitating the crystals will be stuck to the sides of the container. If that is the case you can easily decant the liquid and no coffee filter is needed.

If you have many globes floating in your liquid then it's best to use a coffee filter.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

8Pus
#18 Posted : 1/6/2011 12:21:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok,

Thx for this help (and the last NP is still in the mixing jar, so SWIM have a 5th NP collection jar in preparation ^^).

My last question is so simple : how can SWIM smokes it ? And with what ? ^^ it's a natural question ^^

Thx a lot

8Pus

zargoman
#19 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:26:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can do it by vaping: https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=4861
Or vaping with The Machine: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Machine

or even out of a water bong or normal pipe by making a 'bed' of MJ (or oregano, if you don't want to/can't smoke MJ), putting a layer of DMT on top, and then a thin layer of weed on top of the DMT to prevent direct flame from reaching the crystals- you don't want to roast them with direct flame as this can waste the hit.

dumbstruck
#20 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:46:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^Very good answer. You can also try enhanced leaf or changa (which is just enhanced leaf with added MAOI alkaloids, either from Banisteriopsis Caapi or Syrian Rue extract). The only part of that link that is instructions is at the bottom of the first post entitled "Preparation", so you shouldn't need to translate most of it. Essentially you dissolve some amount of DMT in acetone, say 1 gram of DMT in 5 ml of acetone, and then evaporate that acetone on top of 1 gram of leaves. So you end up with a 1:1 ratio of DMT:leaf, so that 100 mg of the enhanced leaf is a 50 mg dose of DMT. The rest of the link discusses good herbs and proper technique along with some experience reports.

This way you can pretty much just load it up into any standard pipe and smoke away. You still don't want to apply direct flame for too long and you want to pull in the smoke slowly so that the DMT has time to vaporize instead of burn/pyrolize. It is my preferred way, as it is very efficient and much smoother on the lungs than vaporizing pure crystal (at least for a big plant smoker like myself).

Make sure to come back and tell us how it goes whenever you try some -- even if you have to describe the details in your native language and make us translate it to read. You will definitely be struggling for words to describe it, and may need the fluency of your native tongue to really express it. But I think you two were made for each other! Smile

12NEXT