We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
condensation of spice in glass pipe =oxide? Options

Dr_Sister
#1 Posted : 12/28/2010 10:07:36 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Quik question for those with more experience.

Over the past few launches there has been a lot of spice condensation collecting on the inside of her glass freebase pipe. The condensation usually crystalizes after a day or so. So your sister gently warmed the pipe, melting the spice and letting it drip back down into the bulb. the colour of this melted spice from inside the pipe is much darker than freshly melted spice.

When sister went to launch again using this recycled spice, she was surprised by how large the hit was. But the experience was remarkably different than using fresh crystal to launch. The onset was much slower, the CEVs were much less apparent and overall it seemed a darker experience. The "stoned" effect seemed more pronounced, but this could be because she never really hit hyperspace so the whole trip was spent on the ground with eyes open, despite the fact that the hit seemed MUCH larger than any previously consumed.

Is the difference in experience because the recycled spice is the oxide of dmt?

Is the oxidized dmt weaker than normal dmt?

Has anyone else experienced this difference?

Thanks in advance
Sister

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/28/2010 11:18:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its very hard to judge from one experience in such a setting. If you smoked dmt a few times, you'll notice that even the same batch can give completely different experiences.

Also maybe the fact that you were using a dark melted spice instead of white made you self-suggest and influence your trip.

Oxide isnt necessarily a darker experience, it can also be a wonderful light experience, but it is possible indeed there are some "neutral" pharmacological differences. But again, its hard to judge from one experience in this way, and also its hard to know how much of that spice was actually dmt n-oxide and how much was just recondensed dmt.

In any case, thanks for sharing, lets see if someone else has more input regarding this Smile

DiMiTriX
#3 Posted : 12/28/2010 11:35:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness is right,anyway it could be that temperatures could oxide some spice,and oxigen with hot smoke coultd too..of course but it's impossible to know for sure it could be darker couse some spice is burned and tranformed in some smaller different molecules like some kind of phenoles Confused
Tz'is aná

gibran2
#4 Posted : 12/29/2010 1:16:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Dr_Sister wrote:
Quik question for those with more experience.

Over the past few launches there has been a lot of spice condensation collecting on the inside of her glass freebase pipe. The condensation usually crystalizes after a day or so. So your sister gently warmed the pipe, melting the spice and letting it drip back down into the bulb. the colour of this melted spice from inside the pipe is much darker than freshly melted spice.

I get condensation in my GVG (see attached photo) and it is always pure white, even when the spice vaporized is pale yellow. The brownish color you describe is caused by burning or “toasting” your spice. It is a combination of DMT and whatever is produced by the pyrolysis of DMT.
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
condensation.jpg (37kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Autodidactic
#5 Posted : 12/29/2010 2:57:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, gibran2's picture is the same thing that happens to mine regardless of how yellow or darker it was before being smoked. I've only had the burnt nasty stuff accumulate using one of those oil burners.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

Global
#6 Posted : 12/29/2010 6:51:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Personally, if I vape the recrystallized residue in the same manner that you did, I've consistently found those experiences to for some reason be more powerful than freshly packed spice. I'm not sure why this is, but friends of mine have been greeted by some of their most powerful experiences when no spice was packed in the vaporizer. Also I didn't perceive those experiences to be any darker. However, if I clean it out with IPA and evaporate that, it usually leaves this dark orangy - tar black looking crystals. When I've smoked this I've had some interestingly dark experiences. They've been super potent and difficult to handle in comparison to my clean white spice, but equally as interesting and beautiful.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

burnt
#7 Posted : 12/29/2010 9:27:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

it could be either regular dmt, the n oxide, or a whole host of potential pyrolytic breakdown products of dmt. Its impossible to say without analysis.

Dr_Sister
#8 Posted : 12/29/2010 7:51:12 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Thanks for the feedback guys.

What sister meant by darker was the spectrum of colour in the visuals, almost to the point where they are difficult to discern. So what ends up happening is Sister opens her eyes, because there isn't as much going on and then the trip gets introspective.

Maybe sister will start cleaning her pipe more often with an alcohol, stripping the solvent and properly weighing these residues before partaking.

Global
#9 Posted : 12/30/2010 12:54:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Might not be a bad idea. After all, if you let it continually accumulate in there, you never know when one day it may give you a solid kick in the ass.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Swarupa
#10 Posted : 12/30/2010 12:43:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It looks pretty, but may cause some suprises!?