We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Caapi dosage for full MAO inhibition? Options

TheAppleCore
#1 Posted : 12/27/2010 10:13:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish to enter the space that changa allowed me, but without the insult to my lungs, and for a longer duration.

Therefore the goal of my first trials with aya is to activate and facilitate effect of oral DMT, rather than to use smaller doses of oral DMT to bring light to the space of the vine, as is described in the "All About Aya" thread.

What would be a good dosage of caapi vine to achieve this, approximately?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 12/27/2010 5:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately, because there are SO many variables (prep method, vine strength, personal metabolism), the best you can do is prepare more vine than you need and drink slowly.

50g, if you are sensitive and have strong vine, can completely rock your world. Some people need 200g to feel a tickle.

There are, however, hallmark signs of Caapi intoxication that you can quietly observe! After drinking, you may feel a temperature shift (warm/cold), tremors, drunkenness, tracers around lights, your thought patterns may split (feels like streams of thought unbraiding?). You may feel sleepy and extremely calm... and even... have fullblown visions!! Shocked

If you feel NONE of this, you are NOT drinking enough Caapi! If you feel some of it, you may want to cautiously increase your dose. Once Caapi is fully visionary and you experience a lot of the shifts in thought patterns, you are definitely at an awesome threshold to add admixture, and you will only need the slightest bit. Usually, if I drink <1g of Mimosa in this state, it feels like the Mimosa goes straight to my brain, in some kind of crazy electrical rush. Shocked

Start with 50g. If you feel absolutely nothing, experiment with the 80-100-120g range. Then try 150 (not in the same night!), then try 200... Proceed cautiously!

The next day, I always feel so amazing and sorted after a nice glass of Caapi. Very happy

Wish you the best! Let us know!
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

TheAppleCore
#3 Posted : 12/27/2010 10:48:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot for the detailed response!

So, if I've drunk some amount of vine brew alone, and I begin to recognize a sufficient intoxication, at that point I can imbibe a pre-prepared mimosa brew and experience the full potential of the combination?

Also, if I've taken 50g of Caapi, how long should it take to know whether I require another drink?

I'm still debating as to whether I should buy pre-powdered or whole vine from my (trusted) vendor. I'd buy whole, but it's actually more expensive, and I only have a limited amount of money to spend on Caapi and Mimosa. Anyone have any ideas as to why it would be cheaper? Makes me a bit suspicious...

universecannon
#4 Posted : 12/27/2010 11:26:18 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Quote:
So, if I've drunk some amount of vine brew alone, and I begin to recognize a sufficient intoxication, at that point I can imbibe a pre-prepared mimosa brew and experience the full potential of the combination?

Yes. Next time though, once you've figured out your desired dosages that you want, dose them together (or brew together, BUT in that case DECANT!!)

Quote:
Also, if I've taken 50g of Caapi, how long should it take to know whether I require another drink?

It depends on metabolism, how much you ate that day, maybe your weight ect. For me its about 45 minutes before i notice caapi affects. If you dont notice any affects in 45-60 minutes, then i'd dose another small amount, and repeat this after another 45-60 minute interval if your not where you want to be.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
(feels like streams of thought unbraiding?).

i've always just called them the mindsplits...but thats a great way to explain how it feels!
thought streams unbraiding, slithering off

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

TheAppleCore
#5 Posted : 12/28/2010 2:19:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ Thank you!

From another thread:

acolon_5 wrote:
Also you can get powdered Caapi, which I have taken frequently as a Toss-and-Wash (toss the powder on tongue and wash it down w/a drink)

If I end up getting powdered Caapi, is there any reason I'd want to bother trying to boil and strain the stuff if I can just toss and wash? Is it as effective?

Shaolin
#6 Posted : 12/28/2010 8:14:13 AM

Stiletto Stoner

As for onset, I drank 60g (only one 1 hour boil) yesterday and the effects minx mentioned (temperature shift (warm/cold),drunkenness, increased body sensitivity) started within a minute of the consumption although they quickly (~30 min) subsided and did not evolve further (I presume that was due to low frequency boil, e.g. just one)
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 12/28/2010 12:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
If I end up getting powdered Caapi, is there any reason I'd want to bother trying to boil and strain the stuff if I can just toss and wash?

Yes, lower nausea levels for instance...

TheAppleCore
#8 Posted : 12/31/2010 3:16:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Order for ayahuasca & jurema admixture has been placed. Very happy

Couple more quick questions:

A) How long can I store brews at room temperature? Unfortunately for various reasons, I cannot safely store entheogenic brews in my refrigerator. I'm assuming that if I prepare my brews with vinegar, the acidity will keep them from festering for quite awhile -- is this correct?

B) Can I make brews entirely in a crockpot? It might be hard for me to find time to make my brews on stovetop without attracting attention to my entheogenic practices (which is an issue for me, unfortunately).

endlessness
#9 Posted : 12/31/2010 10:36:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a) Probably a long time. I remember once a brew kept for a couple of months at room temp and the only thing that happened to it was that it fermented (which def can happen with vinegar-acidified brews too). This is no problem, just boil it again before using to remove alcohol content and it should be fine. Maybe others with experience in roomtemp-stored brews can give more feedback

c) yes

โ—‹
#10 Posted : 1/5/2011 12:53:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Unfortunately, because there are SO many variables (prep method, vine strength, personal metabolism), the best you can do is prepare more vine than you need and drink slowly.

50g, if you are sensitive and have strong vine, can completely rock your world. Some people need 200g to feel a tickle.

There are, however, hallmark signs of Caapi intoxication that you can quietly observe! After drinking, you may feel a temperature shift (warm/cold), tremors, drunkenness, tracers around lights, your thought patterns may split (feels like streams of thought unbraiding?). You may feel sleepy and extremely calm... and even... have fullblown visions!! Shocked

If you feel NONE of this, you are NOT drinking enough Caapi! If you feel some of it, you may want to cautiously increase your dose. Once Caapi is fully visionary and you experience a lot of the shifts in thought patterns, you are definitely at an awesome threshold to add admixture, and you will only need the slightest bit. Usually, if I drink <1g of Mimosa in this state, it feels like the Mimosa goes straight to my brain, in some kind of crazy electrical rush. Shocked

Start with 50g. If you feel absolutely nothing, experiment with the 80-100-120g range. Then try 150 (not in the same night!), then try 200... Proceed cautiously!

The next day, I always feel so amazing and sorted after a nice glass of Caapi. Very happy

Wish you the best! Let us know!

Great informative post. Tonight I am introducing someone special to (hopefully full maoi inhibit.) 150mg extracted caapi alkaloids just so she can get a feel for that state before I introduce her to a full on maoi/dmt combo.

Usually i'll just dissolve the extracted alks in a shot glass of 100% grapefruit juice and slam. Within 20-25 minutes i start to feel it REALLLY strongly. But it honestly almost begins within minutes after slamming the glass.

ragabr
#11 Posted : 1/5/2011 1:20:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTtripn2Space, have you managed an Aya only visionary experience yet with the extracted alks? How much did it take?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

โ—‹
#12 Posted : 1/5/2011 3:06:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

ragabr wrote:
DMTtripn2Space, have you managed an Aya only visionary experience yet with the extracted alks? How much did it take?

Yes; twice using 200mg alk's from a yellow b. caapi extraction with the addition of 20+/-mg's extra about 20 minutes into the caapi only experience ONLY IF i wasn't feeling it very strongly by the 20 minute mark.

Keep in mind effects for me are noticed almost instantaneous once the alks are ingested. Usually by 20 minutes time I feel as if I wouldn't even need the addition of dmt because everything starts to take on this visual quality..shifting in visual field coupled with the intense detaching of mind into the steady stream sotospeak. Smile If i don't feel all that within or around 20 or so minutes i'll ingest the additional alks to reach the state.

I dissolve the alks in 100% grapefruit juice..shotglass full...and down the hatchhhh. Very happy

ragabr
#13 Posted : 1/5/2011 4:09:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to know, thank you for the details.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 1/5/2011 5:00:41 PM

The Great Namah

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
If I end up getting powdered Caapi, is there any reason I'd want to bother trying to boil and strain the stuff if I can just toss and wash?

Yes, lower nausea levels for instance...

True, and more can be consumed if water extracted (tea), but sometimes, for me, a toss and wash of 5g or so is really all I need for VAPORIZED dmt...oral dmt is another thing all together. Trying to toss and wash 25g-75g of good Caapi is something I have not tried (nor want to try)โ€ฆ

Most of my toss and washes with oral dmt were to supplement purified harmine/harmala from rue or Caapi tea.

I find that the amount of caapi needed to really enhance a vaped spice voyage is much, much lower than that which is needed to activate oral dmt. I need 50+grams of thrice boiled quality white caapi (brewed over 2 days, just my method) for aya, but need 1/10 that to significantly alter a vaped dmt dose of 30mgs (normal breakthrough dose of 45mg minimum).

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

TheAppleCore
#15 Posted : 1/6/2011 10:42:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm. A little confused about reduction of brews.

Obviously reducing too much would result in a thick and nasty sludge. How do you know when to stop reducing?

gammagore
#16 Posted : 1/6/2011 10:49:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ a gentle simmer works fine for me

Il reduce 50gr caapi vine down to about 100ml(no sludge). As long as you are gentle with her and take your time in reducing im sure all will be fine. just no crazy boilingSmile

TheAppleCore
#17 Posted : 1/6/2011 10:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ Do you reduce it in a flask w/ mL measurement? Or do you just eyeball it in a pot, and guess when it's around 100 mL?

gammagore
#18 Posted : 1/6/2011 11:01:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just eyeballSmile

I have a small 1,5lt pot that I use for the last part of the reduction. When I see that there is about half a cup or 2 swigs worth I stop.

Edit: more info can be found here https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8972

Shaolin
#19 Posted : 1/6/2011 11:05:11 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Eyeball until some amount (200, 100) and then transfer to a smaller cup.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

endlessness
#20 Posted : 1/6/2011 11:11:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here's what I do to accurately eyeball... Before you brew down the caapi, make a glass of water with the amount of mimosa you want the final dose to be in (multiplied by the amount of doses there are in the amount of caapi you brew). Then add this water to the empty pot, and remember the level of liquid that it is in the pot. Then you can discard this water and brew down your caapi brew until it reaches this level you are aiming for..

by the way, brew it down on low fire, otherwise it will taste worse afterwards

12NEXT