We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
confused about purifying harmalas Options

neverwas
#1 Posted : 12/22/2010 11:23:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I performed a Syrian rue extraction the other day via the tek that endlessness wrote. Sorry I can't link from phone. I had trouble at some point in the process but finally completed it and yielded 7.7~g harmalas from 100g~ seeds.

I have been attempting to smoke it for the last few hours now in a variety of methods. Wooden pipe, bong with sandwich in between passion flower, and finally gave up when it didn't even burn on the foil method. I have no clue what's going on here. It Burns but doesn't really do anything. I've been loading eyeballed doses of what I found out to be 200mg and still nothing.

So I'm guessing I have impurities or something and I should clean it up. Maybe that'd help. But for whatever reason I am just not 'getting it' when I read the tek instructions. So, after reading a bunch of threads on purifying, I'm a bit frustrated and disappointed. I just tasted it and it tastes of salt, baking soda and cat piss. Yuk.

Can anyone give me clear step by step by step instructions on how to do this? DMT extraction was incredibly easy so Idk why this isn't. Thanks.
My name is love, for I am without fear

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/23/2010 12:41:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As it says there, to purify you can redissolve in vinegar and filter several times and precipitate again with sodium carb.

I dont know much about smoking harmalas, but I think you should def feel something with less than 200mg. Can you take some pictures? How much sodium carb are you using to precipitate?

neverwas
#3 Posted : 12/23/2010 1:23:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure how much sodium carbonate I used. I poured it in until it stopped clouding and forming precipitate. Let it sit a few hours before pouring into a coffee filter. Chunks of would be harmala clogged it so I let it drain.
neverwas attached the following image(s):
2010-12-21 14.10.34.jpg (1,529kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
2010-12-22 01.09.40.jpg (1,460kb) downloaded 133 time(s).

neverwas
#4 Posted : 12/28/2010 7:48:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I tried to purify the goods and nothing came out. So I suspect I tossed them out somewhere in the middle of the extraction and continued without realizing it. Instead of giving up, I tried again. I based it with ammonia And have spent the last few days purifying it.

Right now it's in the fridge on what I may deem my last purification round. Its looking good! A lot of the harmalas are just kind of floating around in there not dropping to the bottom with the rest of them. Any idea on how long it should take to collect? And is there any way to collect them to dry besides a coffee filter? That is such a pain in the ass to do And some of the wet harmalas get stuck to jar after I pour it into it. Am I doomed to keep squirting ammonia onto it and syringing it out?

Enoon
#5 Posted : 1/2/2011 11:44:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

If your harmalas are clean, i.e. the liquid is clear, i.e. after several washes to get the sodium carbonate or amonia out, you can try to pour off as much liquid as you can and then pour the harmalas with the rest of water into an evaporation dish / glass baker and let the water evaporate using a fan and some low heat or an oven @ 50°C with a fan... then scrape when dry Smile

If your harmalas aren't dropping down properly try putting your water into the fridge or into the freezer for a short period of time. Sometimes this helps.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction