We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Anyone think its possible to believe in God after large dose? Options

burnt
#61 Posted : 1/21/2009 4:08:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yes really nice post ron. SWIM sometimes wishes he could be so convinced. But everytime SWIM gets convinced SWIM always questions. Its ineviatable with SWIMs brain. I guess SWIM has been somewhat tramatized by religion and thus many beliefs that are similar. That makes it difficult for SWIM to accept what SWIM has seen repeatadely. I am not so good at remembering some of these experiences or writing them on a public forum but I can understand how deep it can go.

Quote:
After that experience, SWIM had an understanding of life that was far beyond anything he had expected. Basically, our souls are real, the rest is an illusion. All of science is based on the laws of the current dream God is dreaming. At some point in the future God will suddenly change things and our current understanding of the universe will suddenly need to be completely overhauled. Science will always be one step behind, because the laws of physics are periodically being changed by God. At certain points God dreams a completely new dream. That event leads to the complete destruction of the universe and a new one is then created.

There is a theory in science that this is happening. Its called the cyclic universe model. Its very interesting and reminds me of a number of trips SWIM had where SWIM saw the evolution and lifetime of the universe and how it recycles itself and how this will continue until the will to keep doing it stops. It even predicts that the laws of physics have changed and may continue to change.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

'Coatl
#62 Posted : 1/22/2009 3:18:22 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I don't think it's possible to NOT believe in God after some large doses of entheogens.

(*Note*- I'm not talking about the Christian "God" here, but something very different)
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

bufoman
#63 Posted : 1/22/2009 3:29:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM is the exact opposite. Large doses show SWIM that reality is so much more complex than SWIM could every hope to imagine. Our view that our consciousness is a little model of reality is wrong. Every single aspect of our world and how we think about it is created by our brains. Consciousness is some survival program but I love every minute of it. I think is it naive to think that one could know for certain wether or not there is a god but I think it is not a good idea to believe in any intelligent self aware creator. This is completely unfounded and some illogical. Psych's have shown SWIm the power of nature and neurochemistry. The brain is my god or the laws of physics, but not some man in the sky.

burnt
#64 Posted : 1/22/2009 8:53:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yes with SWIM it swings both ways. Psychedelics can hint at the existence of some other force behind it all. They can also hint that its all in the mind. There's so much to this experience we do not understand and thus why SWIM always still questions what SWIM sees behind the veil. But again we can run into semantics issues with lack of proper words to describe these things that people just fill in with 'god'.

vovin
#65 Posted : 3/10/2009 9:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I am a devout practicing aitheist. I make a point of not going to church each and every sunday. I have done DMT as far as I can calculate 150-200 times. Never once did it make me believe in a divine entity. I dont believe in life after death and I am quite happy with that concept.

I was a aitheist before I took DMT and I was a aitheist after DMT. This drug gives one a profound experience it is shocking but still it's a hallucination. One may enjoy flights of fancy in life but you must always keep your feet rooted in reality. I am a spiritual person. I do believe in certain things but no divine entity is needed for me to have meaning to my existance and frankly put I would be pissed off to absolutely no end if there was a afterlife.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

VisualDistortion
#66 Posted : 3/10/2009 10:55:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Yes with SWIM it swings both ways. Psychedelics can hint at the existence of some other force behind it all. They can also hint that its all in the mind. There's so much to this experience we do not understand and thus why SWIM always still questions what SWIM sees behind the veil. But again we can run into semantics issues with lack of proper words to describe these things that people just fill in with 'god'.

Burnt, we are on the exact same level when it comes to this issue.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

#67 Posted : 3/18/2009 2:20:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

It's definitely all in the mind. But "everything" is all in the mind per say. I think mind and matter share an infinite/unbreakable connection. The Holographic Universe by Talbot sites specific endless examples and situations that have happened and show that there is "alot" going on here. And it really says all the paranormal n' such is manifested byproducts of the mind. Pretty much a strong level of Psychokinesis. Such a WOW book. Reccomended for everyone to read if you have time.

Will always believe in "all is one and one is all"

Lawliet
#68 Posted : 6/27/2009 3:24:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was an atheist as a youngster, and realized that agnosticism was more reasonable when I discovered it.

Most of my psilocybin experiences are religious in nature. I consistently feel that the Power of God is emanating from everything around me and flooding into me. I'm still definitely what you'd call an agnostic (although I scorn words such as this), but I've adopted a more pantheistic/discordian view of God that I like to ponder over.

I've also contacted Quetzalcoatl via Yopo snuff, but I realize that he was... err... "entheogenerated". I consider him to be a special section of my brain that I can contact as an ally and friend.
[DISCLAIMER]: All posts and messages by Lawliet are purely fictitious, and for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone any of the actions detailed therein.

Baffald
#69 Posted : 6/30/2009 8:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Being raised Roman Catholic and then disillusioned by organized religion, I have always questioned the existence of GOD, IE- it was 50/50, either there was or wasn't. That was until my Pharma experience last week.

I also believe in evolution, I think life and creation is just one big experiment created by GOD.

I do believe in Good vs. Bad and repercussions for your actions in this life.

I believe we are all GOD's Children, and that was Jesus's message, not the HE was the son of GOD but that EVERYONE and everything is.

Why do bad things happen- because that is all part of the experiment. Existence needs balance. God is letting us do what we want, and does not want to control any minute of our lives but wants us to control it. God wants us to be good, but in the end it is our choice.

I think DMT is special- We produce it naturally in our REM sleep, this is why some people get visions of past relatives or hints into their future (premonitions) sometimes gaining knowledge, but also most of the times not remembering a thing.

In the end after this past pharma experience, I am certainly trying to become a better person in all aspects of my life. Which I feel is nothing but positive.

I believe John Stewart is a guardian of good.

I believe Michael Jackson became a prince of darkness, but started out good.

rellik
#70 Posted : 7/1/2009 4:08:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont know if one exists or if there is a life after this one and dont think that i ever will until i die. so im not gonna concern myself about a god or afterlife until then and live whatever life ive got going on currently.

if whatever deity will not accept me into their afterlife when i die because i didnt believe, then i dont want to be there anyways...

large doses have not swayed this point of view much at all.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

vegantoker
#71 Posted : 7/3/2009 12:10:52 AM

Matt

I haven't believed in the normal idea of god since I was about 12 (I'm 22 now). Since then I've been on a never ending spiritual quest that has led me to psychedelics.

Personally I don't think DMT, or any other psychedelics can answer the final questions about God (whatever that means, but make no mistake it does mean something IMO).

One of the main reasons I have this view is I think that we are so low on the totem pole in our present reality that the intelligence inhabiting these spaces we are brought to by sacraments like DMT have hardly a better idea what/who god is them selfs compared to the overall reality of the situation. Of course they may have more figured out then we do.

I do believe hyperspace is somewhere we go that exists independent of us being there.
The idea of hyperspace being a projection of my mind is almost inconceivable to me. This would mean your mind on DMT can simaltainously project a complete sensory illusion wile not effecting the space you know as your thinking mind at all. If you believe thats true how can you trust a single thing your senses ever tell you? Sober or not?

you know what I mean? It would be one thing if I felt all fucked up and my world was completely replaced, but I can feel 100% sober smoke DMT, still feel 100% sober but now I'm in hyperspace.

Good discussion everyone!

Visit the Hyperspace Lexicon and contribute to the discussion. Help define the previously indiscribable!
Disclaimer: Everything I say about my actions is a lie. Just because I talk about this stuff online does not mean I really do it. I don't. Drugs are bad and I love Jesus too much to do drugs.

«PREV234