We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction....again Options

drob
#1 Posted : 12/19/2010 7:25:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear all,

I decided to write a new introduction essay, due to the my first severely lacking in depth.

I've been partaking in psychedelics for roughly 10 years, though it is only in the last four years I've moved away from a purely recreational-adventure mentality - to one more focussed on personal and spiritual growth through the plant medicines. My main experience has been with Salvia, Mushrooms, HBW and Cannabis - though the most profound impact has come through combining HBW and Salvia. I heard about DMT through a friend while at university about 5 years ago, it intrigued me then - but at the time seemed like Holy Grail sort of substance and never heard much more about it; Not until I started looking into different shamanic approaches and discovered Ayahuasca. So, slowly the dots have been connecting along the way.

I haven't experienced Aya or crystalised DMT, primarily because I was holding onto certain prohibitive outlooks. The first, that Aya should ideally be taken in its indigenous setting i.e. going to the amazon and working with an ayahuasquero. Don't get me wrong, I still would like to experience that - but I feel that as long as I have safe and respectful approach to the medicine (along with correct setting and preparation) I should be able to work with it here first. The second, concerning DMT, was an idea I picked up from a metaphysical writer - that the shortness (in our reality's linear terms) of the experience made it less conducive to spiritual growth. Upon closer reflection and further research, I've let go of this approach - I feel that all entheogens have the potential to help up learn, and it down to the individual to be responsible in their approach to the teachings given.

Thanks,

DRob

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tele
#2 Posted : 12/21/2010 4:30:00 PM
Explorer

I think you are right about taking ayahuasca with someone who "knows his boil", it definately is not something to be taken lightly. DMT crystal on the other hand can be taken by yourself due to the duration of the experience, IMO, but it definately should not be like a "party drug", but with respect and love for the spirit of the smoke. Fear of the unknown is completely healthy while consuming any powerful hallucinogen from the nature. Good luck

Quote:
The second, concerning DMT, was an idea I picked up from a metaphysical writer - that the shortness (in our reality's linear terms) of the experience made it less conducive to spiritual growth.

Well everyone can think what they want but it's best not to listen to anyone telling their opinions about such an issue.

drob
#3 Posted : 12/21/2010 6:21:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I've been looking around for awhile for UK events for Aya, but not had a lot of luck so far esp. with price being a factor.
Sometimes the ones I've found aren't so clear on what they using in their brews, e.g. using Rue rather than Caapi; not like I have an issue with that or anything, but it's good to be accurate and know which medicines you'll be working with.

Anyhows, this site really is a treasure trove - my perspective is widening just by reading the tomes of info, let alone putting the advice into practice Pleased