We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rank DMT Options

magictouch
#1 Posted : 12/19/2010 4:30:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys i was wondering where does DMT rank among your all time favorite psychedelics and psychoactives that you've tried?

Personally for me before i discovered DMT, i always thought that LSD would remain my favourite.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Global
#2 Posted : 12/19/2010 4:43:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It'd probably be a tie between DMT and mj. MJ is just my reliable staple and DMT is my knight in shining armor.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

soulfood
#3 Posted : 12/19/2010 4:51:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I have at moments loved and hated them all equally Smile

Ellis D'Empty
#4 Posted : 12/19/2010 5:02:22 PM

Snirfneblin

It all depends really... MJ is great all the time... so is LSD.... mushrooms have their place, DMT has it's place.

Smile
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 12/19/2010 10:32:54 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

1st

and I've done a lot of different psychs.
dmt is the one i'd want to have the least often. that's how much I admire and respect it
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

universecannon
#6 Posted : 12/19/2010 10:54:34 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I'm with soulfood on this one!

dmt, aya, mushrooms, LSD, and even MJ all hold a special place, and have helped me change my life and mind in remarkable, yet different ways. I can't really say which has done more or which is better. Some are more powerful/catalytic in certain aspects, of course..but they all are equally useful tools in my mind

but if i just haaaad to choose a favorite..if i could only pick one for the rest of my life...it would be the mushroom. closely followed by aya

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 12/19/2010 11:53:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha... I thought this thread was going to be about problems with foul-smelling DMT. Razz

Aya, DMT, and mushrooms make something like a holy trinity for me. <3
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

AluminumFoilRobots
#8 Posted : 12/19/2010 11:56:16 PM

gufyg

They are all so unlike each other that such a comparison would be largely erroneous. However, I will say this.

DMT is, by far, the most overwhelmingly visual psychedelic I have ever used. It literally summons an entirely alien landscape in front of me for ~5 minutes or so, a dimension of impossible form and full of chattering, ancient intelligence. But it leaves my mind completely alone, my reactions are not magnified nor do I have any unusual perspectives. This is not to say that I am calm or detached during the experience, it is just that I am reacting in a similar way to how I would if hyperspace began spontaneously bounding through my kitchen window.

It is entirely different with the little mushrooms. They pour into the skull through the auditory system, a flood of tiny voices that then stimulate flowing visions. I notice a more human-concerned nature to the mushrooms, and a conversational quality in the visions/intimations that is not so strong with many other allies. What I am saying is, questions can be asked of the mushrooms, and answers will usually be given; whether the answers make sense at the time of revelation is not so certain.

The cactus-spirits are an emotional-visual-psychological whirlwind, very arresting and very wise. Giants among deities. They grab hold ones emotions, magnifying every thought and feeling tenfold. They reveal the knowledge of cacti, the sit-and-wait-and-grow-and-learn wisdom that comes with growing on mountaintops and in deserts for decades. The visions are electric, coming out of magnified thoughts and emotions; they are plasmoid and crystaline. These spirits do not let go. They stiiiick arouuund. By the end, fatigue can cause the visions to break down into the classic "mind-melt" symptoms. I would use more caution using mescaline or cacti than I would with DMT, ergolines other than LSD, or psilocybe spp., simply for the fatigue and longevity of experience for mescaline. I have not yet used ayahuasca, so I cannot say how cautious I would be of it.

Salvia Divinorum has a similar duration, but the effects are not comparable in any coherent way. They are really very very different, opposite ends of the spectrum. DMT is noon-sun-magic, Salvinorin alpha is full-moon-magic. For my psychic set-up, DMT's warming sun magic fit much better. Only a few days ago was I able to work positively with Salvia, after 3 largely terrifying and one difficult experience, though now that we trust each other I believe the little leaves will be a great ally.

Incomparable to any of the less-than-visual psychedelics that I have used, Ipomea spp./HBWR, A. muscaria, MDxx, DXM, PCP, or Sinicuichi.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Elf Machine
#9 Posted : 12/20/2010 4:48:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a good question. I think it should be formatted as a poll somehow, where we could put numbered values on a list of psychedelics.

tele
#10 Posted : 12/20/2010 3:22:52 PM
Explorer

I'd rank it first with mushrooms.

soulfood
#11 Posted : 12/20/2010 3:54:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I suppose to me DMT is no longer as desirable on it's own but in combination with harmaloids it's opened me up so much. However I'd have to say that mushrooms seem more user friendly at reasonable doses.

That said I much prefer mushrooms with mescaline as it keeps me more focussed.

The one time I had 2cb was highly profound, but I haven't had the chance to experiment with that any further.

I can start at the bottom though as out of the substances I have tried I'd rank cocaine the lowest, then speed, then alcohol, then cannabis, then salvia and then probably MDMA. Beyond that it's just all round appreciation. Smile

Mushrooms were my first love and as we all know the first is very special.

LSD was a very awakening experience but to this day I still don't think I've intergrated what I learned from that one. No substance has made me feel more seperate in my ideology than LSD. I'm not a fan of being too far off the chart.

Swarupa
#12 Posted : 12/20/2010 7:28:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LSD
Psilocybin
Mescaline
DMT

Elf Machine
#13 Posted : 12/21/2010 6:29:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chronic, do you boil and filter the tea before you add lemon juice or after?