We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa variables Options

chocobeastie
#1 Posted : 12/19/2010 4:31:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I noticed that people seem to make their Changa at 50/50 or so... often a better ratio is 25%. Then, you have more MAOI and other herbs which gives a richer, fuller experience. Only one cone of that should normally work to breakthrough and so it is less wasteful of DMT.

Also, you can even vodka (heated) which more available than IPA or ethanol often.

I think that caapi vine is preferable to leaves in some ways... ideally you would use both, at ratio of at least 30% oft the plant matter. The caapi vine also gives a nice afterglow.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Guagua
#2 Posted : 12/19/2010 12:37:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice one Very happy
Quetzalcoatl supreme letting off steam, Dimethyltryptamine make a man dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6HVNuJD64

ragabr
#3 Posted : 12/19/2010 6:23:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM accidentally prepared some 1:2 spice-caapi leaf and really, really regrets it. Make the 1:1 and then cut it at smoking time if you want it weaker.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

chocobeastie
#4 Posted : 12/26/2010 2:28:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ragabr,

You should try 1:3... you get more caapi effect, so it is not actually weaker. And then if you add other plants, they are also stronger as well.

nn-DreemMasterTree
#5 Posted : 12/27/2010 12:47:23 AM

samsara

i cant break through on one cone of %25 i need 1.1 ratio, and if i need more inhibitors (mostly i feel i dont) i just do the simple harmaline extraction (https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Harmalas_Extraction_and_Separation_Guide) on some rue seed and away you go.
some people are definitely more sensitive to spice than others, for those people i put some caapi leaf or vine on the bottom of the cone making a little bed the chang can sit on.

"Pay attention. And keep breathing." Terence McKenna

Global
#6 Posted : 12/27/2010 1:19:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I too prefer the 1:1 ratio. I've experimented with more leaf (I use calea and blue lotus) and I found the results to be stunningly disappointing. In the case of changa, I'd rather put myself over the edge which I'll just come back from in 10 minutes or less than waste supplies
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

chocobeastie
#7 Posted : 12/27/2010 1:52:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, point is, changa was never originally for breakthrough dosages! The beauty of it, is the magic effects you will get at such small amounts of DMT, that you won't often get with the same amount of crystal.
People I know, however, are getting breakthrough at one cone of 25%.

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 12/27/2010 7:35:46 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

And people I know, on the other hand, break through on 1/4 cone of 1:1 ! Wink

I don't see how changa was originally "not meant" to be used to breakthrough. Yeh, changa at sub-breakthrough doses is infinitely more wonderful than freebase at sub-breakthrough dosages, but a changa breakthrough is (IMO) nearly as infinitely more beautiful (sic) than a freebase breakthrough...

If you want a more powerful harmala-y experience, you should make a caapi extract of some form. Having to smoke as much roughage-filled changa as you recommend seems like a lot more lungache than is necessary!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

soulfood
#9 Posted : 12/27/2010 7:49:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Generally I find the more caapi you add, even in extract form, the harder it is to breakthrough anyway. Though once you've had a few cones full, some serious magic will go down.

I highly recommend making a serum from 10g caapi vine in plenty of ethanol/IPA then evapping that down onto 1g of leaf. I prefer to use vine for this method as the chlorophyll in the leaf can get a bit messy when concerntrated enough.

Swarupa
#10 Posted : 12/27/2010 2:51:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Generally I find the more caapi you add, even in extract form, the harder it is to breakthrough anyway.

Yeah i've found it to generally be warmer & last much longer with caapi.

'Im looking forward to loading 30mg pure white crystal into the GVG...

chocobeastie
#11 Posted : 12/28/2010 2:57:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Changa was originally conceived as a way to go sub-breakthrough and allow the DMT experience to be more available to more people.

The caapi will keep you grounded and in your body, because that is the nature of the caapi. This can be useful in some instances, not useful in other instances - say when you really want to travel.

With the caapi at sub-breakthrough, the caapi amplifies the effect on many different levels.

If you do a test of 30mg pure white and the same in changa - the changa will normally always be qualitatively "better."

But also, different caapi batches smoke very differently.

The best caapi can often be the weakest one, which might take 250 grams in a brew to just get an MAOI effect in a brew.

Mindlusion
#12 Posted : 12/28/2010 7:10:43 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

What about smoking just caapi or x10 caapi, or any harmala extract. Maybe a few bowls of caapi, or a measured dose of extract, Wait 5 - 10 min to feel the caapi, and then try smoking some Changa, or vaporize some freebase spice. Or bong-leaf method whatever you prefer.

Iv never tried this method, but I'm interested on how it may preform.

IME, even smoked harmalas take a little while to come on. So you may be missing out on some magic.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

BananaForeskin
#13 Posted : 12/28/2010 7:14:49 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

"The best caapi can often be the weakest one, which might take 250 grams in a brew to just get an MAOI effect in a brew. "

Care to explain further?

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

SHroomtroll
#14 Posted : 12/28/2010 9:39:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

He probably meant that if the alkaloid content is low you consume more and therefore get more other effects than that from the harmalas.

chocobeastie
#15 Posted : 12/29/2010 2:39:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This caapi which was weak in terms of alkaloids, was very strong in terms of effect when used with changa, incredibly rich fullness during and after smoking.

Your caapi is going to vary widely in quality and effects. The only way to understand this is to try many different varieties of caapi and then compare them.

Quote:

What about smoking just caapi or x10 caapi, or any harmala extract. Maybe a few bowls of caapi, or a measured dose of extract, Wait 5 - 10 min to feel the caapi, and then try smoking some Changa, or vaporize some freebase spice. Or bong-leaf method whatever you prefer.

Sure, that works.
Smoked Caapi should come pretty much as instanously as smoked DMT - that is why changa works!

I know people who smoke extracted harmalas and then take DMT orally.

BananaForeskin
#16 Posted : 12/29/2010 10:15:38 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

I'd say it had little to do with the potency of the caapi, more to do with ineffective brewing methods. If you didn't get MAO-inhibition from 250g that was honestly due to something being wrong in the process, especially if you used it for potent changa.

I still stand by that a more potent blend means smoking less, which is more or less always a good thing.

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ