We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Brugmansia Options

toltecatl
#1 Posted : 12/17/2010 10:15:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Howdy fellow psychonauts! Very soon I will be attempting my first STB tek with MHRB. I will be freebasing it as well as making a changa blend. I used this site as my jumping point and ordered Blue Lotus, Caapi, Calea and Brugmansia to experiment with changa. Recently I discovered that Brugmansia is in the Datura family. Everything I have ever read about Datura makes me want to stay far away. What are your opinions on using Brugmansia in my changa blend? For those that have used the DMT+MAOI+Brug. what was it like? I may just sell the Brugmansia unless I am convinced it is safe when used in small amounts in a changa mixture. Thanks for your help.

On a side note, I am no psychedlic virgin. Shrooms dozens of times, acid several times, pedro once. I have eaten 8gs of cubies before so I can handle high dose trips.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 12/17/2010 11:18:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I don't know in what amounts you're planning to use it and how.
Any kind of extraction or concentrated form is a big NO as well as any use of large amounts. I have no idea how it will respond with significant amounts of strong MAOI's.

There certainly is a substantial risk involved in experimenting with it. Small amounts with a weak MAOI like passionflower are pretty safe though. As a potentiator of psychedelic's you would only need a realy small amount, like a few crumbs of dried leaves or a few seeds.

With tropane alkaloids used as potentiator (as in datura, brugmansia and henbane) this is the #1 rule:You don't easily take a dose that's too weak, but you can easily take a dose that's too strong.

DiMiTriX
#3 Posted : 12/18/2010 10:36:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

as far as i know datura was sold in cigarettes few years ago as treeatment for asthma..so i think wwouldn't be problems anyway wait someone that could say you for sure that is safe,imo no problem expecially smoking small bowls
Tz'is aná

rOm
#4 Posted : 12/18/2010 7:54:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, from my experience little brugmansia such as 1:1:2 salvia divinorum plain leaf:brugmansia sanguinea (very strong one): DMT, was very safe. Safe as you don't have the first side effects of tropanes such as dried mouth etc... This shouldn't be a problem if you commit to stay on very low doses. Use it in a tiny pinch with caapi leaves and spice as a 10th of the changa weight admixture. Some brug strains are very powerful compared to others. So always try much lower from batch to batch if you like even low doses (thats the thing when using leaves).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

polytrip
#5 Posted : 12/18/2010 8:04:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
DiMiTriX wrote:
as far as i know datura was sold in cigarettes few years ago as treeatment for asthma..so i think wwouldn't be problems anyway wait someone that could say you for sure that is safe,imo no problem expecially smoking small bowls

Yeah, but don't smoke it like it's weed or tobacco.