We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Comprehensive Substance Effects Thread Options

narmz
#1 Posted : 12/17/2010 5:55:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought it would be nice to gather all information in one place. No drugs are taboo in this list, we are trying to create a comprehensive collection of all data relating to short-term, long-term, and adverse effects all the way down to things such as method of administration or identification issues.

I will create a skeleton list, and it is up to all of us to fill it up with reliable data we have found, research papers, and lastly personal experience. Where solid scientific research can not be found, we will fill the gaps with personal experiences of our own or others, and try to find the same results in multiple experiences before they are submitted. All psychedelics will be linked to their wikipedia pages when possible, this is a good place to begin looking for sources for most of these substances.

It would be nice if we could focus on the detrimental effects rather than those that are beneficial, so that we have a clear comparison of the dangers associated with each substance.

Feel free to suggest we add categories or substances that aren't already listed.

Tryptamines

5-MeO-DMT
short-term:

long-term:

Bufotenine
short-term:

long-term:

DET
short-term:

long-term:

DMT
short-term:

long-term:

Psilocybin/Psilocin Mushrooms
short-term:

long-term:

LSD
short-term:

long-term:

LSA
short-term:

long-term:

LSH
short-term:

long-term:

Yohimbe
short-term:

long-term:

Phenethylamines

Mescaline
short-term:

long-term:

MDMA
short-term:

long-term:

MDA
short-term:

long-term:

DOB, DOI, DOM, etc
short-term:

long-term:

2c-e, 2c-i, 2c-b, 2c-d, etc
short-term:

long-term:

2ct2, 2ct7, etc
short-term:

long-term:

Bromo Dragonfly
short-term:

long-term:

Reported Deaths:
Bromo-DragonFLY related death in Sweden (male)
Bromo-DragonFLY related death in Denmark (female)
Bromo-DragonFLY related death in Norway (male)
Bromo-DragonFLY related death in California (male) mislabelled as 2C-B-Fly

Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)

Harmine
short-term:

long-term:

Harmaline
short-term:

long-term:

Tetrahydroharmine (THH)
short-term:

long-term:

Opiates

Opium
short-term:

long-term:

Morphine
short-term:

long-term:

Heroin
short-term:

long-term:

Oxicodone
short-term:

long-term:

Amphetamines

Speed(Amphetamine)
short-term:

long-term:

Methamphetamine
short-term:

long-term:

Common Drugs

Marijuana
short-term:

long-term:

Caffeine
short-term:

long-term:

Nicotine
short-term:

long-term:

Others

Amanita Muscaria
short-term:

long-term:

Datura and Henbane
short-term:

long-term:

Ibogaine
short-term:

long-term:

Ketamine
short-term:

long-term:

Salvinorin A
short-term:

long-term:

Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 12/17/2010 5:59:47 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Wonderful thread narmz!

Let me gather my stats. Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 12/17/2010 6:25:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey hey hey!

What about MAOIs? Twisted Evil
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/18/2010 12:45:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

THH, harmine, harmaline, ibogaine, bufotenine, 5meoDMT, LSA, LSH and salvinorin should be there as well I think.

I can get around to a bufotenine write up on personal experience with it if it is needed.
Long live the unwoke.

narmz
#5 Posted : 12/18/2010 1:07:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Updated
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

mattritt
#6 Posted : 12/24/2010 7:44:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MDMA

MDMA is an entactogen of the phenethylamine class which produces a strong sense of euphoria and connection in the individual. The user can form strong bonds (atleast whilst high) with other people especially other people also high aswell and it provides an openness and disinnhabiton that is much different than that produced by alcohol. Very clean headspace that can be a bit paniced at times due to its amphetamine nature. Its a fast paced high that can seem to blow hours, the opposite of the time dilation experienced on some psychedelics. It can have a very hard crash though that turns many users away or causes users to re-dose looking to feel that great again. This should be avoided as MDMA has been known to have a good bit of Neurotoxicity. It also causes dehydration so be sure to drink plenty of water. Don't overdo it but keep yourself hydrated well, especially if youre dancing.

MDMA works by releasing large quantities of serotonin (that happy shit) which will cause you to enter a state of extreme euphoria that many have called orgasmic. After it is over you're serotonin levels will be heavily depleted, as such your brain will feel very spent and your body will probably feel drained if you were partying all night. I would reccomend investing in a bottle of 5-HTP, its a precursor to said "happy shit" (5-HT). Dont think its an excuse to eat MDMA every weekend though. 1-2 times a month tops, and not every month would be best. Keep your head together kids!

MDMA should be a clear crystal. Sometimes MDMA on the street can be less pure and take on an amber color. Its better than meth I guess *shrug* But on that note, on to the meth. ITS IN YOUR MOLLY! If you aren't getting a crystal than it is 96% of the time cut with something. (Clean with anhydrous acetone and Anhydrous IPA) Even if it is a crsyatl it could still be meth. People cut MDMA with alot of nasty shit, meth, RC's, crap, anything they fucking want. GET a TESTER. Now as for these "MDMA pills" Id reccommend avoiding them. Most are adultered these days with meth, DXM, piperazines(cow de-wormers), ketamine, RC's, 2C-x's, amphetamine, caffiene, etc. Again get a tester!! And also use pill reports for ANY pill you'd consider taking. Trust me, you don't want to take meth! Unless you like meth...if that's your thing...

Duration:3-6 hours orally
Dose:low 50-100 mgs
common 100-150
high 200 mgs +

Best activites for MDMA: Deep conversations, introspection, connecting with other, dancing, sex,
aiding in a journey in combination with tryptamine.

[Warning] Do not take this drug if you are nursing or pregnant. Don't take this drug if you are "perscribed" MAOIs or other anti-depressants. (Careful with that changa kids!) If you have more than 2 alcoholic drink a day consult your doctor before using this compound. Side effects include: dehydration, jitteryness, dilated pupils, eye wobbles, constant gurning, and looking like a retard.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

corpus callosum
#7 Posted : 12/24/2010 7:58:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Excellent thread!!Smile

Where to start.....?

I think there should be a section for benzodiazepines and other opioids such as buprenorphine, fentanyl, pethidine and tramadol (these opioids have 'unique' aspects which make them distinct from the ones listed) and also maybe DXM and cocaine, especially freebase.I know these are not really Nexus-friendly compounds but if a job is worth doing, its worth doing right (ie comprehensively).
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Opiyum
#8 Posted : 12/24/2010 8:36:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about Nutmeg or just elemicin and myristicin? Either or.

MACMILLAN DICTIONARY OF TOXICOLOGY:
"...The spice (5-15g) causes symptoms similar to atropine poisoning: flushing of skin, tachycardia, absence of salivation..."

MARTINDALE THE EXTRA PHARMACOPOEIA TWENTY-NINTH EDITION:

"...Adverse Effects
Nutmeg, taken in large doses may cause nausea and vomiting, flushing, dry mouth, tachycardia, stimulation of the central nervous system possibly with epileptiform convulsions, miosis, mydriasis, euphoria, and hallucinations.

Within 4 hours of taking 28 g of nutmeg in water and orange juice, a 19-year-old woman felt cold and shivery. This was followed after 6 to 8 hours by severe vomiting accompanied by hallucinations. For a week she had poor concentration and was disorientated.

Within 3 days of receiving ground nutmeg 9 teaspoonfuls daily... ...dry eyes and mouth, blurred vision, dizziness, tingling, and feelings of depersonalisation and remoteness. The symptoms gradually subsided as the dose was reduced. - G. S. Venables et al.

Ingestion of freshly ground nutmeg 1.5 to 4 g three to four times daily for 2 days by 2 subjects produced constipation, but no aspirin-like effect on biphasic platelet aggregation was noted. Both subjects also felt light-headed, slightly disorientated, occassionally nauseated, flushed, and had nasal congestion and very dry mouths; pupil size was unaffected."

***All of the above taken from "http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg_faq.shtml"

Myristica Fragrans: An Exploration of the Narcotic Spice by Ibo Nagano
(originally published in The Entheogen Review also found here)

"hysiological effects include dry mouth, nausea, tachycardia, cutaneous flushing, paresthesia, hypotension, euphoria, detachment, CNS excitation, hallucinations, and dyspnea. Nutmeg does not cause any obvious effect on pupil size..."
"... higher doses the effects are more similar to those of the tropane alkaloids, causing confusion, disorientation, and hallucinations."

Compiled from all of the above:
Short Term: Dry eyes/mouth, blurred vision, dizziness, severe vomiting, tachycardia, flushing skin, nausea, constipation, nasal congestion, parasthesia, hypotension, dyspnea, death(+), dehydration.
Of course Hallucinations, CNS excitation, detachment and a few others could be considered positive whereas with others maybe not so I didn't include those...

I'm pretty certain that by the end of this thing Nutmeg may well have the longest list of any.

+ I have read in a couple places of death as a result of nutmeg poisoning so that should also be listed. I'll site those references later if necessary. EDIT: The first is of an eight year old boy with an equivalent of 560mg/kg myristicin. The second death was a fifty five year old woman who also had Rohypnol in her blood. I'm not so sure death is much more of a risk that anything else at an extremely high dose is.

There are obviously issues with nutmeg and administration. First would be it's incredibly long time for initial onset to occur and then it's incredibly long duration of action. Plus, while it is quite pleasant at low doses,(IME), if one wants to experience the more intense aspects of nutmeg it can be a pain in the butt ingesting such a large amount of material.

Also I should be sampling some Amanita Muscaria tomorrow night (might become a yearly Christmas day thing) so even though their effects are probably well documented already I'll still make sure to report any negative side effects I experience.
And same goes for Methoxetamine which I will should be trying in the next couple days. Whether that should go on the list or not I don't know.

DeMenTed
#9 Posted : 8/22/2011 7:57:26 AM

Barry

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes anyway.
I was reading up on cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant and apparently it has serious life threatening side effects when taken with Maoi's.

Here's an excerpt from the cyclobenzaprine wikipedia link Cyclobenzaprine has major contraindications with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). At least one study also found increased risk of serotonin syndrome when cyclobenzaprine was taken with the serotonergic drugs duloxetine or phenelzine.[21]

The following substances may interact with cyclobenzaprine:

Alcohol
Central nervous system (CNS) depressants (medicines that cause drowsiness)
Tricyclic antidepressants may increase the chance of side-effects
Monoamine oxidase inhibitors taken within 2 weeks of cyclobenzaprine may result in serious, life-threatening side-effects

I was thinking it would be good to have a thread that highlighted the danger of some pharma drugs with maoi's etc. Thanks.

Seraph
#10 Posted : 8/24/2011 3:11:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure you want this to be a comprehensive list with about 600 different drugs and all of their effects listed? I don't think you'll manage to make this list comprehensive.